Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:27:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203615 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »

IceSpear, I have thought about the procedure, but I guess I'm too afraid of going under the knife.

Does it scare you more than a heart attack?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #401 on: November 27, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »

IceSpear, I have thought about the procedure, but I guess I'm too afraid of going under the knife.

It would be well worth it in the long run. Like Flo said, you'd probably get anaesthetized anyway.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #402 on: November 27, 2014, 10:00:41 PM »

Bushie's health is so bad that at this point, even losing weight by taking up cigarette smoking would probably be a net gain for him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #403 on: November 27, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »

It would be well worth it in the long run. Like Flo said, you'd probably get anaesthetized anyway.

True.  It is definitely something I will consider, but I still want to try more natural means first.  I haven't given up on it, yet.  I will get back to it again tomorrow and try to watch what I eat and watch how much I eat.  I'm not going to promise what I'm going to do, but I am going to try to urge Grandma and Mom to sit down and plan out a menu that has appropriate portions of meat and vegetables.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2014, 10:21:02 PM »

Bushie's health is so bad that at this point, even losing weight by taking up cigarette smoking would probably be a net gain for him.
Losing weight by taking up crystal meth would probably be a net gain for him at this point.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #405 on: November 27, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »

Losing weight by taking up crystal meth would probably be a net gain for him at this point.

And it'd give him the ambition to want to cook something for the first time in his life.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2014, 10:11:54 AM »

bushie can you confirm that youve gained about 25 pounds in 2 years?

Pretty close, but we're not going to talk about that tonight.  This is a holiday.

i used to think that way when i was a drinker.

it's a holiday!  why not get drunk!  nevermind that i was an alcoholic!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #407 on: November 28, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »

Pretty close, but we're not going to talk about that tonight.  This is a holiday.

i used to think that way when i was a drinker.

it's a holiday!  why not get drunk!  nevermind that i was an alcoholic!

Mitty, yesterday was a holiday. You have NO RIGHT to question him on that. Also, Wed was a de facto Friday, today is Friday, and than we have the weekend. He doesn't need to watch what he is eating until Monday. IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR PEOPLE TO NOT WATCH WHAT THEY EAT DURING THE HOLY DAYS OF THANKSGIVING.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #408 on: November 28, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »

What some stupid family rule about it on the holiday?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #409 on: November 28, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »

True.  It is definitely something I will consider, but I still want to try more natural means first.  I haven't given up on it, yet.  I will get back to it again tomorrow and try to watch what I eat and watch how much I eat.  I'm not going to promise what I'm going to do, but I am going to try to urge Grandma and Mom to sit down and plan out a menu that has appropriate portions of meat and vegetables.

Get back to what?  You've eaten crappy lunchmeat on white bread or cheeseburgers for lunch every day since you said you asked Jesus for willpower.  You ate Chick-Fil-A AND McDonald's the day you made that statement.  

You keep wanting this to be easy, but the fact is that you have to acquire a taste for better and healthier food.  Yes, there are people that can diet easy because they are giving up the mere luxury of greasy bacons and tasty cakes.  What you eat is far beyond a luxury for you, Bushie.  It's literally your entire lifestyle.  You have to accept that losing weight is going to suck and suck hard.  

Answer me this.  Do you really, truly not fear death because you think you are going to heaven?  Seriously.  
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »

Hasn't it already been established that Bushie thinks the world is going to end in like 10 years? What kind of motivation can one have when they operate under that assumption?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »

HD, to answer your question, death does not scare me.  I know where I am going once I leave this earth.  The grass really will be greener on the other side!  That said, I do not want to die.  The Apostle Paul in Romans says to live is Christ, but to die is gain.  He said in that letter that he knows he still has work to do on earth and loves hanging around his buddies, but he also knows when he dies, he will get the last laugh.  That's an extreme paraphrase, but it's the jist of his comments there.  I know when I die, I will get the last laugh. I truly believe that I'm in good shape either way.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #412 on: November 28, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

You can't know where you're going. Nobody can. What you're describing is a living hope.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #413 on: November 28, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »

HD, to answer your question, death does not scare me.  I know where I am going once I leave this earth.  The grass really will be greener on the other side!  That said, I do not want to die.  The Apostle Paul in Romans says to live is Christ, but to die is gain.  He said in that letter that he knows he still has work to do on earth and loves hanging around his buddies, but he also knows when he dies, he will get the last laugh.  That's an extreme paraphrase, but it's the jist of his comments there.  I know when I die, I will get the last laugh. I truly believe that I'm in good shape either way.

I'll have the last laugh, because I'll still be going around enjoying life in 6 months. You'll be rotting away in a box.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: November 28, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »

The grass really will be greener on the other side!
I know when I die, I will get the last laugh. I truly believe that I'm in good shape either way.

Is that the kind of feel-good nonsense your kind of people use to keep from going out back and deep throating the barrel of a shotgun?

Fifty years at best living in a trailer home in the part of America that is such a sh!thole that it was the absolute last thing we stole from the Native Americans. And the last twenty of those years are spent as a barely mobile, hypertensive, diabetic, suffocating blob of fat that can't even go bowling without leaving its muscles throbbing in pain. No enjoyment of life whatsoever. The only reason church is so appealing is because you can sit down the entire time and there's a full spread of food to eat afterwards.

You'd better keep telling yourself the grass is greener on the other side. Because if it's not, the one life you were given to live will have been a complete and utterly pathetic waste. Luckily, if that's the case, you will have ceased to exist and will be spared the regret and self-recrimination.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #415 on: November 28, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

Is that why you are fine with your deadly habits and lifestyle?  Do you really feel as if just being alive so you can praise Jesus and go to church is enough? 

You can't know where you're going. Nobody can. What you're describing is a living hope.

See Bushie?  Even Nathan, the pious bastard he is (tis a jest, Nathan), can be reasonable about the afterlife.  Bushie, I'll use a favorite of mine from a pundit I'm a fan of.  I DO NOT know what will happen to me when I die, and neither do you, because you do not possess powers that I do not.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #416 on: November 28, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »

How about you give yourself a deadline? Say if by 2016 you don't lose a meaningful amount of weight (that way you can make it your 2015 resolution), you must go get gastric bypass.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #417 on: November 28, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »

In deference to Bushie's cogent and eloquent arguments for the Christian nature of Thanksgiving, I chose not to celebrate it yesterday out of respect for the Church, with which I am not affiliated.

Instead, I spent my day walking through the neighborhood and analyzing the fundamental reasons for the poor performance of the 49ers offense.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »

I know when I die, I will get the last laugh.

It'll be just like laughing about diabetes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2014, 07:34:22 PM »

Let me reiterate, guys, I am not scared of death, nor should I be.  Nathan, I believe one can know definitively about their own salvation.  God doesn't want us to live in fear and wonder all our lives IF we will go to heaven or not.  He gives us the ability and the grace to know that we know that we know where we will spend eternity.  God is not the author of fear.  He is the author of peace.  The hymn says "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.  O what a foretaste of glory divine.  Heir of salvation, purchase of God.  Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  That hymn tells it like it is.  That doesn't sound like fear and wonder to me, that sounds like complete assurance and absolute peace.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2014, 07:37:17 PM by King »

Jesus that BMI. I'd have to be over 350 lbs at my height to be as unhealthy as Bushie.

Bushie is technically heavier than Big Ted Washington who was 375 at 6'5" for a BMI of 44.5.

Bushie is in the Top 1% the fattest people on the planet, likely even Top .1%.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

The hymn says "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.  O what a foretaste of glory divine.  Heir of salvation, purchase of God.  Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  That hymn tells it like it is.  That doesn't sound like fear and wonder to me, that sounds like complete assurance and absolute peace.

So hymns written in the 1800s are part of Biblical canon, too?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »

He gives us the ability and the grace to know that we know that we know where we will spend eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srzeIAOJeI
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »

Not that many Americans are at a point where it's much of a concern, but there are health risks associated with being under weight as well. I wouldn't say minimal is the right word to put there. Also, I remember back when Bushie was barely morbidly obese Sad
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies