Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:25:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203424 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2014, 08:33:40 AM »

But there are no good places to eat there since all he ever goes to is McDonald's on the OK turnpike.

Bushie has the palette of a toddler.  There are other places to eat but he can't be bothered to try anything new.  Bushie, you literally said yesterday that it's time to stop planning and start doing.  Tulsa is friggin 2 hours from OKC.  But you HAD to go to McDonald's because 1900 is too late to have dinner?  In what world is 7pm unreasonable for dinner?  Bullshinks.  You fabricated an excuse to do what you wanted and not what you should be doing.  "Well, gersh dern!  Guess it's McDonald's or nothing!"  Nothing is different.  Same as always.  I understand full well that you did the grilled sandwich earlier at Chick-Fil-A, and even a burger at McDonald's might not get you over 2000 calories or whatever, but your problem is that you are ADDICTED (yes, addicted) to literally the worst food you can imagine.  McDonald's is cheap, processed trash that is horrible for you in any quantity and regardless of what else you ate that day.  Bushie, it's like when I was trying to cut back on drinking.  I would rationalize that one night I only had a few beers with the boys, and thought that victory afforded me a night where I could go to the club and get wrecked.  I didn't successfully cut back until I realized that's a cheap way of going about bettering myself.  The idea is to NOT get hammered/NOT eat things from McDonald's EVER.  This is how you make changes. 

Guys, Our Dear Friend was in very bad traffic in Tulsa last night. When I asked how much traffic could possibly be in a city only the size of Tulsa, I was greeted with a BushOK response but also comments from two others:

"A city is a city."
"Eat your cheesesteak."

Now, upon further review, Tulsa is larger than I imagined (not that I thought it was just some tumbleweed town) but the responses from his friends are so BushOK-esque.

LOL!  The Okies think because they literally only eat the slop we associate with them that the rest of the country must be the same.  People from the Delaware Valley only eat cheesesteaks, Chicagoland only eats deep dish, etc.

Phil, you should hit up a nice Japanese joint in Center City, take a food selfie, and post it to that thread.  You don't have to stand for lard asses from the plains states taking jabs at you when it comes to food.  Northeasterners eat far better than Heartlanders (the area being named, of course, for the enlarged heart that's so common around those parts) and that's not debatable.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I slept quite well up here in Tulsa last night and I'm ready to hang out at the apartment most of the day.  I will leave here about 1715 for the bowling alley and the church fellowship.  I will spend one more night at the apartment tonight and then get up and leave by 0815 in the morning and head to my home church in OKC.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

Bushie's diet, Day 1:

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »

Bushie is as competent in handling of his life as Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna was in handling Mexico.

You mean His Most Serene Highness Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. Our Dear Friend wouldn't want it any other way.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2014, 10:33:01 AM »

As the Bible says in the book of James - Faith without works is dead.

Yes, Bushie, yes! Accepting this is the first step towards salvation and acknowledging divine Truth.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

Bushie doesn't live inside a McDonalds advertisement, much as he may want to. The thing he ate looked more like this:
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 12:59:59 PM by J-Mann »

Bushie doesn't live inside a McDonalds advertisement, much as he may want to. The thing he ate looked more like this:

Maybe I'm missing an inside joke, but if he ate that ... nice work!

*for the record, for several hours, this was an image of a very good-looking woman!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »

Hold the fries on that burger, though! Diet Dr. Pepper. Now it's diet ready. Wink
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »

Bushie what did you eat today at Chick-Fil-A and McDonald's

Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese, no fries

Diet Dr Pepper at both places.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AndADietCoke
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »

LOL!  The Okies think because they literally only eat the slop we associate with them that the rest of the country must be the same.  People from the Delaware Valley only eat cheesesteaks, Chicagoland only eats deep dish, etc.

Phil, you should hit up a nice Japanese joint in Center City, take a food selfie, and post it to that thread.  You don't have to stand for lard asses from the plains states taking jabs at you when it comes to food.  Northeasterners eat far better than Heartlanders (the area being named, of course, for the enlarged heart that's so common around those parts) and that's not debatable.

Wait...the best part? That comment came from the genius that said real pizza is "horrible" but the garbage he shovels in his mouth - you know, pineapple pizza with chocolate syrup on top - is good.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2014, 12:23:27 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 12:27:15 PM by Joe Republic »

Wait...the best part? That comment came from the genius that said real pizza is "horrible" but the garbage he shovels in his mouth - you know, pineapple pizza with chocolate syrup on top - is good.

I literally just tasted vomit in the back of my throat when reading that.

Yes, BRTD.  Literally.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2014, 12:24:51 PM »

That literally happening is actually quite plausible.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2014, 12:28:56 PM »

Bushie, sitting on your ass doing nothing but eating and watching tv isn't a good start to your new lifestyle.  Is Granny doing your laundry?  Don't lie.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »

Bushie what are you eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible.  There is no need to get all up in arms about that comment.  Letting it get to you is a sign that he's owning you.

Grumps, I just had a small breakfast and will leave a little earlier than planned this evening to eat before I bowl.  I will likely eat at the bowling alley.  I never asked Grandma to do my laundry, but she probably is anyway.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2014, 12:57:27 PM »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible.  There is no need to get all up in arms about that comment.  Letting it get to you is a sign that he's owning you.

Grumps, I just had a small breakfast and will leave a little earlier than planned this evening to eat before I bowl.  I will likely eat at the bowling alley.  I never asked Grandma to do my laundry, but she probably is anyway.

Yea, because you probably just let it pile up endlessly and then when Granny gets fed up, "oh!  Grandma offered and it's so rude to say no!"

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible. 

rofl

But seriously what did/will you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible. 

rofl

But seriously what did/will you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner today?

I just had a couple bowls of cereal for breakfast.  No lunch.  I don't know about supper, yet.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2014, 01:04:48 PM »

Several bowls of cereal... lol
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »

I did not say several.  I said a couple.  Couple equals two.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »

Bushie you're missing like 3/4 of the plate!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 01:10:55 PM by J-Mann »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible.  There is no need to get all up in arms about that comment.  Letting it get to you is a sign that he's owning you.

Grumps, I just had a small breakfast and will leave a little earlier than planned this evening to eat before I bowl.  I will likely eat at the bowling alley.  I never asked Grandma to do my laundry, but she probably is anyway.

Questions:

1) Why not insist that, in order to help in a situation where the housing alone is an enormous favor, you do your own laundry, and maybe even hers? Tell her to relax, get her a glass of iced tea and pamper her a bit.

2) You do know that eating at the bowling alley isn't honoring a diet, right? The food there would be horrid. And in preemptive response to your question, "What would you have me do, starve?" No, I'd have you make time over the next nearly-six hours to hit up a grocery store and grab some good and healthy food (ie: ground turkey, whole wheat buns and fruits / veggies) to bring home and suggest that you and Granny cook a healthy meal together.

3) Why does your brother wear old-lady-who-just-had-cataract-surgery sunglasses?

Also, eat lunch, Jeff. As long as you're eating healthy, you should eat more often. The 600-pound lardos profiled on TLC often only eat once a day. They are tricking their bodies into thinking they're starving, so when they do eat (usually great quantities), their bodies retain more fat because they're thinking they're in a food-shortage situation. Science.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »

Phil is also allowed to voice his opinion that your brother's taste buds are garbage. Freedom of speech works both ways like that. Any Italian or Italian-American (I myself am half Italian) will tell you that anyone who thinks chef boyarde is comparable (let alone better) than real pizza is delusional. To people like me and Phil who have grown up around real pizza, it's not just a matter of disagreement to hold an opinion as ridiculous as your brother's, it's actively insulting to hear someone say that cheap processed garbage that some faceless corporation froze, shipped out, and is now marketing as "pizza," is better than the pizza that our ancestors have spent centuries perfecting with fresh ingredients, and hard work. (another thing you seem to be lacking in knowledge of)

So yes, please at least allow our friend Phil to be as angry as he wants, because it is not simply a "difference of opinion."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

I realize the bowling alley food would be horrid.  And, no, that question didn't come to mind.  I'm only in Tulsa one more night, maybe not even that.  I'm thinking about going home after we get through bowling at 2000.  I'm trying to think of a place that I could go that would provide at least better food than the bowling alley.  The only places I can think of are Golden Corral or Delta Cafe.  At least at either place I could get some vegetables and better cuts of meat with my food.  I'm not really wanting a burger tonight, plus I fully realize if I want to eat better, the burgers are going to have to be cut way back.

About lunch, what if I have an early supper, like 1530 or 1600?  That would give me 2 - 2 1/2 hours before I start bowling so the food won't be as heavy in my stomach.

I did a couple loads of laundry earlier this past Tuesday, and I told her I would do it again Sunday afternoon when I'm home, but I doubt she'll listen to me.

I'm not sure why my brother has those on.  Perhaps it's just a tongue-in-cheek type thing.  When I saw him last May, he wore regular men's glasses like I do.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »

Forgot you were in Tulsa. I'd still recommend ground turkey, turkey bacon and whole wheat bread for Granny's house.

Do you eat sushi?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies