Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 204823 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: December 04, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »

I just like to have a little treat in the lunch pail.  It only adds 275 calories.  More than the chocolate chip cookies I had the day before last, but it's not an exorbitant amount.  I packed about 10 or 11 baby carrots to make up for it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #776 on: December 04, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »

yeah, but why 5? why not 2?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #777 on: December 04, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »

2 would barely give me a taste.  I want to enjoy it just a bit before they're all gone.  I'm going to stick with 5.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #778 on: December 04, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »

Breaking news:  Corporate has given us Dec 24 & 26 off!!  I will have a 5-day weekend for Christmas!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #779 on: December 04, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »

How many times have you eaten at McDonalds, Braums, Whataburger, whatever.......this week?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: December 04, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »

Grumps, a grand total of zero.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #781 on: December 04, 2014, 02:15:48 PM »

That includes supper.  Last night for instance I had a bowl of turkey noodle soup and a few club crackers.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #782 on: December 04, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

A long time I didn't read Update,
But really: LMAO
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #783 on: December 04, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »

2 would barely give me a taste.  I want to enjoy it just a bit before they're all gone.  I'm going to stick with 5.

With this being said, we can all stop giving any advise. Bushie doesn't want to diet it lose weight, and is content with dying in the next 2 years.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #784 on: December 04, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »

With this being said, we can all stop giving any advise. Bushie doesn't want to diet it lose weight, and is content with dying in the next 2 years.

How can you say that when he's actually taken some steps in the right direction this week? He's eating fruits and vegetables at lunch, his main dish is healthier than Pop Tarts or fast food, and he seems to be open to substantive advice.

When we all pitch him a diet of mango rinds and kale mist, he rejects it. Given small but tangible direction, he seems to have done OK.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #785 on: December 04, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »

Have you considered chewing your food?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #786 on: December 04, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 04:49:53 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Hooray for males on internet arguing about what feminists want under the sheets.

Have you forgotten about the thread where I came out as trans? You congratulated me for it at the time, if memory serves.

Hooray for males on internet arguing about what feminists want under the sheets.

I recognize that different women want different things under different circumstances because they are different people. Others seem to take another view, thinking that sex, and indeed any facet of life remotely related to interaction with the opposite sex, must be traumatic for all women in all contexts because Women Are Very Fragile. If one of these people wants to dodge his own very problematic (and frankly, misogynistic) position and instead focus on ad hominems, that's his prerogative.

Tell you what. For every straw man you assail, I'll throw out an ad hominem (which may not even be an ad hominem, because I'm currently contenting myself with pointing out your (despicable) views rather than attacking your (grotesque) personality, but whatever). For every straw man you demur from assailing, I'll demur from throwing out an ad hominem.

Since I threw out what even I admit was an ad hominem in the above paragraph, by my count you're currently behind by about one and a half straw men, so feel free to throw out one flagrant and one mild to moderate mischaracterization of my positions and beliefs and we'll call it even.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #787 on: December 04, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »

No offense, Nathan, but being trans does not make you an authority on women and I'm pretty sure most women would agree.

There's a social aspect of being raised a girl that you didn't experience.

Oh and get this out of Update XIX.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #788 on: December 04, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »

No offense, Nathan, but being trans does not make you an authority on women and I'm pretty sure most women would agree.

There's a social aspect of being raised a girl that you didn't experience.

Oh, I know, and I wouldn't claim otherwise, I just didn't really appreciate being referred to as 'a male' without any elaboration. That's all.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If memphis wants to start a new thread on this I'm raring to go, but I understand perfectly if he'd rather not get his ass handed to him. Again.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #789 on: December 04, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »

Perhaps you should go by a name other than Nathan to make it easier for the forum to remember you are not male.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #790 on: December 04, 2014, 05:30:28 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2014, 05:33:27 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Perhaps you should go by a name other than Nathan to make it easier for the forum to remember you are not male.

I changed my display name over a year ago and I've grown attached to what it is now (which is supposed to communicate that anyway but apparently doesn't succeed). I can't change the fact that it says 'Nathan' under it. I could just ask people to address me as Madeleine, which is the name that my family and I eventually decided on, but I have low hopes for the forum as a whole remembering or abiding by it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #791 on: December 04, 2014, 05:34:36 PM »

I can't change the fact that it says 'Nathan' under it.

lol, kind of a ironic humor, you have to admit it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #792 on: December 04, 2014, 05:36:19 PM »

I can't change the fact that it says 'Nathan' under it.

lol, kind of a ironic humor, you have to admit it.

That...actually is kind of funny, yeah.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #793 on: December 04, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »

Well, I'll give Bushie some tentative praise for finally showing some dietary restraint, but obviously there is still much work to be done by him.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #794 on: December 04, 2014, 06:40:28 PM »

Its helpful that he's so repetitive.  We found a healthy lunch option he can eat every day for the rest of his life. Now we just need a healthy breakfast and dinner and he will be set.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #795 on: December 04, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »

How can you say that when he's actually taken some steps in the right direction this week? He's eating fruits and vegetables at lunch, his main dish is healthier than Pop Tarts or fast food, and he seems to be open to substantive advice.

When we all pitch him a diet of mango rinds and kale mist, he rejects it. Given small but tangible direction, he seems to have done OK.

Not sure what Andrew will say but his lunch is too many calories with the cookie buffet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #796 on: December 04, 2014, 09:26:39 PM »

Good Thursday Evening!  I had another very productive day.  Probably my most productive day in a couple weeks.  I am currently working on a project consisting of 16 drawings.  At the end of the day yesterday, I had gotten about 4 or 5 of them done.  Going into a Friday, I have 5 left.  This means I got 6 or 7 done today.  I'm really starting to pick it up quite nicely, too.

Tomorrow will also mark the completion of a 40 hour week.  It's the first such week since Week 1.  After work tomorrow, I will be making the 2 hour drive back up to Tulsa and check on my apartment.  Right now, I'm planning to move back to Tulsa once this employment contract finishes, which looks like may be around April 1.  If that happens, I will extend my apartment lease for another six months which would take me to November 30.  Now, if I get put on another contract at work, which is very possible, then I will get out of my lease in Tulsa and move into an apartment in Oklahoma City.

I checked on how to terminate the lease early and it's not easy to do.  I would still have to give 60-day's notice and be responsible for rent until someone moves in plus an extra month.  I've already paid December rent which only leaves me 5 payments left in this lease.  Even if I put in the notice this month, I would still be responsible for at least 3 payments, maybe 4.  That would still save money, but then you have to factor in hiring movers to bring all the stuff down to a storage barn in OKC which could be $1000-$1500, so it might actually cost us more to move than to extend the contract.  If I don't give a 60-day's notice by March 31, then I would automatically be responsible for at least a pro-rated rent for June.  If I extend the lease for six more months, my rent would go up $25 per month, or I could sign up for another year and keep my rent the same as what I'm paying now.

Needless to say, I've got a lot of decisions to make over the next 3 1/2 months.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #797 on: December 04, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »

Not sure what Andrew will say but his lunch is too many calories with the cookie buffet.

Perhaps I could knock it back to 3 or 4 cookies.  I don't think 2 is enough, but 5 may be overdoing it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #798 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »

Perhaps I could knock it back to 3 or 4 cookies.  I don't think 2 is enough, but 5 may be overdoing it.

Technically zero is enough. But I understand. Chew your cookies in 2-3 bites slowly and you will only need 2 at most. Hopefully 1 eventually.
Panda Express

« Reply #799 on: December 04, 2014, 10:39:37 PM »

BushOklahoma, what kind of music do you listen to?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies