NE1: Right to Unionize Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:16:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: Right to Unionize Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: Right to Unionize Act (Failed)  (Read 955 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »

I obviously support this in principle, but the wording is far too vague, and the infringement provisions are too fast and loose.

I move the following amendment:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

2. Any business engaging in the subversion of the workers' right to unionize shall lose all funding from the Northeast government.

The provisions of my amendment are drawn directly from the Constitution of South Africa, one of the most progressive national documents in the world.  It strongly enshrines the right of the worker while allowing for the internal process of negotiation between workers and employers.  The Assembly shall be empowered to regulate collective bargaining and to ensure equal, fair, and transparent negotiations.  

I believe my amendment clarifies the noble intentions of the original legislation and removes any possibility of confusion over interpretation - a problem that beguiles much of our current constitution.
[/quote]

Friendly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies