NV Congressional Races 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:33:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV Congressional Races 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV Congressional Races 2016  (Read 31351 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: November 16, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

I would place the chances of Sandoval running at about 50-50, maybe even slightly higher. While it's perfectly possible that he's not interested, These rumors of him being "too scared of Reid" or "having formed some agreement" (the latter of which doesn't even make sense, as it's not as if the so-called "Reid Turnout Machine" would have helped any NV democrat this year except for MAYBE Horsford and/or Miller.) are mere rumor, nothing more, and should not be believed one bit without further evidence.

I think I'm going to trust the expert of Nevada politics over some random "independent" from Minnesota Roll Eyes

If anything that was more wishful thinking than an actual prediction.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 03:20:16 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2014, 03:24:52 PM by Invisible Obama »

I would place the chances of Sandoval running at about 50-50, maybe even slightly higher. While it's perfectly possible that he's not interested, These rumors of him being "too scared of Reid" or "having formed some agreement" (the latter of which doesn't even make sense, as it's not as if the so-called "Reid Turnout Machine" would have helped any NV democrat this year except for MAYBE Horsford and/or Miller.) are mere rumor, nothing more, and should not be believed one bit without further evidence.

I think I'm going to trust the expert of Nevada politics over some random "independent" from Minnesota Roll Eyes

You guys are so whipped that the thought of another pounding in '16 just can't even be discussed, can it?

Here we go. Ralston's analysis is pretty good in Nevada, I'd be surprised if he was wrong about Sandoval running.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »

You guys are so whipped that the thought of another pounding in '16 just can't even be discussed, can it?

Here we go. Ralston's analysis is pretty good in Nevada, I'd be surprised if he was wrong about Sandoval running.

Uh, Ralston just listed 8 different candidates who he gives a greater than 50% chance of beating Reid, and then proceeded to give us a list of "accidental officers" before informing us if one of them is running against Reid the election is 50/50. I'd have to say that if Reid is down to 50/50 against an accidental officer his odds don't look good, regardless of whether Sandoval runs or not.

Uh, I didn't specifically address those odds, uh, I was addressing the chances of Sandoval running, but nice try. As far as those chances go, I wouldn't write Reid off so quickly, especially under presidential turnout. Republicans hate Reid, and it's very personal, so they will try hard to beat him, but there is no guarantee that they will be successful.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »

Uh, Ralston just listed 8 different candidates who he gives a greater than 50% chance of beating Reid, and then proceeded to give us a list of "accidental officers" before informing us if one of them is running against Reid the election is 50/50. I'd have to say that if Reid is down to 50/50 against an accidental officer his odds don't look good, regardless of whether Sandoval runs or not.

Uh, I didn't specifically address those odds, uh, I was addressing the chances of Sandoval running, but nice try. As far as those chances go, I wouldn't write Reid off so quickly, especially under presidential turnout. Republicans hate Reid, and it's very personal, so they will try hard to beat him, but there is no guarantee that they will be successful.

I think Republicans need Sandoval to beat Reid in a presidential year.  As seen in Kentucky, voters don't split tickets like they used to.

Nevada is more elastic than Kentucky, so there will be more crossover voters, but Reid will still benefit from increased polarization among Democratic voters, on top of his incumbency.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »

Reid's main focus would be to drive Sandoval's favorables down early and he would have a good opportunity to do that. With Republicans in control of the Senate, that makes it a little easier for Reid to play defense and tie Sandoval to ineffective leadership.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »

There are very rarely variances partisan between a presidential result and a Senate result involving an incumbent. It happened in Alaska, but that involved an indictment.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:33 AM »

Sandoval had declined to run before, so that really isn't a surprise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies