Opinion of Bushie's Marian theology
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2024, 03:15:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Bushie's Marian theology
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Bushie's Marian theology
Freedom Theology

Horrible Theology

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Opinion of Bushie's Marian theology  (Read 1263 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:27 AM »

He admitted Rudolph the claymation reindeer is a pleasant side dish to his Jesus beefy butt roast.  Dont take offense, Nathan... Just throw your arms up in despair.

And if you want to take a play out of the fundie book... Tell him youll pray for him in such a tone that suggests he needs it.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:27 AM »

By here, I mean with our favorite updating poster.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 12:34:13 AM »

NT Wright said something like "lose the infancy narratives and you lose a few chapters of the New Testament, lose the resurrection and you lose the entire Gospel", and that's more or less my position.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 08:30:47 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2014, 08:34:23 AM by Grumps »

I wouldn't have created this thread if I didn't have reason to be personally offended. Other aspects of Bushie's theology are awful too, but they're not offensive in the same way.

What is the most awful thing, in my view, is they go out and try and convert others to be like them......and I don't particularly like them.   Yes let's go to Africa to convert Muslim children to Christianity.....those poor kids, like being muslim is like having a disease.

Oh and as for this Marian theology....it's not his theology.  It's some load of crap his preacher buddies shove down his throat.  Yes, the Theotokos is to be any ordinary 14 year old girl with a womb from a poor village.....yeah, an unwilling incubator.  
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »

I think Grumps surprisingly actually summed it up best. The issue here is not that Bushie thinks Marian venerations and intercessory prayers are inappropriate, that's a position that he shares with almost all Protestants and honestly even a non-negligible number of Catholics (or "Catholics" as I'd rather say since these are exactly the type of people who should leave.)

However that's not what he said. He said that Mary was basically just some random barely teenage girl who God chose to be a vessel, and that what God did is basically equivalent to if a person today raped and impregnated some woman, but since it's God doing it it's OK. I'd be shocked if you'd find any serious theologian, even a very conservative one of his bent who'd say that.

But as noted Bushie doesn't have a real theology. He basically just buys whatever his pastors tell him. But even then there's times when he doesn't fully understand it and ends up making it sound ridiculous trying to explain it. He's not alone here, I've heard many Catholics make really bad defenses of various aspects of Catholic theology that even the RCC itself and serious Catholic theologians would never advocate. But the fact that his statement is essentially that Mary is really a rape victim, and that we should approve and celebrate that, is quite a bit more offensive.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »

I think Grumps surprisingly actually summed it up best. The issue here is not that Bushie thinks Marian venerations and intercessory prayers are inappropriate, that's a position that he shares with almost all Protestants and honestly even a non-negligible number of Catholics (or "Catholics" as I'd rather say since these are exactly the type of people who should leave.)

However that's not what he said. He said that Mary was basically just some random barely teenage girl who God chose to be a vessel, and that what God did is basically equivalent to if a person today raped and impregnated some woman, but since it's God doing it it's OK. I'd be shocked if you'd find any serious theologian, even a very conservative one of his bent who'd say that.

But as noted Bushie doesn't have a real theology. He basically just buys whatever his pastors tell him. But even then there's times when he doesn't fully understand it and ends up making it sound ridiculous trying to explain it. He's not alone here, I've heard many Catholics make really bad defenses of various aspects of Catholic theology that even the RCC itself and serious Catholic theologians would never advocate. But the fact that his statement is essentially that Mary is really a rape victim, and that we should approve and celebrate that, is quite a bit more offensive.

Aren't you being a little harsh on him?  Think about it.  Many of you religiouses come from a church that encourages introspection of one's own faith.  I know that the minister/pastor of my aunt's Episcopal church (which is where my parents took me for a short time when I was 8-9 years old), and is a family friend, encouraged everyone to look at Jesus's message/story and decide what that personally meant to them.  I'm pretty sure the guy even told me one time, after I said as a lad that I don't even think any of this actually happened, that my view was fine and much of it was all "the moral of the story", and that it is very important that I think for myself in all aspects of life. 

Bushie is and has always been told to NEVER question the literal word of the Bible.  He doesn't interpret anything beyond what the words mean to him at first-glance.  I always wondered why they even have those Bible studies since they are so literalistic. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2014, 03:17:38 PM by Governor Simfan »

I must imagine that he must practically hate the Virgin Mary as Protestants seem to do?

Now watch the catholics get huffy and indignant and holier than thou.

I say if you're going to be Christian, then stick to the message of Jesus.

Indeed. Feel free to continue advocating frothing at the mouth about JAAAY-SUUUS and waving your hands, hopping around like monkeys, and calling it a religious service. This is the real heresy, the real paganism, practically Vodoun. Ugh.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »

I must imagine that he must practically hate the Virgin Mary as Protestants seem to do?

Indeed. Feel free to continue advocating frothing at the mouth about JAAAY-SUUUS and waving your hands, hopping around like monkeys, and calling it a religious service. This is the real heresy, the real paganism, practically Vodoun. Ugh.

That's funny because it was the Catholics who were traditionally derided for all motions. Kneeling, standing, gymnastics, etc.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 06:23:51 PM »

That's funny because it was the Catholics who were traditionally derided for all motions. Kneeling, standing, gymnastics, etc.

While it may be confusing to outsiders and well many Catholics, but every motion has deep meaning that stretches back to the early church. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies