Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:03:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203406 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »

Is there one person here who believes Our Dear Friend's food nonsense?  No. So please move on.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »

Bushie, I need you to stop using God as a way to make excuses. God will not micro manage your life, you need to take personal responsibility for yourself, and it's good that you recognize that you're treating your body, but saying that you'll be having Chick-Fil-a for lunch and McDonald's for dinner? No. Don't go there, saying "I need to get healthy" then saying "I'll eat at McDonald's" is an extremely contradictory thing. I know I sound like a dick right now, but the only reason I am is because many of us are concerned for you, and who knows, maybe J-Mann and others like him are part of God's plan to help you in your life and for you to be successful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUwqEcOhAcM

You need to realize that we aren't mocking you, we want you to be successful and to be able to live your dreams, but first you must listen to our advice so you can take the first steps in getting to that goal. You can lose 100 pounds, you can get a stable job, you can have a successful relationship, but you need to realize we aren't saying 'do this, do that' just because we want to. We do it because we know that's what you need to accomplish to perform to your full potential.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »

Have you had a McRib yet? I think I'll get one tomorrow. So glad they're back!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »

What I need is a new attitude on my health.  I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them.  In a few minutes, after I finish this glass of unsweetened iced tea, I am going to get me a glass of water.  That will make 4 glasses of water (counting the iced tea as water).

That's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »

Bushie, I need you to stop using God as a way to make excuses. God will not micro manage your life, you need to take personal responsibility for yourself, and it's good that you recognize that you're treating your body, but saying that you'll be having Chick-Fil-a for lunch and McDonald's for dinner? No. Don't go there, saying "I need to get healthy" then saying "I'll eat at McDonald's" is an extremely contradictory thing. I know I sound like a dick right now, but the only reason I am is because many of us are concerned for you, and who knows, maybe J-Mann and others like him are part of God's plan to help you in your life and for you to be successful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUwqEcOhAcM

You need to realize that we aren't mocking you, we want you to be successful and to be able to live your dreams, but first you must listen to our advice so you can take the first steps in getting to that goal. You can lose 100 pounds, you can get a stable job, you can have a successful relationship, but you need to realize we aren't saying 'do this, do that' just because we want to. We do it because we know that's what you need to accomplish to perform to your full potential.

I know those aren't the healthiest choices and in the statement I made are out of place.  I get off work at 1700, so it will be 1900 before I get to Tulsa.  That's too late to eat most nights, plus I would be going out to eat anyway since there isn't any food In my refrigerator in the apartment.  I'm not going to starve myself all night.  King has deemed Chick-fil-a as a healthier alternative to most burger joints.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »

What I need is a new attitude on my health. I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them.  In a few minutes, after I finish this glass of unsweetened iced tea, I am going to get me a glass of water.  That will make 4 glasses of water (counting the iced tea as water).

That's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works!!!

That's how it all works.  God will give me the strength.  I've tried my own strength, and I fall short.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »

Chick-Fil-A can be healthier. The normal fried chicken sandwich or nuggets are not healthy. But their salad and grilled chicken sandwiches are terrific. It's very simple: you have to eat fruit and vegetables. There are fruit and vegetables at fast food places. If you choose to eat them, fast food can be healthy. If you don't, it is not.

I'm still not seeing any healthy change, but I will keep telling you the truth for you to know it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »

Chick-Fil-A can be healthier. The normal fried chicken sandwich or nuggets are not healthy. But their salad and grilled chicken sandwiches are terrific. It's very simple: you have to eat fruit and vegetables. There are fruit and vegetables at fast food places. If you choose to eat them, fast food can be healthy. If you don't, it is not.

I'm still not seeing any healthy change, but I will keep telling you the truth for you to know it.

Duly noted about the grilled chicken sandwiches.  I will get that tomorrow!

As far as the not seeing healthy change - it's only been a couple of hours.  Give it some time.  Please do keep feeding me the truth.  It's one thing I definitely need!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

Bushie needs to start off with consistent walking before he gets into weights, Smash.

It isn't like I am asking him to start lifting heavy or anything like that, 10 pound dumbbells is all I am asking him to get.

Well if Bushie was able to find discipline to lose a huge amount of weight, lifting would be key because it heads off any loose skin problems.  You also just look better. A lot of people who don't lift and loose a bunch of weight look sickly. You feel better when you lift too.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »

Bushie needs to start off with consistent walking before he gets into weights, Smash.

It isn't like I am asking him to start lifting heavy or anything like that, 10 pound dumbbells is all I am asking him to get.

Well if Bushie was able to find discipline to lose a huge amount of weight, lifting would be key because it heads off any loose skin problems.  You also just look better. A lot of people who don't lift and loose a bunch of weight look sickly. You feel better when you lift too.

Let me lose some weight and have the discipline to keep it off for a time and then I will get those dumbbells from Walmart or Dick's or wherever and start trying to integrate lifting into my regimen.  For now, though, one thing at a time.  You know what happens when I get too starry-eyed at the future.  The optimism soon fades into overwhelm and even boredom and nothing happens.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »

Due to poor housekeeping of mirror and frame you can't see it but I can now fit both legs in one of my old pants. I keep one pair to remind myself what I dont want to go back to. I was fatter and didnt start until just before turning 34. Do it for yourself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »

You're looking healthy and happy, Patrick. I would love to get down that small.  Tell me, how long did it take you to get down to that weight and what exactly did you do?  I ask because you've sparked something inside of me.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2014, 09:47:26 PM »

Due to poor housekeeping of mirror and frame you can't see it but I can now fit both legs in one of my old pants. I keep one pair to remind myself what I dont want to go back to. I was fatter and didnt start until just before turning 34. Do it for yourself.

F*** yeah! Now that's something to be proud of!!

That same type of dedication is how I managed to put on 50 pounds of muscle:

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2014, 09:50:26 PM »

http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/can-you-tell-which-these-people-lost-lot-weight-an-1113
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »

Reposted. You need to address this:

An inability to admit that your refusal to change (in spite of all the sound advice and ENCOURAGEMENT from so many over the years) has COST YOUR FAMILY UNNECESSARY MONEY is cowardly.

You want us to focus on the good? I tried that with you. A lot. Didn't work. You're no better off today than you were when you started this whole saga. And it is costing your family more now than it ever has.

Maybe it's not intentional, but it's deeply rooted in, at best, ignorance. More likely, you prefer only happiness where no one calls you on your BS.

Your inability to implement the smallest of change to better yourself HURT your family today. Wake up, Jeff. Your inaction has consequences that go beyond you!

Are you getting the picture yet? Your refusal to a) actually work to build a career and study your supposed skills, b) take better care of your health and lose weight and c) learn basic life skills like cooking or shopping on your own IS HURTING OTHER PEOPLE. This is not a consequence-free existence, Jeff. And consequences could hurt more than just you.

Are you happy your history ended up in your family spending ultimately unnecessary money on you? Are you happy they're $100 poorer because of it (and don't give me the $79.99 BS ... add taxes, time and travel, and you cost them $100). A positive attitude means nothing if you ignorantly continue to sh:t on other people.

Keep it up, Jeff. Ignore how you're killing yourself. Your family will have to pay for your funeral, too (average of $10,000). How does that make you feel?

I know things must change.  What I need is a new attitude on my health.  I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them.  In a few minutes, after I finish this glass of unsweetened iced tea, I am going to get me a glass of water.  That will make 4 glasses of water (counting the iced tea as water).  That will be a good finish to what was otherwise a rotten food day.  I didn't have breakfast and I had Whataburger for lunch.  That's a big no-no, I realize.  I felt awful this afternoon and my mood wasn't exactly great, either, because I was mad at myself for ordering and eating such slop.  We had beef and noodle casserole for dinner.  I had one and a half scoops and two slices of bread with the aforementioned iced tea.  Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.  I am seriously considering going back to my no fries and no ice cream diet that I did in September.  I will still eat potatoes when they are served to me, but I will not have any French fries.  Yes, my attitude needs to change and slowly, but surely, I will change this attitude.

LMAO!!!!!  Classic Bushie. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2014, 09:52:55 PM »

You look good, as well, Jesse.  I'm serious that Patrick has sparked something inside of me.  I want to know what you both did to get down to that healthy weight and then I want to find a way to implement that into my life and my situation.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »

First 75 lbs about 4 months, plateau due to other bad habits, second 65-75 about 8 months. Been swinging within same 10lbs for nearly 2 years.

I bought food scale, tracked what I ate and exercised.  I kept a spreadsheet.  I wanted it off fast so I exercised a lot. You can go slower but have to be consistent.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 09:57:30 PM »

I'm serious that Patrick has sparked something inside of me.

oh baby
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »

You look good, as well, Jesse.  I'm serious that Patrick has sparked something inside of me.  I want to know what you both did to get down to that healthy weight and then I want to find a way to implement that into my life and my situation.

It's all about execution, Jeff. Patrick was fat. I was scrawny. We both needed to change in order to be our better selves, and we did more than plan. We DID. Talking about wanting to do something doesn't work. Doing something does.

I can't tell you how many times I was in pain lifting weights and changing my diet far beyond what I was accustomed to. But I did it. And I was better for it. So many have done this, Jeff. You can, too. You just have to DO.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »

It's all about execution, Jeff. Patrick was fat. I was scrawny. We both needed to change in order to be our better selves, and we did more than plan. We DID. Talking about wanting to do something doesn't work. Doing something does.

I can't tell you how many times I was in pain lifting weights and changing my diet far beyond what I was accustomed to. But I did it. And I was better for it. So many have done this, Jeff. You can, too. You just have to DO.

Good job Jesse. Yes, you have to as Nike abuses, just do it.  Excuses about weather and improper lighting is failure before you even start.

And LOL at King's clickhole.  I have a size XXXL shirt too Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:53 PM »

You're looking healthy and happy, Patrick. I would love to get down that small.  Tell me, how long did it take you to get down to that weight and what exactly did you do?  I ask because you've sparked something inside of me.

Thanks Jeff.  I also look tired but that is from working long hours, finding time to socialize and exercise. Point is, there time enough if you balance and focus on your priorities.  Being tired is better when it is earned.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »

Thank you guys for your encouragement this evening.  It is time to put action to my plans.  As the Bible says in the book of James - Faith without works is dead.  This is just the beginning of our discussions of this journey.  Tomorrow, I will start putting it into practice as best I can.  I will likely fall short of my goal every now and then, but the key will be to get back up and do it again.  I will take a "break" for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, but then again, I won't gorge myself either, limiting myself to one helping of each dish, and at least it will be mostly healthier options with turkey and vegetables.  The only unhealthy part will be dessert and I'll not overdo it there, either.  At least there won't be burgers, fries, and shakes at the holiday meals.  New Year's Day we always follow tradition and have black-eyed peas at dinner (except for Dad who detests them), so that's something to look forward to.

I am going to read my Bible for a little bit this evening and then go to bed at 2200 to get ready for a Friday, Day 15, and the closure of Week 3.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »

Good job Jesse. Yes, you have to as Nike abuses, just do it.  Excuses about weather and improper lighting is failure before you even start.

And LOL at King's clickhole.  I have a size XXXL shirt too Smiley

Unfortunately, I regularly wear 3X shirts.  I don't like it, either.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »

As the Bible says in the book of James - Faith without works is dead.

That pretty much flies in the face of the entire "Jesus loves me anyway so why bother trying?" attitude you've lived your entire life by.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »

Thank you guys for your encouragement this evening.  It is time to put action to my plans.  As the Bible says in the book of James - Faith without works is dead.  This is just the beginning of our discussions of this journey.  Tomorrow, I will start putting it into practice as best I can.  I will likely fall short of my goal every now and then, but the key will be to get back up and do it again.  I will take a "break" for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, but then again, I won't gorge myself either, limiting myself to one helping of each dish, and at least it will be mostly healthier options with turkey and vegetables.  The only unhealthy part will be dessert and I'll not overdo it there, either.  At least there won't be burgers, fries, and shakes at the holiday meals.  New Year's Day we always follow tradition and have black-eyed peas at dinner (except for Dad who detests them), so that's something to look forward to.

I am going to read my Bible for a little bit this evening and then go to bed at 2200 to get ready for a Friday, Day 15, and the closure of Week 3.

Holy sh[inks], yes! This! But you've got to DO, Jeff. And continue DOING. Don't stop.

A feast day on a couple of holidays isn't a big deal if you follow through on both eating well and execising every day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies