Progressives Have a Solution for the Mid-Term Disaster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:24:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Progressives Have a Solution for the Mid-Term Disaster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Progressives Have a Solution for the Mid-Term Disaster  (Read 1873 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 16, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »

If Democrats would just embrace the issues that are liberal in nature than they'll do fine.

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »

If Democrats would just embrace the issues that are liberal in nature than they'll do fine.

In the states that went for Obama in 2008 and/or 2012, they did attempt that. Udall on abortion in Colorado, Braley ran as a progressive in Iowa. I don't remember much about the Hagan campaign, but they did attempt to run progressive - wise on education. I don't remember many Democrats in non-ruby red states attempting to run as moderates or even conservative. Warner in Virginia is the closest example. But I feel he was a minority, not a representative example.

The theory that Democrats weren't progressive enough is interesting. Democrats attempted to run on issues that they felt were popular with their states' electorates according to the state's lean. The Bannock Street project's $60 million initiative was entirely designed around motivating liberal members of the Obama coalition to show up.

Abortion isn't really a main progressive issue, though. And Braley's problem was all the gaffes he made.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies