Catholicism Fading in Latin America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:12:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Catholicism Fading in Latin America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholicism Fading in Latin America  (Read 8158 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 15, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »

The growth in protestantism is all very disturbing. And if you are asking 'why?' then you should be aware that it's rather self explanatory.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »

The growth in protestantism is all very disturbing. And if you are asking 'why?' then you should be aware that it's rather self explanatory.

Pretend it's not self explanatory, since it is not.  I grant that for many protestant denominations, I can see why you would find their growth to be disturbing, but the issue which seems to touch most directly upon why you might find this all very disturbing is not a defining issue for protestantism.  Or are you equating all protestant denominations with those which you find disturbing?

You're kidding yourself if you think the growth in 'protestantism' is in say, cuddly Episcopalians. It's growth is in the same sort of church that the USA excels in spreading like a venereal disease across the world. It's the same style, the same vapidness, the same suits, the same music, the same sermons, the same promises, the same banality, the same persecution complex, the same victims, the same victimised, the same sh-t that the USA, the one country in the world that makes Christianity into a consumer product exports throughout the world.

Everywhere it goes, it chips away at local culture and decides that the issues that concern the Reverend Asshole of Bum, Ohio must be the concerns of Uganda or China or Chile. Throwing in a little latin heat doesn't take away the taste.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »

Everywhere it goes, it chips away at local culture and decides that the issues that concern the Reverend Asshole of Bum, Ohio must be the concerns of Uganda or China or Chile. Throwing in a little latin heat doesn't take away the taste.

But remember kids, afleitch is the mature, dispassionate one here.

I'm allowed to get passionate. I'm a human being.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies