NV Congressional Races 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:50:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV Congressional Races 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV Congressional Races 2016  (Read 31357 times)
KCDem

« on: November 16, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »

I would place the chances of Sandoval running at about 50-50, maybe even slightly higher. While it's perfectly possible that he's not interested, These rumors of him being "too scared of Reid" or "having formed some agreement" (the latter of which doesn't even make sense, as it's not as if the so-called "Reid Turnout Machine" would have helped any NV democrat this year except for MAYBE Horsford and/or Miller.) are mere rumor, nothing more, and should not be believed one bit without further evidence.

I think I'm going to trust the expert of Nevada politics over some random "independent" from Minnesota Roll Eyes
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »

Would Hardy run just to avoid another campaign against Horsford?

Hardy is a nobody so I doubt he has strategically thought about it.

As to the assembly speaker, LOL. I wouldn't be surprised to see Adelson pull some strings to get him removed.
KCDem

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:08:49 PM »

WAT!?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No! We need him for 2016!

The DLC strikes again!
KCDem

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »

If Sandoval does run, Reid will lose in a landslide. Most likely 60%-40%.

No. That would not be the case.
KCDem

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »

Reid's main focus would be to drive Sandoval's favorables down early and he would have a good opportunity to do that. With Republicans in control of the Senate, that makes it a little easier for Reid to play defense and tie Sandoval to ineffective leadership.

Wouldn't it be much easier for Sandoval to tie Reid to ineffective leadership, since Reid is, unlike Sandoval, an ineffective leader?

Sandoval, of course, has no need to dirty himself trying to get Reid's favorables down; they're already horrendous. The optics of Sandoval running a positive campaign in the face of Reid's negativity would also be fantastic for Reid, I'm sure.

In what way has Reid been ineffective. From a Democrat's perspective he's been extremely effective at trolling McConnell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies