Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:16:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203459 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »

...has anyone dared to ask how The Diet will be affected this Thursday?

Like Paul said, I'm not going to think about the diet on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.  Tomorrow night will be kind of tough with our all church Thanksgiving Dinner, but since it is not a holiday, I will try to spare myself too much.

What did Christ eat on His birthday? Nothing. How about you follow His example as you celebrate His birth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »

Bushie,

Consider getting your protein intake from more non-meat sources since the meat sources you eat are so horrific and unhealthy (bottom-of-the-barrel/cow ground beef that's probably 90% fat; chicken coated in grease, batter and salt derived from a chicken that met its grim fate in a Heartland processing facility getting ripped apart by overweight schmucks not terribly different from yourself).

Being an Ay-rab, I often simply use hummus in lieu of meat - today my lunch was fresh vegetables with hummus, and an apple. Lentils are another very versatile option.

Is your brother a Fat like you?

I am not going vegetarian or less meat.  That one is out.

My brother just retired from 20 years in the US Navy.  No, he's not a fat.  If anything, he could probably stand to put on a bit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 03:01:29 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

What will you have for thanksgiving dinner?

Turkey, both white and dark meat
Mashed Potatoes
Stove top stuffing
Green Beans
Corn
Gravy
Dinner Rolls
Iced Tea

Pumpkin Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie
Pecan Pie

For Christmas substitute ham instead of turkey.  All the sides and desserts are the same.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »

Like Paul said, I'm not going to think about the diet on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.  Tomorrow night will be kind of tough with our all church Thanksgiving Dinner, but since it is not a holiday, I will try to spare myself too much.

What did Christ eat on His birthday? Nothing. How about you follow His example as you celebrate His birth.

Ha!  You're funny!!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »

Bushie,

Consider getting your protein intake from more non-meat sources since the meat sources you eat are so horrific and unhealthy (bottom-of-the-barrel/cow ground beef that's probably 90% fat; chicken coated in grease, batter and salt derived from a chicken that met its grim fate in a Heartland processing facility getting ripped apart by overweight schmucks not terribly different from yourself).

Being an Ay-rab, I often simply use hummus in lieu of meat - today my lunch was fresh vegetables with hummus, and an apple. Lentils are another very versatile option.

The beef is probably 30% fat prior to cooking.  Thats why restaurant burgers are always tastier than homemade.

Bushies problem is a lack of exercise and too many simple carbs.

Try this Jeff: eat all the turkey you can stomach.  Have one small scoop of anything starchy (stuffing, potatoes, corn, bread, etc).

You can even drench the turkey in gravy.  But you'll have eaten a high protein, high fat, low carb Thanksgiving dinner and no doubt will have still enjoyed it very much.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2014, 03:01:11 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 03:03:07 PM by Lief »

I'd like to see him cut out carbs entirely and watch the weight fall off, but I know he won't do that or diet for that matter. I'm not saying diet in thanksgiving, but thinking Golden Corral is a healthy alternative just makes me lolololol

I posted some links to healthy places in Tulsa; he ignored them. He really refuses to actually fundamentally change his lifestyle. He thinks by just rearranging the ratio of Braums to Golden Corral he eats that'll be enough.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »

Yet again, you say you're going to diet and then proceed to add a bunch of caveats that make it totally worthless.

Not going to cut back on meat...not going to change anything about Thanksgiving/Christmas...still no mention of any exercise of any kind...having a Quarter Pounder is perfectly fine because you skipped the fries...

...so basically you've done jack sh*t. You're not fooling anyone.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »

Like Paul said, I'm not going to think about the diet on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.  Tomorrow night will be kind of tough with our all church Thanksgiving Dinner, but since it is not a holiday, I will try to spare myself too much.

Christ had breast milk on his birthday... And Bushie is already childlike enough.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »

Bushie,

The beef is probably 30% fat prior to cooking.  Thats why restaurant burgers are always tastier than homemade.

Bushies problem is a lack of exercise and too many simple carbs.

Try this Jeff: eat all the turkey you can stomach.  Have one small scoop of anything starchy (stuffing, potatoes, corn, bread, etc).

You can even drench the turkey in gravy.  But you'll have eaten a high protein, high fat, low carb Thanksgiving dinner and no doubt will have still enjoyed it very much.

That actually sounds delicious!!  I may do that!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

I'd like to see him cut out carbs entirely and watch the weight fall off, but I know he won't do that or diet for that matter. I'm not saying diet in thanksgiving, but thinking Golden Corral is a healthy alternative just makes me lolololol

I posted some links to healthy places in Tulsa; he ignored them. He really refuses to actually change the way he eats. He thinks by just rearranging the ratio of Braums to Golden Corral he eats that'll be enough.

Yes Bushie isn't interested in dieting. He knows it and so do I. He doesn't know the first thing about eating healthy because he's lived his entire life in Oklahoma where no one knows how to eat properly and of you try to diet, people will think you're sick or a gay.

It doesn't help Bushie has the pallate of a child and only likes burgers, fries and soda.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:52 PM »

Like this place looks freaking delicious. Like better than a lot of the food I can find in NYC delicious. Why doesn't he try it for dinner tonight?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »

C'mon guys, there's nothing wrong with pigging out and enjoying yourself on holidays, especially holidays known for mega-feasts like Thanksgiving and Christmas, as long as you behave yourself the rest of the year.  It's two days out of the year you can eat like a fatso and have no regrets.  One also does not have to go vegetarian to eat healthier.  Red meat is not bad if eaten in moderation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »

Like this place looks freaking delicious. Like better than a lot of the food I can find in NYC delicious. Why doesn't he try it for dinner tonight?

That actually looks gross to me.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »

My suggestion is that you should rebalance your diet to include more protein while keeping fat about the same and cutting back on carbs.

Turkey, white meat or dark, with little or no skin (a little bit is okay...) is basically perfect food for someone trying to eat a healthier diet.

And if you drink your iced tea unsweetened and you enjoy it... KEEP DRINKING THAT.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2014, 03:14:10 PM »

Yet again, you say you're going to diet and then proceed to add a bunch of caveats that make it totally worthless.

Not going to cut back on meat...not going to change anything about Thanksgiving/Christmas...still no mention of any exercise of any kind...having a Quarter Pounder is perfectly fine because you skipped the fries...

...so basically you've done jack sh*t. You're not fooling anyone.

What I am doing that you mentioned is no different than what our very own King has recommended and "approved" in previous seasons of the Update.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »

My suggestion is that you should rebalance your diet to include more protein while keeping fat about the same and cutting back on carbs.

Turkey, white meat or dark, with little or no skin (a little bit is okay...) is basically perfect food for someone trying to eat a healthier diet.

And if you drink your iced tea unsweetened and you enjoy it... KEEP DRINKING THAT.

Once in a while, I will put a small packet of Splenda in my tea if I'm in the mood, but I do not like already sweetened tea, nor do I like real sugar in my tea.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »

C'mon guys, there's nothing wrong with pigging out and enjoying yourself on holidays, especially holidays known for mega-feasts like Thanksgiving and Christmas, as long as you behave yourself the rest of the year.  It's two days out of the year you can eat like a fatso and have no regrets.  One also does not have to go vegetarian to eat healthier.  Red meat is not bad if eaten in moderation.

Except that you don't behave yourself the rest of the year and you don't eat anything in moderation. You don't get to "cheat a little" when your entire life you've been playing on Easy Mode.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »

It's two days out of the year you can eat like a fatso and have no regrets. 

And your excuse for the other 363 days?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

It's two days out of the year you can eat like a fatso and have no regrets. 

And your excuse for the other 363 days?

No excuse.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »

This zilch really is infuriating, frustrating and so easily hateable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2014, 03:23:53 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2014, 03:23:59 PM »

My recommendation is that you can eat wherever you want as long as what you eat hasfruits and vegetables other than iceberg lettuce. Bushie hasn't picked up on the latter part of my statement.  Until he does we can send him to vegan joint and he'll walk out eating only pasta.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »

Hey Jeff, go outside and play.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »

What the hell is 'Skip Bo'?  Its name implies healthy exercise, but such a thought is silliness.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2014, 03:31:04 PM »

What the hell is 'Skip Bo'?  Its name implies healthy exercise, but such a thought is silliness.

Card game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies