Era of the New Majority (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:37:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Era of the New Majority (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Era of the New Majority  (Read 223512 times)
hurricanehink
United States

« on: December 01, 2014, 05:25:58 PM »

I'm predicting a crazy Cruz turnaround.

The North Carolina update said Clinton won. Unless you mean Cruz in the future...?
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »

So by math, the new Congress is +40, meaning Democrats retake the house?! 206 to 228, in favor of Democrats?
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »

Not to mention, timelines are more entertaining when they're interesting, and having two new speakers of the house is definitely that!
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

I think this is a fascinating timeline, with great details and intrigue. Please keep going!
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »

Nice update. What's going on with marijuana legalization? (Not sure if that was covered)
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 09:37:27 AM »

The Ohio map. In fairly neutral conditions, should produce 11R-4D. Reasons for the map being drawn this way, with certain incumbent Reps no longer having a district, will be given in the 2022 Ohio update.

It's back!! Thanks for the update. Hope you've been well. I've been fascinated by your 2020s house maps so far.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »

Great job finishing the 2024 elections so quickly! I'm curious where you're gonna take this, especially with the first GOP president winning in 20 years.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 11:38:49 AM »

I always liked the existing format for elections, for what it's worth. News style updates throughout the night tend to create drama in the early hours, just like real elections, but I feel like your story doesn't need that added element of drama, not when you've already successfully gone 10 years into the future.

I would love seeing some 10 year assessments on some broader changes, such as PR statehood, cannabis reform, how far iPhones have gone, where technology is going. It'll be a very different world when even 3rd world countries have internet, when US has computers approaching human intelligence, whatnot. However, some of the technology stuff might have the feel of science fiction. PM me if you want to talk future technology, that's a niche TL interest of mine. Regardless, keep up the good work with this thorough and enjoyable timeline!
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »

Hope this isn't over! I was looking forward to another presidential election in this very detailed future history timeline. I've rarely seen a timeline commit more than 10 years in the future.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »

State of the State: A Tour of America's Fifty States

This Week: Alabama

"It's a ghost town," she says from her porch. "Ten, twenty years ago, there were people all up and down here." The city's three middle schools were merged into one and the census bureau estimates fewer than twenty thousand people will live in the town by the 2030 census, a loss of nearly two thirds of the city's population since 1960. The trend has, as it has all around the country, accelerated in the last decade.

The story is not much better in Birmingham, which is growing, albeit slowly. City officials estimate that the city grows less than 1% per year, compared to cities around the South like Nashville, Charlotte and Atlanta that are positively booming even during the long-term downturn across much of the region. "I just think there's a stigma and there are few industries that attract people," laments City Councilmember Trevor Davis. "So much of service jobs are automated now, banks have been bought up in mergers. It's not like the town is going out of business, but it's not like it once was."

As the state struggles, many of it's leaders maintain optimism. Whether the people share it remains to be seen.

Interesting stuff! It'll eventually make for vastly different 2030 maps (not that I'm getting ahead of myself!) I agree we'll increasingly see people move for coasts and cities, which will make it even harder for Republicans with such a heavy urban population.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 08:02:52 PM »

Say it ain't so Bubba! Great job bringing this into the 2028 election. Can't wait to see elections, what happens in China, North Korea, everywhere!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies