Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:41:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 204993 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 29, 2014, 09:29:50 PM »

Bowling scores tonight were much better.  100, 107, and 129.  We nearly finished a fourth game, but time ran out.

What did you eat while there?

I ate a cheeseburger before I bowled, which I quickly worked off by bowling 38 frames.  It was the first substantial meal I have had all day.  I'm hungry now, but I will wait till breakfast.

It takes 90 minutes of bowling, 1 frame after another, to lose 500 calories. You, did not burn it off bowling. Nice attempt though.

This was a pretty small burger to begin with and I bowled 38 frames in 65 minutes.  There was only one other person bowling with me, so the games went rapidly.  I may not have burned it all off, but I know I burned the majority of it off.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #451 on: November 29, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #452 on: November 29, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »

This was a pretty small burger to begin with and I bowled 38 frames in 65 minutes.  There was only one other person bowling with me, so the games went rapidly.  I may not have burned it all off, but I know I burned the majority of it off.

You will not be successful in your fitness efforts if you view each positive action as a reason why it's OK to indulge in a negative action.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #453 on: November 29, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »

I really need to lose weight.  I'm sure if I lost even 25-50 pounds, my back would feel better.  So, I am going to try to behave myself the rest of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.  I know I'll feel better if I can get some of this weight off.

I need to eat more vegetables and I will do so.  Maybe not every single meal, but most meals.  As far as exercise, I need to make the time to do it.

You made those comments more than a week ago.  Since then (even leaving aside Thanksgiving as a "free day" from your diet) have your eating habits changed at all?  Are you eating any vegetables?  And have you done any exercise besides bowling?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #454 on: November 29, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »

I really need to lose weight.  I'm sure if I lost even 25-50 pounds, my back would feel better.  So, I am going to try to behave myself the rest of the year except for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.  I know I'll feel better if I can get some of this weight off.

I need to eat more vegetables and I will do so.  Maybe not every single meal, but most meals.  As far as exercise, I need to make the time to do it.

You made those comments more than a week ago.  Since then (even leaving aside Thanksgiving as a "free day" from your diet) have your eating habits changed at all?  Are you eating any vegetables?  And have you done any exercise besides bowling?

"in time."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #455 on: November 29, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »

You will not be successful in your fitness efforts if you view each positive action as a reason why it's OK to indulge in a negative action.

I have no regrets about having that small cheeseburger before I bowled.  Nor should I.  It gave me the energy I need to bowl as much and as well as I did.  Plus, bowling is a legitimate work out, especially if you're not bowling in a large group.  I maybe had 75-90 seconds between frames tonight.  I probably burned more calories bowling tonight than I would have if I had taken a walk.  The one and only drawback is it is too expensive to bowl every day.  I would if I could, though.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #456 on: November 29, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »

My reaction to Bushie's all cheeseburger diet is similar to that when I hear about alcoholics drinking everyday. I like having a cheeseburger or a beer from time to time, but either one every day to the exclusion of other options sounds very unappealing and I don't get it. That said, there are other vices that would sound appealing all the time. I suppose everybody is wired differently.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #457 on: November 29, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »

I am eating more vegetables.  Mainly more green beans.  I haven't done any other exercising, but bowling is a pretty good exercise program on its own.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #458 on: November 29, 2014, 10:30:17 PM »

I have no regrets about having that small cheeseburger before I bowled.  Nor should I.  

No.

It gave me the energy I need to bowl as much and as well as I did. 

No.

Plus, bowling is a legitimate work out, especially if you're not bowling in a large group.  

No.

I probably burned more calories bowling tonight than I would have if I had taken a walk.

No.

The one and only drawback is it is too expensive to bowl every day.

Yes.

No.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #459 on: November 29, 2014, 10:31:37 PM »

No one can dismiss bowling as a meaningless activity.  It is a pretty good work out.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #460 on: November 29, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »

I am eating more vegetables.  Mainly more green beans.  I haven't done any other exercising, but bowling is a pretty good exercise program on its own.
Tell me more about your green beans. Are they fresh or canned? How do you cook/season them? I wouldn't say bowling is meaningless. It's good to do things that you enjoy and it's certainly better than watching tv for 16 hours straight. But it's not thorough exercise either.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #461 on: November 29, 2014, 10:33:44 PM »

No one can dismiss bowling as a meaningless activity.  It is a pretty good work out.

It's better than sitting on your butt watching football. But that being said, you probably wouldn't have gotten that cheeseburger if you were sitting at home watching football so it was a no net gain.

You have a BMI of 45. You have nothing to stand on when it comes to defiantly saying "this is right" and "there is nothing wrong" when it comes to fitness. No one would ever take your advice on this matter and you should follow their lead.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »

It's better than sitting on your butt watching football. But that being said, you probably wouldn't have gotten that cheeseburger if you were sitting at home watching football so it was a no net gain.

You have a BMI of 45. You have nothing to stand on when it comes to defiantly saying "this is right" and "there is nothing wrong" when it comes to fitness. No one would ever take your advice on this matter and you should follow their lead.

You wanna bet?  Braum's is only 3 miles up the road...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #463 on: November 29, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »

LMAO I love it when Bushie defends a bad decision in a scenario by stating that he'd have made that bad decision no matter what.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #464 on: November 29, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »

So you said you were going to take a "day off" of dieting on Thanksgiving because it's a "holy day" and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

What is your excuse for eating a cheeseburger on Saturday, November 29?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #465 on: November 29, 2014, 10:47:02 PM »

Great. So rather than spend money bowling, walk the 3 miles to Braums, reward your effort with a cheeseburger, and then walk the 3 miles home.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #466 on: November 29, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »

Before I go to lift at the gym I always ask myself, "did you eat the cheeseburger your body needs to perform at its best during this athletic activity?" And if the answer is no, I stop at McDonalds and order a double. Gotta fuel your body right.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #467 on: November 29, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »

No one can dismiss bowling as a meaningless activity.  It is a pretty good work out.

It's not.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #468 on: November 29, 2014, 11:16:20 PM »

As far as physical activity goes... it is one of the most meaningless.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2014, 11:23:18 PM »

As far as physical activity goes... it is one of the most meaningless.

Perhaps he can try rolling himself down the lane next time, so long as the bowling pin mechanism drops ten ("pretty small") cheeseburgers in lieu of pins each frame? I bet he'd get a perfect score then, even without bumper rails!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2014, 11:30:33 PM »

So you said you were going to take a "day off" of dieting on Thanksgiving because it's a "holy day" and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

He already explained that.  He needed bowling energy.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

Yup.  When I think energy... I think cheeseburger. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »

The one and only drawback is it is too expensive to bowl every day.  I would if I could, though.

you do have a tendency towards extreme black-and-white thinking.  you can enjoy something without making it a centerpiece of your life.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2014, 12:14:10 AM »

He's got a good 100+ pounds of bowling energy stored around his midsection.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »

Bushie I bowl in leagues, a couple times a week.   Is it better than sitting on your ass?  Yes.  Is bowling a good work out?  No
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies