Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:48:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203768 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: November 27, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/thanksgiving-affords-nation-rare-opportunity-to-ea,37553/
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #376 on: November 27, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »

So probably like 50,000 posts have been spent on Bushie going on a diet and people trying to motivate him to exercise, something all of us damn well know he will never do because he doesn't have nearly enough willpower and has failed like a thousand times, but I'm ignored twice when I suggest a simple procedure that would take care of the problem without Bushie having to do anything besides go in and get the surgery. Unless Bushie has already looked into it and his doctor denied it/insurance wouldn't cover it, the only thing I can think of is that he actually ENJOYS being obese.

Seriously dude, it's not a Satanist Wiccan ritual and I'm not making it up. Look it up yourself!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_bypass_surgery
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #377 on: November 27, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »

You still have to have some will to want to not be a big fat fatty with gastric bypass. Bushie's complete unwillingness to walk anywhere and change anything at all with his diet will still keep the weight on.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2014, 02:16:06 PM »

You still have to have some will to want to not be a big fat fatty with gastric bypass. Bushie's complete unwillingness to walk anywhere and change anything at all with his diet will still keep the weight on.

Wouldn't he be physiologically unable to eat as much as he does now? He might still be fat, but he'd definitely fall way below what he is now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: November 27, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »

Wouldn't he be physiologically unable to eat as much as he does now? He might still be fat, but he'd definitely fall way below what he is now.

He won't be able to eat his second dinner, but the first dinner will still be sloppy joes, poptarts, and coke.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »

did he ever find out how he could break his lease in tulsa.

i know he was focused on looking in to looking in to it a few pages ago.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »

did he ever find out how he could break his lease in tulsa.

i know he was focused on looking in to looking in to it a few pages ago.

I don't know if he ever actually did any research, but he definitely went all in on the focus part of it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »

Whatever happened to the job he applied for at Wally World?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2014, 05:13:42 PM by RIP Mechaman »

So today at Thanksgiving dinner my dad sang the song "I don't look good naked anymore" and I immediately thought of Bushie.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »

For Bushie...

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »

I had a very nice Thanksgiving Day.  Our family friend came over about 0915 and we played Skip Bo for a couple hours and then ate at 1230.  We didn't play any games this afternoon, but just sat around and visited and enjoyed each other's company.  Everyone has gone home for the evening and now I'm just enjoying my evening.  I will put up a little Christmas Tree in my room this evening and then put Grandma's up tomorrow.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2014, 06:23:40 PM »

I had a very nice Thanksgiving Day.  Our family friend came over about 0915 and we played Skip Bo for a couple hours and then ate at 1230.  We didn't play any games this afternoon, but just sat around and visited and enjoyed each other's company.  Everyone has gone home for the evening and now I'm just enjoying my evening.  I will put up a little Christmas Tree in my room this evening and then put Grandma's up tomorrow.

What are you going to do for the rest of the day?  Watch football?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: November 27, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

What are you going to do for the rest of the day?  Watch football?

I am thinking about watching a triple header of college basketball on ESPN 2.  I've got games from now until midnight.  As far as non-sports, I may put up the Christmas Tree in my room.  It's only a small three foot tree, but it will make up for the tree I was not able to put up in October due to moving back to the OKC area.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2014, 06:31:32 PM »

What did you eat?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »

I posted my menu a few pages ago, but I had turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, gravy, lime jello salad, stove top stuffing, iced tea, pumpkin pie, and vanilla ice cream.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #391 on: November 27, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »

bushie can you confirm that youve gained about 25 pounds in 2 years?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: November 27, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »

bushie can you confirm that youve gained about 25 pounds in 2 years?

Pretty close, but we're not going to talk about that tonight.  This is a holiday.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »

I ate a ridiculous amount also. It was only my dad and me this year, so I just made lunch reservations for the Thanksgiving buffet at the Holiday Inn, which was pretty darn good. I went to the gym first thing because I knew I'd be in no condition for any physical activity after eating. It has been over 4 hours now since we ate, and I'm still way too full. This must be what Bushie feels like everyday. I sure as heck don't feel like doing anything productive now. You just don't know a man until you walk drive a mile in his shoes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #394 on: November 27, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »

I ate a ridiculous amount also. It was only my dad and me this year, so I just made lunch reservations for the Thanksgiving buffet at the Holiday Inn, which was pretty darn good. I went to the gym first thing because I knew I'd be in no condition for any physical activity after eating. It has been over 4 hours now since we ate, and I'm still way too full. This must be what Bushie feels like everyday. I sure as heck don't feel like doing anything productive now. You just don't know a man until you walk drive a mile in his shoes.

BUT IT'S A HOLIDAY!!!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »

I feel so horrible right now after eating my dinner. It consisted of a homemade green bean cassarole,  with some stuffing and tofu. I ate too much, and I'm feeling so meh right now. Is this how it feels to be Jeffie? Ugh, thank the one and only lord and savior for everyone in this planet, Bob Saget, that I didn't go back for seconds.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #396 on: November 27, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »

How'd that game go, good?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2014, 07:49:02 PM »

Dallas needs Seattle to win tonight to stay in the 5th seed since Dallas beat Seattle earlier in the season.  If San Fran wins, they'll move into the playoff picture by virtue of their week 1 win against Dallas.  I still expect a 10-6 record to finish up the season.  We're 8-4 now, and we have to go to pitiful Chicago next Thursday, which I expect to come out with a win, before we come to the Linc in Week 15.  If we can't beat Philly in Dallas, I don't expect us to win in Philly.  We then have our home finale against Indianapolis, so for conservative sake, I call that a loss.  We should win that one, but you never know.  Then, we get to go to Washington who can't decide who they want under center.  I expect us to at least make it into the playoffs.  Whether we win a game is another story.  If we can make it in as a 5 seed, we will get to play the NFC South winner, a division that nobody wants to win.  This is a loss tonight, but it's definitely not the end of the Cowboy season.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »

IceSpear, I have thought about the procedure, but I guess I'm too afraid of going under the knife.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »

IceSpear, I have thought about the procedure, but I guess I'm too afraid of going under the knife.

I mean it is relatively harmless to the vast majority of people who get it done (except for those 600-1200 lbs behemoths. You get anesthesia and everything iirc.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies