Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:44:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.  (Read 1065 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:56:29 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hickenlooper

Master’s degree in geology (interesting)
Mayor of Denver 2003-2011
Governor of Colorado 2011-
Survivor of the Great GOP Wave of '14
Newly single.

Discuss pros and cons.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:25:23 AM »

He's also the Vice Chairman of the DGA. He won't run for President though. He's in a similar situation to O'Malley where under Hick's leadership, the CO Dems faced huge setbacks this year with Udall and losing the state legislature.

There's also the fact to that the Clinton's helped campaign for Hickenlooper this year, and Hick owes Hillary his patronage in 2016 when she runs.

I think he could make a very strong VP pick though. Hillary needs a male running mate, one who's preferably young, Hillary isn't well-liked in Colorado, and Hick simply has a great resume of being able to survive 2 GOP waves in a swing state. I could definitely see Hillary picking him as her running mate.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »

He's also the Vice Chairman of the DGA. He won't run for President though. He's in a similar situation to O'Malley where under Hick's leadership, the CO Dems faced huge setbacks this year with Udall and losing the state legislature.

There's also the fact to that the Clinton's helped campaign for Hickenlooper this year, and Hick owes Hillary his patronage in 2016 when she runs.

I think he could make a very strong VP pick though. Hillary needs a male running mate, one who's preferably young, Hillary isn't well-liked in Colorado, and Hick simply has a great resume of being able to survive 2 GOP waves in a swing state. I could definitely see Hillary picking him as her running mate.

Hick is definitely a survivor and would help a Dem ticket at the bottom immeasurably.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »

Good VP candidate.  Governor of a critical state, will likely be popular again after the Koch fronts quit sniping at him -- basically, his stock as a pol goes way up in December of this year.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 10:08:44 PM »

A huge plus I must say, would help excite Democrats in Colorado, obviously a critical state.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »

He was flirting with the idea of running last year, but seemed to give up on it.  Here's what I said about it last year:

Hickenlooper is weird.  At times, he seems exasperated that people want to talk about him as a potential presidential candidate.  Back in June, he said "I have no interest in running in 2016, just so we’re absolutely clear.”

But then a few days ago, he goes and says that the discord in Washington is discouraging him from a presidential run:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/colorado-gov--hickenlooper-on-2016--dc-dysfunction-‘discouraging’-him-from-presidential-run-214314188.html

If he already wasn't going to run, then how can he be further discouraged from running?  Why even talk about running, if he doesn't want to run?  This just seems suspiciously like he's holding out hope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:29 PM »

Nobody runs for VP.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 11:25:31 PM »

The 2014 wave probably destroyed his chances of being president. Winning a plurality of the popular vote and not winning a majority probably hurts him. Remember, he started out as the favorite and Beauprez closed in on him. It is also a referendum on the man that he could not garner a full majority after a term. This is probably the biggest nope against him.

He might get picked Vice President. 
KCDem

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »

Disaster. Just look at the DGA's performance this cycle. Non-starter.
Panda Express

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »

Seriously, listen to him speak/debate. He's not good. He would be a poor choice for President or VP. He ran a bad campaign this cycle (only saved by the fact that Beauprez ran a pretty poor campaign as well)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »

Generic below mediocre governor Hickenlooper barely won his seat against a crappy GOP candidate Beauprez.  What makes you think he can make VP or even President? Listen to Hickenlooper speak, he can barely string two sentences together to make a coherent response.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »

Maybe he'll put Cory Gardner back in his place in 2014.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »

Prone to gaffes, not a very polished speaker, and very boring and uninspiring.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »

Bandied about as a potential presidential candidate if Hillary Clinton for some reason passed, Mr. Hickenlooper said there’s no chance he’d run.

“No, my God. What a dogfight,” he said. “You’d have to convince me, and I don’t think there’s a way, a human way to convince me,” he said. “At least the way I look at my life it would be the last major undertaking I get in my adult life. And I’d have to believe that I was changing, somehow doing something incredibly important for the country and changing it, and I don’t see that as remotely feasible in the present world.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/11/19/colorados-hickenlooper-on-getting-re-elected-its-about-the-economy/

Well, I guess he's not interested.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies