Here comes Obama's impeachment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:14:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Here comes Obama's impeachment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here comes Obama's impeachment  (Read 3641 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 15, 2014, 04:46:43 PM »

The republicans really don't know what they're getting into. Let me be clear: Impeach President Obama, and a 2016 presidential race without Hillary becomes very close to Safe D.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »

Boehner won't put it up for a vote. He knows that a Republican White House can just write an executive order rolling back the Obama executive orders and mitigate the damage. The proposed Obama executive order, IIRC, doesn't confer citizenship on the illegal immigrants. A Republican President can probably figure out how to roll back quietly the executive orders. Far better, in short, to ride out the storm of the next two years, convene with Republicans in control of both chambers of Congress, end the filibuster, roll back the executive orders, and pass whatever they want.

It's not the first time this has been done. Bush rolled back Clinton's last minute executive orders. This is in other words not a fight worth picking.

Nobody will be impeached. There's a White House to be won, and the stakes in 2016 are too high for the GOP to play this kind of chicken crap. This isn't 1998 either.
...Except I highly doubt Jeb Bush would roll back this executive order.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies