Midwest Gubernatorial Recall Election Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwest Gubernatorial Recall Election Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Midwest voters, who is you choice in the upcoming recall?
LeBron Fitzgerald

GAWorth

Not from the Midwest

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Midwest Gubernatorial Recall Election Poll  (Read 1360 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:20 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2014, 10:58:50 PM by Lowly Griff »

What? Why are we muddying the water on the recall efforts? I've been a part of many a recall in my day - and witnessed plenty of others - and it's always been a scenario of

a) circulate petition; if threshold is reached, a recall vote occurs
b) a vote to recall is held; if threshold is reached, an election occurs,
c) people eligible to run for office compete in separate election

This combined recall/election concept makes zero sense. Clearly, a petition was circulated that has triggered a recall vote. Said vote will be held in a few days, and if 60% of people vote to recall, then there will be an additional vote with all of the declared candidates vying for the office.

"Along" in this case can also mean "in addition to", which can imply two separate votes. But I see that this region's Constitution is crap, too.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »

So I thought about this, and maybe legal eagles can weigh in:

Have two concurrent votes - one on the recall itself and another that serves as an actual election in the event the recall is successful. We'll assume that the Governor cannot stand for election if he is recalled, so he would not be on the ballot in the election vote. In the event the recall is successful, then the results of the election are certified. If the recall fails, then the results of the election are void.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »

I feel like the Midwest has had f**ked up executive election procedures for as long as I can remember. Weren't elections for Governor of the Midwest once held on some sort of approval basis where the Governor had to have 70% disapproval in a vote, or something along those lines, and only then there was an election for his/her replacement?

And remember the vote every 6 months thingy you and others insisted on ( Angry ) that gave people the option to either revert to a universal legislature or keep the newly-formed Althing after we worked to get it off the ground? I still can't believe we got the MW to move away from the universal concept.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies