Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:46:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203735 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »

I know things must change.  What I need is a new attitude on my health.  I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them. 

God will get to it.  I mean, he's not Superman.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »

I know things must change.  What I need is a new attitude on my health.  I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them. 

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »

Bushie, do you like tuna at all? A tuna sandwich (or baguette or filled roll or whatever) makes for a light and filling midday meal and is pretty healthy all told.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2014, 02:10:40 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 02:13:38 PM by King »

It's already been established the only two options for lunch in the world are ham sandwiches and Whataburger now, for some reason. Y'all wasting your time.

BTW, according to Google Maps, Whataburger is apparently 4 miles away from where he works. And according to Yelp, there are 62 restaurants within a 5 mile radius of his job. But again, and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS, the only two options for lunch are ham sandwiches and Whataburger.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »

I got home late last night and didn't feel like fixing anything for lunch today.  Plus, this is a de facto Friday.  I never take my lunch on Friday's.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2014, 04:07:58 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Ugh. This is sickening. At this point Bushie is about one step up from the average Flannery O'Connor character at the beginning of his or her respective story, spiritually speaking.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2014, 02:36:36 PM »

I got home late last night and didn't feel like fixing anything for lunch today.  Plus, this is a de facto Friday.  I never take my lunch on Friday's.

So, extending the commitment to your pointless routine on a "de facto Friday" is more important than your health.  But that shouldn't even matter, because there are 62 restaurants within 10 minutes of your work, and Whataburger is apparently the only option.

You are truly hopeless.   
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »

TGI De Facto Friday.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »

Ugh. This is sickening. At this point Bushie is about one step up from the average Flannery O'Connor character at the beginning of his or her respectively story, spiritually speaking.

I would say he is on par, but maybe I haven't read enough to judge it accurately.

Mary Flannery O'Connor: "Anything that comes out of the South is going to be called grotesque by the northern reader, unless it is grotesque, in which case it is going to be called realistic."

Seems relevant to Update..
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2014, 03:10:33 PM »

Guys treating himself to a restaurant meal as a reward at the end of a long work week, even if the work week is only three days long, is perfectly normal and there is NOTHING WRONG with abandoning his diet to do so.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »

Guys treating himself to a restaurant meal as a reward at the end of a long work week, even if the work week is only three days long, is perfectly normal and there is NOTHING WRONG with abandoning his diet to do so.

Agreed.  I"m picking up Channa Masala and Dal Saga on the way home to show my support.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »

You guys will love this:  my family will indulge in Braum's tonight before we put up the Christmas Tree.  RIP "Diet"...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2014, 03:25:58 PM »

You guys will love this:  my family will indulge in Braum's tonight before we put up the Christmas Tree.  RIP "Diet"...

RIP Fourth Wall
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

Too bad God hasn't given Bushie the willpower and discipline yet to say no to his parents trying to force feed him Braums. I really hope He gets around to doing it soon. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »

We'll be laughing at your funeral.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »

I love when Bushie trolls us. It's why I know he'll never lose weight.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »

How are your kids?  Have you Christmas shopped for them yet?  It's not like Kenya is 2 or 3 mail days away, you know?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »

How are your kids?  Have you Christmas shopped for them yet?  It's not like Kenya is 2 or 3 mail days away, you know?

He's lost interest in his kids. I wonder if he even sent them gifts for their birthday or letters anymore?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2014, 03:51:56 PM »

He's consciously making terrible choices. Shame of this is that at Bushie's size and diet, he could be a pretty good nose tackle.

And Al makes a good suggestion - tuna is very tasty and generally healthy. Around here we put onions and or celery in it to really give it taste. But nah, that's not happening.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »

He's consciously making terrible choices. Shame of this is that at Bushie's size and diet, he could be a pretty good nose tackle.

And Al makes a good suggestion - tuna is very tasty and generally healthy. Around here we put onions and or celery in it to really give it taste. But nah, that's not happening.

Grilled tuna steak, rare........awesome.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure Bushie doesn't eat fish. At least I don't remember him ever eating fish.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »

He's only 5'7". Too short for nose tackle.

The real loss in the NT community was Michael Brown.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »

IIRC Bushie's diet (or what he calls a diet) doesn't apply to weekends. If this is a de-facto Friday, does that mean he has a four-day weekend?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2014, 04:05:09 PM »

Ugh. This is sickening. At this point Bushie is about one step up from the average Flannery O'Connor character at the beginning of his or her respectively story, spiritually speaking.

I would say he is on par, but maybe I haven't read enough to judge it accurately.

No, you're absolutely right, I was just being charitable.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #349 on: November 26, 2014, 04:07:51 PM »

Tuna's cheap and easy to whip up, Bushie. or you can get it as Subway. Try it! And switch to Subway.

Grilled tuna steak, rare........awesome.

You bet! I had one as close to well as they would cook it about a month or so ago. Breath mints afterward, but yeah, delicious.

He's only 5'7".

Oh, damn.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies