Tester to chair DSCC for 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:37:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tester to chair DSCC for 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tester to chair DSCC for 2016  (Read 868 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/532958060315439104
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »

Warren for outreach?

I really don't see how one of the most liberal members of the senate can really help expand the democratic coalition.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:18:14 PM »

Warren for outreach?

I really don't see how one of the most liberal members of the senate can really help expand the democratic coalition.

I'm guessing they see turnout, i.e. not letting the Obama coalition melt away, as an equally important need following the election. You need to get moderates as a Dem candidate but not by going the full Landrieu from coast to coast.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

Warren for outreach?

You don't need to expand the coalition, you just need to get it to come out to vote. Warren excites those people.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 02:07:06 PM »

Tester should've been chair for this cycle not the next where most of the Democratic pickup opportunities are in Obama states...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »

Warren for outreach?

You don't need to expand the coalition, you just need to get it to come out to vote. Warren excites those people.

I'm pretty sure most people that know who Warren is voted last week. The problem is the low information (non)voters.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 03:26:55 AM »

Tester seems like a fine choice. He knows how to run difficult campaigns, helpful in ANY state. Hopefully he can max out Dem gains next cycle.

Obviously, being from Montana, he has undesirable gun control and energy policies, but he sees climate change as a problem and voted to expand background checks. And it's not like his positions on those issues matter to the candidates Democrats will be running nationwide in 2016.

Plus no one outside of us junkies know who is running the DSCC, let alone who Jon Tester is. I see Tester as a step towards Democratic candidates and the party actually taking positions on issues, candidates reaching out on state-specific issues in their campaigns like he did, not like 2010 Bennet's "muh Ken Buck" strategy that looks like it was applied to every state this year. Turns out not every Republican running was Ken Buck.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies