NV Congressional Races 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:29:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV Congressional Races 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV Congressional Races 2016  (Read 31358 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: November 16, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

I would place the chances of Sandoval running at about 50-50, maybe even slightly higher. While it's perfectly possible that he's not interested, These rumors of him being "too scared of Reid" or "having formed some agreement" (the latter of which doesn't even make sense, as it's not as if the so-called "Reid Turnout Machine" would have helped any NV democrat this year except for MAYBE Horsford and/or Miller.) are mere rumor, nothing more, and should not be believed one bit without further evidence.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:31:14 PM »

He won't.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:05:51 PM »

Hutchinson and Krolicki would be great alternatives to Sandoval. The best alternative to Sandoval would be Joe Heck, but unfortunately he's said outright he isn't running.

I would really like to see Sandoval change his mind. He's the only one who would be a strong favorite against reid. The rest of the good options are only slight favorites or at just a 50-50 chance of victory.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:51:58 PM »

Which Reid would totally win, based on the coattails.

I'm just not seeing anyone other than Sandoval having much chance.
I don't know why people keep insisting that Reid is a shoo-in when he only squeaked out a win against the single worst candidate republicans could have nominated. He's one of the least popular senators in the country in a pretty swingy state and he's only getting more frail and senile.

People think Reid has this masterful turnout machine or something that can work wonders. Well, if he has such a machine, where was it in 2012 when Shelley Berkeley lost? Where was it last year, when the republicans swept the statewide offices, won all 3 winnable U.S. House seats, and got majorities in both houses of the Nevada legislature - including picking up several seats that were never supposed to have real risk of flipping. Reid's turnout machine simply doesn't exist - he only won in 2010 because he was running against a michele-bachmann type lunatic. Reid is unpopular, ineffective in the senate, and probably easy to attack.

A Reid vs. Sandoval Race would be Likely R to start. A Reid vs. Hutchinson/Krolicki/Heck/Amodei race would be Lean R to start. Reid vs. Roberson/Brower/Beers would start at Toss-Up.

Reid would start at Lean D over one of the 'accidental constitutional officers' (Laxalt/Cegavske/Schwartz/Knecht), but even one of them could very well beat him in the right situation.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »

Even with his "Why would I propose these things?" comment, I'm still giving Sandoval a 20% chance of running. First, I'm not stupid enough to believe that he likes Reid or is scared of his imaginary turnout machine, or anything silly and dumb like that. Second, McConnell and co. will be SCREAMING at Sandoval to run from now until the filing deadline, especially because with Sandoval, the race would be Likely R.

I would count Hutchinson almost completely out. The idea with him running for Lt. Gov. was that there would be no risk of a democrat winning the seat (as opposed to Lowden, who would have pulled out a narrow win at best), freeing up Sandoval to run for Senate without giving the governorship to a democrat. The idea wasn't for Hutchinson to use it as a leaping post for a 2016 federal office campaign. Furthermore, he would have spent less than a year as Lt. Gov. upon beginning his campaign, which just sounds like too soon to run for another office. Besides, he's only 51, so he has plenty of time to enjoy being Lt. Gov. and perhaps run for Governor in 2018 (when Sandoval is term-limited) and/or for Heller's Senate seat once Heller retires (or in 2022 if Reid wins reelection.) . I'll give Hutchinson a 5% chance of running at this point - I don't think the party will pursue him seriously unless Sandoval, Krolicki, and Roberson all refuse to run, which I doubt will happen.

I see Krolicki as a lot likelier to run. He has a grudge against Reid over that indictment, and those things are hard to let go. Furthermore, if Roberson bows out or looks weak well before the filing deadline, the pressure on Krolicki (barring Sandoval entering) to run will be intense. That being said, he's only slightly better than Roberson at face value. I'll put the odds of Krolicki running at 45%.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 12:50:14 PM »

It's pretty much this:

Plan A: Sandoval
Plan B: Heck
Plan C: Krolicki
Plan D: Roberson
Plan E: Beers
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »

Go Heck Go!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 12:53:03 AM »

Good. Even Masto would be better than that Lady.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 01:59:27 AM »

Sandoval's tax package cleared the Assembly tonight, Ralston says Senate will be a breeze. So session finishes on schedule, presumably Heck will get in soon.

Any chance Sandoval gives into pressure and runs?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »

Conventional Wisdom is that Roberson will run for CD3, and Heck will run for senate. Vice versa of that is also possible.

Any chance Krolicki runs for senate?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

Ralston seems to say Heck will announce today.

Yes!!!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 11:05:47 PM »

John Oceguera (Heck's opponent in 2012) just jumped into NV-4, putting him in a battle for the nomination against Lucy Flores.

and Ruben Kihuen.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »

He'll lose again.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:28 PM »

Is anyone even going to run for NV-3 on the democratic side?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies