Snow driving...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Snow driving...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Snow driving...  (Read 4878 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
« edited: November 19, 2014, 11:07:02 PM by New Canadaland »

Jesus, where are you?

It was damn cold this morning here (10F) with wind gusts in my face at 30m/h, but I still biked to work!
Near Waterloo as usual, that day was just a special one. I actually tried biking that day. LOL what a fail that was. Tomorrow isn't much warmer. Not as much snow expected though, may try biking again if the roads are clear.

Edit: You from northern Ontario Hatman? It's been one of those weird weeks where we're colder than places 1000 miles north of here.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 10:50:23 PM »

Jesus, where are you?

It was damn cold this morning here (10F) with wind gusts in my face at 30m/h, but I still biked to work!
Near Waterloo as usual, that day was just a special one. I actually tried biking that day. LOL what a fail that was. Tomorrow isn't much warmer. Not as much snow expected though, may try biking again if the roads are clear.

Edit: You from northern Ontario Hatman? It's been one of those weird weeks where we're colder than places 1000 miles north of here.

You're probably confusing me with Holmes; I'm in Ottawa.

The roads have been pretty good here, though I did fall on my bike yesterday on an icy sidestreet. I made it through the polar vortex last year on my bike, I'll be able to do it again this year.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »

My wife's sister and her husband and son live in Waterloo.  We were there once in winter and it was dreadful.  I guess you get used to it.  I feel a bit spoiled now having lived in southeastern PA for a third year.  20 degrees and a few inches of snow here is a sure school cancellation these days, and I'm glad for it.  I remember when I was living in northern Iowa and 20 degrees and a few inches of snow was de rigeur for five months out of the year.  I certainly wouldn't have expected the schools to cancel for that back then.

It's all about what you're accustomed to.  Stick your hand in 60 degree water after you have been in the jacuzzi and it feels terribly cold, but if you stick your hand in 60 degree water just after you come in from outside and it will feel warm.  Humans are terrible thermometers. 

I guess it's also all about how much your municipality is willing to spend on clearing the streets.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »

Waterloo, Ontario, not the (somewhat smaller) Waterloo, Iowa.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »

WATFOR did you have to clear that up?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 11:50:33 PM »

WATFOR did you have to clear that up?

Canadaland was talking about Waterloo, Ontario. Perhaps it's a coincidence that Angus brought up the other Waterloo, if so I apologize.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »

Angus brought up the other Waterloo

I only brought up one waterloo in this thread, and it is the one in the province of Ontario where my wife's sister lives.  
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 09:46:08 AM »

I hope Our Dear Friend doesn't read this......his nerves couldn't handle it.  I drove 20 miles to work in 4-6 inches of snow.  OMGZ.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies