Snow driving... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:58:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Snow driving... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snow driving...  (Read 4913 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: November 17, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »

Usually we hear those words in the opposite order:  driving snow.

I generally avoid driving in the snow whenever possible.  Sometimes they don't cancel on bad days, so I deal with it.  One time a colleague had a big party planned on a day in December when it started snowing badly.  I ended up staying home and drinking the bottle of tequila that I had bought to bring to her party.  I offered my apologies and brought to her office on the following day a different, but very nice, bottle of tequila and some limes to go with it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »

My wife's sister and her husband and son live in Waterloo.  We were there once in winter and it was dreadful.  I guess you get used to it.  I feel a bit spoiled now having lived in southeastern PA for a third year.  20 degrees and a few inches of snow here is a sure school cancellation these days, and I'm glad for it.  I remember when I was living in northern Iowa and 20 degrees and a few inches of snow was de rigeur for five months out of the year.  I certainly wouldn't have expected the schools to cancel for that back then.

It's all about what you're accustomed to.  Stick your hand in 60 degree water after you have been in the jacuzzi and it feels terribly cold, but if you stick your hand in 60 degree water just after you come in from outside and it will feel warm.  Humans are terrible thermometers. 

I guess it's also all about how much your municipality is willing to spend on clearing the streets.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »

Angus brought up the other Waterloo

I only brought up one waterloo in this thread, and it is the one in the province of Ontario where my wife's sister lives.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies