Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203601 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »

Today, in honor of Bushie and the holiday season, I have eaten nothing but pie.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: November 25, 2014, 04:29:30 PM »

Bushie - how about this - lunch was 2 hardboiled eggs, salad with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, radishes, green onion and cauliflower....oil and balsamic dressing?

He'll do that but sub out everything after the word eggs with toast.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #302 on: November 25, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »

Bushie - how about this - lunch was 2 hardboiled eggs, salad with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, radishes, green onion and cauliflower....oil and balsamic dressing?

Dinner tonight - Grilled chicken thighs with lots of jamaican jerk spice, corn and salad.

Sound tempting?

Oh man, I'm having jerk chicken for dinner too! It's marinading now
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2014, 05:31:30 PM »

Could you imagine an Atlas road trip where we take Bushie out and try to get him to eat real food?  I think it'd be a big TLC hit to replace that family with a thousand kids.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »

Could you imagine an Atlas road trip where we take Bushie out and try to get him to eat real food?  I think it'd be a big TLC hit to replace that family with a thousand kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4di4_U6Ks

Wouldn't this be more fitting for Bushie? Tongue
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »

Dear lord we have moles infiltrating from The Onion AND Discovery Networks now!?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:24 PM »

So far today I've had a large Cortland apple, a small bowl of maple syrup yogurt, a tall glass of apple cider, two small slices of leftover olive-and-onion pizza, and a small bowl of spinach, carrot, and onion salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing. I'm thinking of having a peanut butter sandwich and a few glasses of water later in the afternoon, and for dinner I'll probably have a bowl or two of fish soup. And this isn't even me eating particularly well. Does any of that sound at all appealing to you, Bushie?

Jesus Christ ... you might want to see a doctor about having that massive stick up your ass removed.

KIDDING, kidding ... but seriously, Jeff won't find any of that appealing. You might as well be recommending exercise and gay sex. The key with him will be manageable changes that appeal to his tastes and are not complete lifestyle changes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »

Today was a very good day of work.  We are working our way down the list of another project.  There are three of us on this project and as of the end of the day we have 36 drawings in this current project to divide up among the three of us.  We are in the process of converting them back into Visio.  Each drawing only takes 5 minutes or so.  With three of us on the project, there is no reason that we shouldn't have them done by 1000 or 1100 in the morning.  Who knows what we'll do once that is completed.  Our boss is out all week and our assistant lead will be out tomorrow, so we will just have our main lead leading the brigade.  There are two of my contractor colleagues who are still training, which leaves the three of us on this one project.  Tomorrow could be a full day, but there is also a chance we may be released early.  It all depends if any more work has come in.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4di4_U6Ks

Wouldn't this be more fitting for Bushie? Tongue

More like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeyrqil5Hd0
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »

Today was a very good day of work.  We are working our way down the list of another project.  There are three of us on this project and as of the end of the day we have 36 drawings in this current project to divide up among the three of us.  We are in the process of converting them back into Visio.  Each drawing only takes 5 minutes or so.  With three of us on the project, there is no reason that we shouldn't have them done by 1000 or 1100 in the morning.  Who knows what we'll do once that is completed.  Our boss is out all week and our assistant lead will be out tomorrow, so we will just have our main lead leading the brigade.  There are two of my contractor colleagues who are still training, which leaves the three of us on this one project.  Tomorrow could be a full day, but there is also a chance we may be released early.  It all depends if any more work has come in.

Are you actually doing any CADD work, or are you just converting large amounts of files?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »

Are you actually doing any CADD work, or are you just converting large amounts of files?

I'm doing quite a bit of CAD work.  I've been using AutoCAD and Visio very heavily.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

Could you imagine an Atlas road trip where we take Bushie out and try to get him to eat real food?  I think it'd be a big TLC hit to replace that family with a thousand kids.

Hey, say what you will about this lady, but at least she can use a stove without assistance.

Also it says she eats 8000 calories a day. Which is like 3 times what Bushie is supposedly eating. But they look about the same weight. So...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:03 PM »

Yeah, Bushie is doing some major lying by omission regarding what he eats. Lots and lots of cheatsnacks are going unreported. But whatever. Update is in the style of William Faulkner. The narrator is clearly neither omniscient nor honest.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2014, 11:33:25 PM »

Yeah, Bushie is doing some major lying by omission regarding what he eats. Lots and lots of cheatsnacks are going unreported. But whatever. Update is in the style of William Faulkner. The narrator is clearly neither omniscient nor honest.

He actually may be reporting accurately -- his "meal plan" the other day consisted of cereal in the morning, no lunch and then a (likely) big dinner. Fat people often think eating less frequently is the answer to their weight loss problems, when it just throws their bodies into starvation mode. When they do eat, they tend to eat heavier meals and retain more fat, since their bodies don't know when the next meal will come.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #315 on: November 25, 2014, 11:50:59 PM »

I wonder if bushie would cry if someone tried to feed him a green vegetable?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2014, 05:11:11 AM »

Bushie, have you ever considered gastric bypass surgery? I heard it can work wonders, and its permanent unlike lipo.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »

Bushie, have you ever considered gastric bypass surgery? I heard it can work wonders, and its permanent unlike lipo.

He'd just keep shoving food down his gullet until his newly-formed tiny stomach exploded.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2014, 07:55:28 AM »

I will obviously pick the restaurant we take Our Dear Friend to.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »

I will obviously pick the restaurant we take Our Dear Friend to.

Please spare him from fresh, nauseating authentic Italian pizza, Phil.  And, if we must, could you be so merciful and slather the whole thing in ranch dressing?  Mama Bushie demands only the best for her little angel, and if we can't have Lunchables, Boyardee, or Ellio's let's at least make an effort. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »

It's starting to approach the lunch hour.  It looks like we'll be staying all day as we've submitted our time cards reflecting 8 hours for today.  That's good.  We're done for the morning and we'll reconvene at 1300 to get our next project that we'll work on the rest of the day.  I will take a longer lunch today since we don't have anything to do til after lunch.  I may go about 1145 instead of 1200.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »

Are your lunches paid or are you taking time off getting paid just for fun?

This is a rhetorical question BTW.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »

Follow up to King's question: what's for lunch? And will any vegetables feature?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »

Whataburger for lunch.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »

I know things must change.  What I need is a new attitude on my health.  I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies