Era of the New Majority
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:31:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Era of the New Majority
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50]
Author Topic: Era of the New Majority  (Read 223250 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: May 09, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »

More questions (I hope I'm not needling you too much).
1) Just how quick is Travis County growing?
2) Do we see a coalition district in West Texas north of El Paso, given how Latino it's becoming?
3) How much is South Texas lagging? Is there massive migration from there to San Antonio?
4) I take it there's some immigration to places like Collin, Williamson, Waller, Denton and the other outskirts of metro Counties?

I'll answer your second note first. You would naturally need to come up with some kind of community of interest solution for larger counties, so you're right.

Texas as a whole grew at a slower pace between 2020-2030 than it did in the 2010s despite adding just shy of the same # of people. The urban areas I imagine are fastest booming. You know much more about Texas geography/politics than I do - I will trust your judgement in making sub-state projections
Another thing, in TX they have lots of really annoying tiny VTDs that you need more time to select. Could I please kind of ignore those if I can? They'd statistically insignificant I think.
Also, would McCain-voting seats of over 10 points be swing districts by 2030?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1226 on: May 09, 2017, 01:20:50 PM »

More questions (I hope I'm not needling you too much).
1) Just how quick is Travis County growing?
2) Do we see a coalition district in West Texas north of El Paso, given how Latino it's becoming?
3) How much is South Texas lagging? Is there massive migration from there to San Antonio?
4) I take it there's some immigration to places like Collin, Williamson, Waller, Denton and the other outskirts of metro Counties?

I'll answer your second note first. You would naturally need to come up with some kind of community of interest solution for larger counties, so you're right.

Texas as a whole grew at a slower pace between 2020-2030 than it did in the 2010s despite adding just shy of the same # of people. The urban areas I imagine are fastest booming. You know much more about Texas geography/politics than I do - I will trust your judgement in making sub-state projections
Another thing, in TX they have lots of really annoying tiny VTDs that you need more time to select. Could I please kind of ignore those if I can? They'd statistically insignificant I think.
Also, would McCain-voting seats of over 10 points be swing districts by 2030?

Sure, whatever you'd like to do.

Some might, in metro areas. Rural ones would still be pretty Republican I'd think unless they become super Hispanic (though in this TL Texas R's still do okay with more conservative Latinos)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1227 on: May 10, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »

KingSweden, before I do my next 4 states, after 2030, what is the status of state government control in MN, WI, IA, and KS?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1228 on: May 10, 2017, 12:43:40 PM »

KingSweden, before I do my next 4 states, after 2030, what is the status of state government control in MN, WI, IA, and KS?

DM me, don't want spoilers for everyone else Wink
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1229 on: May 10, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2017, 10:31:37 PM by Rust Belt or Die »

May I fiddle with a 19 district Ohio?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1230 on: May 11, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »

Of course! Remember that Cuyahoga districts should be depopulated like rural ones, for reasons that I'm sure are plain
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1231 on: May 11, 2017, 06:48:18 PM »

Of course! Remember that Cuyahoga districts should be depopulated like rural ones, for reasons that I'm sure are plain.

The Ohio Department of Development actually has [ur=https://development.ohio.gov/files/research/P6095.pdf]2030 projections[/url] which are pretty close to your own. So I'll try and use those. Anything else to consider? (Partisanship, etc.)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1232 on: May 11, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »

Of course! Remember that Cuyahoga districts should be depopulated like rural ones, for reasons that I'm sure are plain.

The Ohio Department of Development actually has [ur=https://development.ohio.gov/files/research/P6095.pdf]2030 projections[/url] which are pretty close to your own. So I'll try and use those. Anything else to consider? (Partisanship, etc.)

WWC has trended R, though not like Trump era. Columbus and Cincy have trended D along with their suburbs to a lesser extent
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1233 on: May 11, 2017, 10:47:34 PM »

Sorry, I meant with how the actual process works. Is it commission now?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1234 on: May 12, 2017, 10:03:18 AM »

Sorry, I meant with how the actual process works. Is it commission now?

Sort of. In 2029 the overwhelmingly Democratic Congress will pass a new VRA that includes strict gerrymandering prohibitions (basically mandating compactness and communities of interest). That doesn't mean there can't be incumbent protection maps per se, but with the House expansion that's not really an issue in the 2030 round
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1235 on: June 29, 2017, 11:27:58 PM »

So basically... President Moulton and the Democratic Congress spend 2029 passing a grab bag of prog priorities. Besides universal healthcare, PR is admitted as a state. Lots of SJW-y bills are proposed, most go nowhere. The Voting Rights Act of 2029 bans voter ID, federalizes election oversight, passes universal automatic registration. Sotomayor retires and is replaced by 45-year old black woman Kenisha McDonald.

The Chinese government collapses in 2029, leading to a global financial crisis. Massive stimulus from all the world's governments. The Dallas Cowboys defeat the Steelers in overtime to win their first Super Bowl in over thirty years. A loose coalition of ex/CCP officials run China warily. Free elections in Iran lead to the  end of the Islamic Republic

Ex-President Sandoval goes full DGAF, doing a national tour discussing the future of the GOP and naming names of all the Repubs he felt backstabbed him in DC.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1236 on: November 30, 2017, 02:24:17 AM »

Bumping this back up. Here's a House district map I made using the states I've already done.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies