Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:33:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203468 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »

What I expressed are my beliefs.  I fully realize and appreciate other people may not hold the same beliefs.  I should have said "I cannot separate the two."  My mistake.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2014, 01:27:21 PM »

What I expressed are my beliefs.  I fully realize and appreciate other people may not hold the same beliefs.  I should have said "I cannot separate the two."  My mistake.

And please substitute "in my opinion" for your declarations of your faith's factuality.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »

Thanksgiving and Christmas are connected and cannot be separated.

In that case, what are your thoughts on non-Christians who celebrate Thanksgiving?

Or non-American Christians who don't celebrate Thanksgiving?

These types of questions would confuse the hell out of any Real American.  "They don't celebrate 4th of July outside the US?!"
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »

By the way Bushie, do you use those fat guy motor chairs that people at Wal-Mart use?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »

I do not.  I can still move around very well, so I leave those carts for those who genuinely need it.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »

Bushie what did you eat today at Chick-Fil-A and McDonald's
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2014, 09:14:40 PM »

Hey, folks, I made it back to the Tulsa apartment for the next two nights.  I just paid December rent.  I am going to look at my lease contract and see if it says how much it would cost to break the lease early.  If it is reasonable, I will talk to Dad about it Wednesday night and we can come to a decision on this apartment.  The sooner I can break this lease, the sooner I can get my own apartment in Oklahoma City closer to work and regain my independence.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »

Bushie what did you eat today at Chick-Fil-A and McDonald's

Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese, no fries

Diet Dr Pepper at both places.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »

I am going to look at my lease contract and see if it says how much it would cost to break the lease early.  If it is reasonable, I will talk to Dad about it Wednesday night and we can come to a decision on this apartment.  The sooner I can break this lease, the sooner I can get my own apartment in Oklahoma City closer to work and regain my independence.

This is what I was suggesting you look into a month ago:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=200654.msg4345301#msg4345301

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2014, 09:54:31 PM »

Hey, folks, I made it back to the Tulsa apartment for the next two nights.  I just paid December rent.  I am going to look at my lease contract and see if it says how much it would cost to break the lease early.  If it is reasonable, I will talk to Dad about it Wednesday night and we can come to a decision on this apartment.  The sooner I can break this lease, the sooner I can get my own apartment in Oklahoma City closer to work and regain my independence.

Bushie, isn't this your apartment?  Do with it what you like.  No need to "put together a game plan".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2014, 10:05:21 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

I just looked through the lease paperwork and I couldn't find anything mentioning voluntarily ending the lease early.  I know when I tried to break the lease of my Midwest City apartment in 2009 I had to pay 3 months of rent or risk my credit being forever tarnished.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:36 PM »

Why can't you live with Granny for the duration of this contract and then wait until you get a long-term job until you get a new apartment?

(1) How much of a cash cushion do you have? Your finances are f#$%ed up and you have no business living on your own unless you can say you have at least 3 months of living expenses liquid in savings. Not when you have your debt load, not when your parents are still helping you out, not when you have a way to avoid the expense of rent at least temporarily.

(2) Your quality of life will be better if you have a shorter commute. You don't have kids - screw good school districts and "safe neighborhoods" and all that crap. You'll have more time in the morning and evening to actually live your life - and less of an excuse not to actually get off your ass and go do something.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »

I just looked through the lease paperwork and I couldn't find anything mentioning voluntarily ending the lease early.  I know when I tried to break the lease of my Midwest City apartment in 2009 I had to pay 3 months of rent or risk my credit being forever tarnished.

What is the term of the lease (ie: how many months)? Did you ever investigate subleasing (ie: Google "how to sublease an apartment")?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »

Why can't you live with Granny for the duration of this contract and then wait until you get a long-term job until you get a new apartment?

(1) How much of a cash cushion do you have? Your finances are f#$%ed up and you have no business living on your own unless you can say you have at least 3 months of living expenses liquid in savings. Not when you have your debt load, not when your parents are still helping you out, not when you have a way to avoid the expense of rent at least temporarily.

(2) Your quality of life will be better if you have a shorter commute. You don't have kids - screw good school districts and "safe neighborhoods" and all that crap. You'll have more time in the morning and evening to actually live your life - and less of an excuse not to actually get off your ass and go do something.

As to the first point, I may have to live with her for six months, which is how long I have left in this lease.

From Grandma's house, I drive 31-32 miles/40-45 minutes one way to work.  I would move actually into Oklahoma City so I can make the commute much shorter.

This work contract is going very well and things are looking pretty decently for it to be extended.  My boss so far is pleased with my work, and things are pointing in that direction.  There are no guarantees, of course, but things are looking as if I may be employed well into the Spring, maybe even Summer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2014, 10:13:31 PM »

What is the term of the lease (ie: how many months)? Did you ever investigate subleasing (ie: Google "how to sublease an apartment")?

It is a 12-month lease, expiring May 31, 2015.  I have to give them notice to vacate no later than March 31, 2015.  I haven't Googled how to sublease, yet.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »

I just looked through the lease paperwork and I couldn't find anything mentioning voluntarily ending the lease early.

Why don't you actually talk to the landlord to see if there are any other options open to you on breaking the lease early?  This is what I suggested last month, and you said "I guess I could call up here next week and ask.  The offices are closed on weekends.", but you apparently never followed through.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »

I just looked through the lease paperwork and I couldn't find anything mentioning voluntarily ending the lease early.

Why don't you actually talk to the landlord to see if there are any other options open to you on breaking the lease early?  This is what I suggested last month, and you said "I guess I could call up here next week and ask.  The offices are closed on weekends.", but you apparently never followed through.

Talk to the landlord? That's hilarious. Bushie undoubtedly lives in a large complex, owned by one mega company and managed by another. There will be a leasing agent, who can tell him that they will sue him for the remained of the rent due if he does not pay up.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »

Talk to the landlord? That's hilarious. Bushie undoubtedly lives in a large complex, owned by one mega company and managed by another. There will be a leasing agent, who can tell him that they will sue him for the remained of the rent due if he does not pay up.

Leasing agent, landlord, whoever.  If the demand is high, then why wouldn't they be OK with having a tenant pay a penalty to get out of the lease early, and then putting someone else in there immediately?  They'd make more $ that way.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2014, 10:38:23 PM »

If you want to break the lease early, I'm almost certain that you are at the mercy of whoever you signed the contract with. If Bushie is contracted through sometime in 2015, that's it. He's at their mercy unless they do something to break the lease, like let the roof fall in on it or something, but I highly doubt that's the case. Anyway, wow, what wasted money.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »

Leasing agent, landlord, whoever.  If the demand is high, then why wouldn't they be OK with having a tenant pay a penalty to get out of the lease early, and then putting someone else in there immediately?  They'd make more $ that way.

I know where you live, housing is scarce (and therefore expensive) and it's easy to find new tenants. In Middle America, there is an enormous oversupply of housing (which is why it is so cheap) because people are constantly in search of greener whiter and newer pastures. It can be tough to rent a property.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »

You could find a replacement tenant. If it's hard to find one at the current rate, you could reduce the rate and pay the difference.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2014, 01:01:35 AM »

Bushie, are you still taking your multivitamin?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2014, 02:50:54 AM »

You could find a replacement tenant. If it's hard to find one at the current rate, you could reduce the rate and pay the difference.

This is obviously the smartest thing to do, but that would take effort, and so we all know the resolution. This is the guy who isn't allowed to use the stove we're talking about here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2014, 07:05:13 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 07:07:29 AM by Keystone Phil »

Guys, Our Dear Friend was in very bad traffic in Tulsa last night. When I asked how much traffic could possibly be in a city only the size of Tulsa, I was greeted with a BushOK response but also comments from two others:

"A city is a city."
"Eat your cheesesteak."

Now, upon further review, Tulsa is larger than I imagined (not that I thought it was just some tumbleweed town) but the responses from his friends are so BushOK-esque.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »

But there are no good places to eat there since all he ever goes to is McDonald's on the OK turnpike.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies