Do you support President Obama signing an executive order granting amnesty? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support President Obama signing an executive order granting amnesty? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support President Obama signing an executive order granting amnesty?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 86

Author Topic: Do you support President Obama signing an executive order granting amnesty?  (Read 2672 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:36 AM »

I don't really care what he does with the people here now, but the freaking border needs to be secure.  I don't even care if we let in everybody that wants to come in, but they shouldn't be able to do it by simply walking across the border.  It's not good for them and it's not good for us.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:48:39 AM »

I don't really care what he does with the people here now, but the freaking border needs to be secure.  I don't even care if we let in everybody that wants to come in, but they shouldn't be able to do it by simply walking across the border.  It's not good for them and it's not good for us.

That is much easier said than done. What really needs to be done is to strictly enforce employment law and make E-verify a requirement. Making sure small businesses and contractors are following this law is the big challenge. If jobs still exist for illegal immigrants, they will continue to come.
I agree with all that.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
We waste use resources inefficiently all the time.  The couple extra billion it would take to properly secure the border is nowhere near the most wasteful way we spend money.  Clearly the border can be more secure than it is now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies