Here comes Obama's impeachment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:00:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Here comes Obama's impeachment
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Here comes Obama's impeachment  (Read 3609 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 15, 2014, 03:21:57 PM »

They just can't help themselves. Like the scorpion and the frog.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-want-impeachment-obama-executive-action-immigration

Add Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ) charges forward in saying that if President Barack Obama takes executive action to slow deportations of undocumented immigrations he will have performed an impeachable offense. The idea is spreading quickly.

"Well, Charles Krauthammer was asked that same question and I think, just recently on one of the news programs and I have to agree with him of course it would be," Salmon said on Newsmax TV.

Mother Jones magazine also compiled a helpful list of others who have made this same call in the past.

- Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) said "impeachment would be a consideration, yes sir."

- Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL) suggested that if Obama took executive action he would leave "Congress no option" but impeachment.

- There was also Rep. Steve King (R-IA) who said "I think Congress has to sit down and have a serious look at the rest of this Constitution and that includes that 'I' word that we don't want to say."

- Outgoing Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) said Obama "wants us to impeach him now, before the midterm election because his senior advisers believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote."

- Last but certainly not least was Sarah Palin, who said Obama's unsecured border crisis is the last straw that makes the battered wife say, 'no mas.'"
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »

Glorious news! The 2016 Democratic wave is building!!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »

The republicans really don't know what they're getting into. Let me be clear: Impeach President Obama, and a 2016 presidential race without Hillary becomes very close to Safe D.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »

The republicans really don't know what they're getting into. Let me be clear: Impeach President Obama, and a 2016 presidential race without Hillary becomes very close to Safe D.

I would like to think but maybe not. The last time they shut down the government, they won the following election by 8 points, 4 senators and 30 congresscriters.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »

I would like to think but maybe not. The last time they shut down the government, they won the following election by 8 points, 4 senators and 30 congresscriters.

But last time a black swan event sunk the Democrats literally 1 week after the end of the shutdown.  As long as Obama doesn't epically screw something up, this time should be different.  Also, if they are getting this riled up over immigration, just think what will happen after Roberts likely kills the federal exchange subsidies. 
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »

BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 04:51:46 PM »

Do it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »

Yay!
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »

Considering these politicians are not in line with the rest of the party, I'm not worried.

These idiots need to be excommunicated out of the Republican Party
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 05:30:39 PM »

And people say that the average voter isn't an idiot.
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »

I don't think anyone should be happy about this. It perpetuates the current problems we have with nothing to gain.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »

I've been saying it was going to happen for a while now.  I mean, just look at the map I'v drawn.

Green is someone saying they want to impeach president
Blue is someone who would vote for it, but says it is idiotic to impeach
Light Blue is someone who has dodged the question
Red is a no.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 06:43:45 PM »

Is there a reason the entire Maryland delegation has given their opinions on impeachment?
hopper
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »

Boehner will not put Impeachment to a vote. He has seen this movie before in 1998 and  the movie did not end well at all.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »

Is there a reason the entire Maryland delegation has given their opinions on impeachment?
Well every dem had better be red on the map...
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 06:53:15 PM »

The one republican has said he would vote for it, and I assume that all democrat's will vote no.  So, when all of the Republican's have said something about impeachment, I also colour in the democrat's.
KCDem

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »

Boehner will not put Impeachment to a vote. He has seen this movie before in 1998 and  the movie did not end well at all.

Obviously the drunken hound is irrelevant at this point. The patients are officially taking over the asylum.
hopper
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »

Obviously the drunken hound is irrelevant at this point. The patients are officially taking over the asylum.
Well can any member of the US House put impeachment to a vote on the floor without the Speakers approval to do so? I know with the "War Powers Act" any member of the US House can bring that up for a vote without the Speakers approval to do so.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 07:09:08 PM »

After what happened to Cantor, I wouldn't bet the farm on Boehner standing up to the crazies.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »

While that is really the only constitutional recourse they have to curb executive usurpation of power, that power has essentially atrophied from lack of use. I doubt the electoral repercussions would be as severe if prior Congresses had been more liberal with their ultimate check on the executive branch.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »

McConnell will not put impeachment to a vote. He knows doing so would lose the Senate in 2016.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »

According to that map there is not one R so far who can openly say they oppose impeachment? The greenies need their heads checked and the blues are a bunch of cowards.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »

Obama should try to commit as many "impeachable offenses" as possible.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »

McConnell will not put impeachment to a vote. He knows doing so would lose the Senate in 2016.

If the House votes to impeach, Ted Cruz will find a way to force the Senate to hold a trial, even if McConnell knows better.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 04:09:04 AM »

Gowdy put it best. Have you MET Joe Biden?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies