Cuba rejects plans for first mosque
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cuba rejects plans for first mosque
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuba rejects plans for first mosque  (Read 833 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »

http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/145533/cuba-rejects-plans-for-first-mosque

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People can have different opinion  about whether Cuba should let a Mosque be build on Cuba, but I understand why they don't want Erdogan influence near them.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »

Yeah, they should let a mosque be built but they shouldn't let Erdogan have anything to do with it.

You left out the party where Ergodan wants to do this because he thinks there was a mosque in Cuban before 1492 and that Muslims came to the new world before Columbus. Basically, he's going senile.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »

Yeah, they should let a mosque be built but they shouldn't let Erdogan have anything to do with it.

You left out the party where Ergodan wants to do this because he thinks there was a mosque in Cuban before 1492 and that Muslims came to the new world before Columbus. Basically, he's going senile.

I don't know if it's senility so much as a new breed of propaganda designed to distract the masses. "Brutal political repression and deteriorating international stature? Hey, look, I've got the deed to America right here!!!"
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »

Junk regime!

EDIT: This refers, of course, to both the Castro regime and the Erdogan regime.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »

I don't know if it's senility so much as a new breed of propaganda designed to distract the masses. "Brutal political repression and deteriorating international stature? Hey, look, I've got the deed to America right here!!!"

I was thinking the repressive tendencies were also a result of senility. I don't know, maybe I'm giving him too much credit but it seemed like until recently he was a fairly standard democratic conservative and not at all dictator-y.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »

This might the first time Sarah Palin and Fidel/Raul Castro agree on anything.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »

I was thinking the repressive tendencies were also a result of senility. I don't know, maybe I'm giving him too much credit but it seemed like until recently he was a fairly standard democratic conservative and not at all dictator-y.

I don't think he have changed, but by now he have gotten rid of most of his opponents in the judicial branch and the military, so he can get away with behave less compromising, at the same time he have seen several foreign policy humiliations, so he yell even higher to convince the Turks that they're  "Stronk".

Of course even with the removal of his most open opponents in the Turkish state, he still risk a coup when the property bubble burst. Simply because the public support for him are mostly based on his economic results.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies