PA-SEN 2016: McCord not running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:47:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SEN 2016: McCord not running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA-SEN 2016: McCord not running  (Read 4655 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2014, 10:24:38 PM »

Do we know who will even be running against Kane in 2016?

On the GOP side? Possibly Montco DA Risa Ferman. That would be an excellent race. But Kane is almost certainly being primaried by Philly DA (and frequent critic) Seth Williams.

Oh wow, I know who I'm voting for then. AG Williams would be great.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »

This weekend is the annual PA Society in NYC. Kane has reportedly stated that she is "definitely" running for a second term as Attorney General - http://www.politicspa.com/dispatches-from-pa-society-2/62425/

Yeah, and I'm glad. She needs to focus on keeping that job.

Ha. Good luck with that!

JUST LIKE RICK SANTORUM DID RIGHT? LOLOLOLOLOL
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »

This weekend is the annual PA Society in NYC. Kane has reportedly stated that she is "definitely" running for a second term as Attorney General - http://www.politicspa.com/dispatches-from-pa-society-2/62425/

Yeah, I figured as much.

The odds of a Sestak romp in the primary just skyrocketed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »

I know she has passed on running but this is too good to pass up - Even Bob Brady (!) has turned on her - http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/hp/news_update/&id=286166121

This is after DA Williams got two of the subjects of the "racist" sting to plead guilty and after Kane made up the existence of some sworn affidavits (that were actually just memos that she supposedly had staff put together after she made the comment about affidavits existing).

But remember, guys! Talk about her downfall was just that of "GOP hacks." No scandal/gross incompetence to see here! Move along!

But related to the Senate race, the word is that Josh Shapiro might seriously choose to primary Kane. That's how bad this has gotten!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 11:49:36 PM »

I know she has passed on running but this is too good to pass up - Even Bob Brady (!) has turned on her - http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/hp/news_update/&id=286166121

This is after DA Williams got two of the subjects of the "racist" sting to plead guilty and after Kane made up the existence of some sworn affidavits (that were actually just memos that she supposedly had staff put together after she made the comment about affidavits existing).

But remember, guys! Talk about her downfall was just that of "GOP hacks." No scandal/gross incompetence to see here! Move along!

But related to the Senate race, the word is that Josh Shapiro might seriously choose to primary Kane. That's how bad this has gotten!

It's not surprising Brady's come out against her, the Phildelphia Machine has never liked her ever since she beat Pat Murphy.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 12:23:44 AM »

Eh, Seth Williams would be my preferred candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »

It's not surprising Brady's come out against her, the Phildelphia Machine has never liked her ever since she beat Pat Murphy.

I was waiting for that one!

If you think Bob Brady doesn't get behind literally every Dem candidate and especially a sitting (statewide) incumbent unless they're grossly incompetent then you really don't know much about Brady or PA politics.

It's a very big deal for the leader of the most important Dem organization in the state to say he has lost confidence in her.

But I'm pretty sure you were one of the main posters saying Kane's troubles were nothing but GOP nonsense. Still see it that way? 
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 08:29:02 AM »

I'm increasingly feeling like Kane will be taken out in the primary, or at least have a tough go of it.

Especially if Shapiro runs against her.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »

The Inquirer goes after Kane. Ouch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »

...Williams is more conservative than Shapiro...
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »

Maybe he wants a conservative Democrat as AG?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »

Maybe he wants a conservative Democrat as AG?

Yeah, I don't think so.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 08:39:00 PM »

You do have a point there. I mean Sestak could have ran for his old seat, but at the same time Meehan's got that seat as long as he wants it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »

You do have a point there. I mean Sestak could have ran for his old seat, but at the same time Meehan's got that seat as long as he wants it.

...ok...what does that have to do with Williams being more conservative than Shapiro/the AG race? Tongue
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 09:56:20 PM »

...ok...what does that have to do with Williams being more conservative than Shapiro/the AG race? Tongue

I was implying Shapiro for Senate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »

I was implying Shapiro for Senate.

Oh, ok, now this makes sense. Tongue

Looks like Shapiro is really shying away from the Senate race though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 11:53:50 PM »

Is it possible Murphy could run for AG if he doesn't run for his old seat in PA-08?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 06:43:45 AM »

Is it possible Murphy could run for AG if he doesn't run for his old seat in PA-08?

He's kinda a has been...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »

He isn't running in the 8th as far as I know. He won't run for AG either with Williams essentially in the race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 10:28:26 AM »

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/hp/news_update/&id=286438461

Just the victim of a vast right wing conspiracy, AngryGreatness!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »

I think we might need a PA-AG megathread for Phil.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »

I think we might need a PA-AG megathread for Phil.

I'm inclined to agree. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies