Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 202610 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »

Forgot you were in Tulsa. I'd still recommend ground turkey, turkey bacon and whole wheat bread for Granny's house.

Do you eat sushi?

lol
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »

He did say he is only in Tulsa for one night so he might be looking for a good time...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

Forgot you were in Tulsa. I'd still recommend ground turkey, turkey bacon and whole wheat bread for Granny's house.

Do you eat sushi?

I don't eat sushi.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »

Do you eat sushi?

I don't eat sushi.

Is it because you think you won't like it, or because you've actually tried multiple types and don't like it?

Keep in mind, excessive processed food over long periods of time effect your taste buds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »

Do you eat sushi?

I don't eat sushi.

Is it because you think you won't like it, or because you've actually tried multiple types and don't like it?

Keep in mind, excessive processed food over long periods of time effect your taste buds.

I've tried it before, but never found it tasty or filling.  Part of the reason I don't eat Oriental food at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible.  There is no need to get all up in arms about that comment.  Letting it get to you is a sign that he's owning you.

Phil is also allowed to voice his opinion that your brother's taste buds are garbage. Freedom of speech works both ways like that. Any Italian or Italian-American (I myself am half Italian) will tell you that anyone who thinks chef boyarde is comparable (let alone better) than real pizza is delusional. To people like me and Phil who have grown up around real pizza, it's not just a matter of disagreement to hold an opinion as ridiculous as your brother's, it's actively insulting to hear someone say that cheap processed garbage that some faceless corporation froze, shipped out, and is now marketing as "pizza," is better than the pizza that our ancestors have spent centuries perfecting with fresh ingredients, and hard work. (another thing you seem to be lacking in knowledge of)

So yes, please at least allow our friend Phil to be as angry as he wants, because it is not simply a "difference of opinion."

All this debate makes me want to try real, Italian pizza just so I can have a legitimate say in the debate for or against.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chipotle-mexican-grill-tulsa-3

There you go. Get a rice bowl (no tortilla), brown rice, and don't put a bunch of cheese and sour cream on top.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »

Golden Corral is a place to go for better cuts of meat and vegetables?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »

Do you eat sushi?

I don't eat sushi.

I've tried it before, but never found it tasty or filling.  Part of the reason I don't eat Oriental food at all.

I'm going to pre-emptively have your back before the PC Police come rushing in to say "OMG YOU DON'T SAY THAT! THE O-WORD IS ONLY OK WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT RUGS!"
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2014, 02:03:38 PM »

Yep, sure is.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Healthy+Restaurant&find_loc=Tulsa%2C+OK

Bushie it's not hard to find healthy restaurants to eat at, even in Tulsa (and no, Golden Corral is not healthy; it is the opposite). You have six hours of sitting on your butt and watching TV ahead of you; you can run a simple google search.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »

Yep, sure is.

Have you ever had a real prime steak?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »

Yep, sure is.

Have you ever had a real prime steak?

Yes, I have.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »

My starting weight on this journey yesterday morning was 287 1/2.  I will weigh again Monday morning when I get to the same scales.  I am using Grandma's scales which is an actual scale such as you would see in a doctor's office.  It's not a digital scale.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2014, 02:21:54 PM »

Update XX: Using Grandma's Scales
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »

I love how Jeffie eats healthy. It's quite tragic..yet very entertaining.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »

...has anyone dared to ask how The Diet will be affected this Thursday?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »

Christian holy days are days off, Phil.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2014, 02:34:11 PM »

My starting weight on this journey yesterday morning was 287 1/2.  I will weigh again Monday morning when I get to the same scales.  I am using Grandma's scales which is an actual scale such as you would see in a doctor's office.  It's not a digital scale.

Can I make a suggestion? Instead of weighing every day like you are used to, try to make changes and stick with them for a full week, then weigh yourself, see how much progress you've made (or not), and change the routine accordingly. You stand a better chance of losing a more significant amount over a longer period of time, which could be a good mental victory for you, too. Daily, or even every other day, weight checks may give a false impression of what's working and what isn't.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2014, 02:34:58 PM »

Update XXI: Using Grandma's New Plus Size Scale (that she bought for me)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »

Week 4 of work will, of course, be a short week because of Thanksgiving.  I will have Thursday and Friday off.  This will be a fun week of holiday festivities.  It all starts tomorrow morning after I get back down to Midwest City.  Thanksgiving Sunday is tomorrow at Eastwood Baptist Church.  At 1700 tomorrow evening is our all-church Thanksgiving Dinner in lieu of our evening service.  Monday night doesn't have a whole lot to it, but Tuesday is our Thanksgiving 2014 Worship Service at Eastwood at 1830.  Wednesday night, the beginning of the weekend, I will be putting up my parents' Christmas Tree and spending the night with them.  Mom and I will get up early Thanksgiving morning and go on over to Grandma's to start fixing dinner.  Our family friend, Nita, will be coming over around mid-morning and we'll play some games (probably Skip-Bo) until dinner time which will likely be around 1300.  Dad will join us late in the morning to carve the turkey.  After dinner, we'll probably play some more games and have dessert (Pumpkin Pie and Lemon Meringue Pie) and then everybody will go home mid to late afternoon and then I will put up Grandma's Christmas Tree and get out her Christmas dishes and decorations.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »

Like Paul said, I'm not going to think about the diet on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.  Tomorrow night will be kind of tough with our all church Thanksgiving Dinner, but since it is not a holiday, I will try to spare myself too much.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

What will you have for thanksgiving dinner?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »

Bushie,

Consider getting your protein intake from more non-meat sources since the meat sources you eat are so horrific and unhealthy (bottom-of-the-barrel/cow ground beef that's probably 90% fat; chicken coated in grease, batter and salt derived from a chicken that met its grim fate in a Heartland processing facility getting ripped apart by overweight schmucks not terribly different from yourself).

Being an Ay-rab, I often simply use hummus in lieu of meat - today my lunch was fresh vegetables with hummus, and an apple. Lentils are another very versatile option.

Is your brother a Fat like you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »

I'd like to see him cut out carbs entirely and watch the weight fall off, but I know he won't do that or diet for that matter. I'm not saying diet in thanksgiving, but thinking Golden Corral is a healthy alternative just makes me lolololol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies