Progressives Have a Solution for the Mid-Term Disaster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:13:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Progressives Have a Solution for the Mid-Term Disaster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Progressives Have a Solution for the Mid-Term Disaster  (Read 1863 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »

IA and CO, not ARK or LA was the key to the majority and having not acted on immigration reform through the Congress, not executively, we would have say a different result.
If anyone thinks another ten million was goingto change NC, they obviously don't live in NC.

The ads were saturating already.

What else could have been placed in an add against Tillis.

1) He gutted eduction to -
2) cut taxes for millions, private jets and yachts
3) will take away your medicare,
4) will ban abortion and contraception
5) had a conflict of interest on his staff

They did all that and more.

So Hagan essentially campaigned as a progressive Democrat?

Its one thing to say your opponent is a right-wing jackhole. Its another to give actual policies.

Exactly, Hagan didn't give a reason to be voted for, was a crappy Senator. And even the Charlotte Observer in their endorsement of her (which she touted as "OMG I Got Tillis' hometown paper"), said she was a crappy Senator in it's endorsement of her.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »

IA and CO, not ARK or LA was the key to the majority and having not acted on immigration reform through the Congress, not executively, we would have say a different result.

Immigration reform would not have helped in IA. A poll in 2013 by I think either SurveyUSA or PPP said that a plurality of Iowans 46-30 oppose a path to legalization. In fact the poll said that of the four biggest questions (immigration, Obamacare, the shutdown and one other one, maybe Keystone) the voters of IA sided with Republicans on all of them except the Gov't shutdown. The seeds of potential Republican victory in Iowa were there a year ago and the campaign merely played out in a way that allowed them to be capitalized on. ALso there is no demographic differential in IA since the state is so monolithic, save for age and even there Iowa is one of the states where young people are leaving.

The Republicans could do very well in Iowa going forward if they grew a brain.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

Every single group sees every election as a mandate for their ideology, no matter what the results of the actual election were. News at 11.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »

I guess one good thing about future Senate midterms for Democrats won't have to spend money propping-out incumbents in Republican states because there aren't any left.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »

I guess one good thing about future Senate midterms for Democrats won't have to spend money propping-out incumbents in Republican states because there aren't any left.

Heitkamp, Donnelly, Tester, Manchin, and McCaskill will all be up in 2018.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:15 AM »

Heitkamp, Donnelly, Tester, Manchin, and McCaskill will all be up in 2018.

I was talking more about the 2016 and 2020 cycles.  Tester, Manchin, and McCaskill will be more entrenched as they will be going for 3rd terms, and I think that's we're probably going to have a Republican in the White House from 2017-21, so I don't think 2018 is going to be a particularly good year for the GOP. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies