Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:32:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203432 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »

Let me reiterate, guys, I am not scared of death, nor should I be.  Nathan, I believe one can know definitively about their own salvation.  God doesn't want us to live in fear and wonder all our lives IF we will go to heaven or not.  He gives us the ability and the grace to know that we know that we know where we will spend eternity.  God is not the author of fear.  He is the author of peace.  The hymn says "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.  O what a foretaste of glory divine.  Heir of salvation, purchase of God.  Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  That hymn tells it like it is.  That doesn't sound like fear and wonder to me, that sounds like complete assurance and absolute peace.

Carrying a living hope rather than a dead certainty is not 'fear', Bushie, it's just humility.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »

Let me reiterate, guys, I am not scared of death, nor should I be.  Nathan, I believe one can know definitively about their own salvation.  God doesn't want us to live in fear and wonder all our lives IF we will go to heaven or not.  He gives us the ability and the grace to know that we know that we know where we will spend eternity.  God is not the author of fear.  He is the author of peace.  The hymn says "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.  O what a foretaste of glory divine.  Heir of salvation, purchase of God.  Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  That hymn tells it like it is.  That doesn't sound like fear and wonder to me, that sounds like complete assurance and absolute peace.

Carrying a living hope rather than a dead certainty is not 'fear', Bushie, it's just humility.

Look at this response.  Nathan, you might be irritated with how I go about being anti-religion or irreligious... but please tell me you at least "get it". 
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »

Look at this response.  Nathan, you might be irritated with how I go about being anti-religion or irreligious... but please tell me you at least "get it". 

Yeah. I do. Bushie's beliefs make strange bedfellows.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »

Let me reiterate, guys, I am not scared of death, nor should I be.  Nathan, I believe one can know definitively about their own salvation.  God doesn't want us to live in fear and wonder all our lives IF we will go to heaven or not.  He gives us the ability and the grace to know that we know that we know where we will spend eternity.  God is not the author of fear.  He is the author of peace.  The hymn says "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.  O what a foretaste of glory divine.  Heir of salvation, purchase of God.  Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  That hymn tells it like it is.  That doesn't sound like fear and wonder to me, that sounds like complete assurance and absolute peace.

A reasonable Christian (not Bushie) could justify living past 40 by spreading the Good Word to people who actually need to hear it, instead of - quite literally - preaching to the choir all the time. Of course, all Bushie spreads are his grotesque legs apart on the La-Z-Boy after eating 3,000 calories and before watching 10 hours of people beating the crap out of each other. I can't possibly figure out what use God would have in Heaven for someone who merely pays him lip service, does nothing to spread the tenets of his faith in a meaningful way, chronically sins without actually acknowledging his wrongdoings and addressing them, and spends literally all of his free time lounging around like a sloth.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #429 on: November 28, 2014, 08:32:49 PM »

Let me reiterate, guys, I am not scared of death, nor should I be.  Nathan, I believe one can know definitively about their own salvation.  God doesn't want us to live in fear and wonder all our lives IF we will go to heaven or not.  He gives us the ability and the grace to know that we know that we know where we will spend eternity.  God is not the author of fear.  He is the author of peace.  The hymn says "Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine.  O what a foretaste of glory divine.  Heir of salvation, purchase of God.  Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.  This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long."  That hymn tells it like it is.  That doesn't sound like fear and wonder to me, that sounds like complete assurance and absolute peace.

A reasonable Christian (not Bushie) could justify living past 40 by spreading the Good Word to people who actually need to hear it, instead of - quite literally - preaching to the choir all the time. Of course, all Bushie spreads are his grotesque legs apart on the La-Z-Boy after eating 3,000 calories and before watching 10 hours of people beating the crap out of each other. I can't possibly figure out what use God would have in Heaven for someone who merely pays him lip service, does nothing to spread the tenets of his faith in a meaningful way, chronically sins without actually acknowledging his wrongdoings and addressing them, and spends literally all of his free time lounging around like a sloth.

Lest you forget, he goes on mission trips to 90% Christian Kenya.  You ain't had Jesus until you had Jesus from the white. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

Are you referring to yourself and Bushie both being classified as "Christians"? 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #431 on: November 29, 2014, 04:29:41 AM »

Bushie, what ever happened to that $58 guidebook on how to pass the USPS application process?  Gathering dust already?  Or are its pages lining the floor of Blondie/J.J.'s kennel?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2014, 10:15:50 AM »

Joe, the post office application is gathering dust in my Tulsa apartment.  It didn't even make the trip down to OKC.

Today, my main project is to clean out my car.  It's supposed to be 72 degrees today, so I can't use the cold as an excuse.  It's windy, but its always windy in Oklahoma.  I will watch some football today, but it won't be my only thing to do today.  I may go bowling with a good friend of mine this evening, depending on how he feels.  I want to get that 9 taste out of my mouth!

I just weighed this morning - two days after Thanksgiving and three days after I last weighed and I came in at 287 1/2.  I haven't gained anything from the feast.  I even ate some healthy turkey in the process.  Last night, though, Mom, Dad, and I went out for Mexican food to On the Border.  I didn't gain anything from that, either, apparently.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2014, 11:10:43 AM »

Are you referring to yourself and Bushie both being classified as "Christians"? 

That, and you and I both being classified as 'people who are appalled by Bushie's bullsh**t piety'.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »

Joe, the post office application is gathering dust in my Tulsa apartment.  It didn't even make the trip down to OKC.

Today, my main project is to clean out my car.  It's supposed to be 72 degrees today, so I can't use the cold as an excuse.  It's windy, but its always windy in Oklahoma.  I will watch some football today, but it won't be my only thing to do today.  I may go bowling with a good friend of mine this evening, depending on how he feels.  I want to get that 9 taste out of my mouth!

I just weighed this morning - two days after Thanksgiving and three days after I last weighed and I came in at 287 1/2.  I haven't gained anything from the feast.  I even ate some healthy turkey in the process.  Last night, though, Mom, Dad, and I went out for Mexican food to On the Border.  I didn't gain anything from that, either, apparently.

At 45 BMI, there's pretty much no room to gain. Any higher and you won't even be able to make it to the scale for weighing as you won't be able to walk.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: November 29, 2014, 05:01:12 PM »

It is confirmed, my friend and I will go bowling at 1800 this evening.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #436 on: November 29, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »

try not to pull anything. 
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »

And who is this "friend", I didn't know you had any?  Is it someone from your church group?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

And who is this "friend", I didn't know you had any?  Is it someone from your church group?

It's good that Bushie has friends other than his parents and grandmother. 

An Update victory for sure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »

Its a friend from church.  He's on his way to the bowling alley now.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2014, 06:23:48 PM »

It's windy, but its always windy in Oklahoma.

This should be the new "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »

Bushie, do you have any friends or acquaintances who are atheist/agnostic?   
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »

Much like gays in Iran, they do not exist in Oklahoma.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »

Much like gays in Iran, they do not exist in Oklahoma.

http://youtu.be/yOwdwh5o0wA
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »

Bowling scores tonight were much better.  100, 107, and 129.  We nearly finished a fourth game, but time ran out.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #445 on: November 29, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

Bowling scores tonight were much better.  100, 107, and 129.

PPOR
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »

Bowling is Bushie's favorite exercise because the place smells like fast food and it costs money.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #447 on: November 29, 2014, 09:09:59 PM »

Bowling scores tonight were much better.  100, 107, and 129.  We nearly finished a fourth game, but time ran out.

What did you eat while there?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: November 29, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2014, 09:22:26 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

Bowling scores tonight were much better.  100, 107, and 129.  We nearly finished a fourth game, but time ran out.

I ate a cheeseburger before I bowled, which I quickly worked off by bowling 38 frames.  It was the first substantial meal I have had all day.  I'm hungry now, but I will wait till breakfast.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »

Bowling scores tonight were much better.  100, 107, and 129.  We nearly finished a fourth game, but time ran out.

I ate a cheeseburger before I bowled, which I quickly worked off by bowling 38 frames.  It was the first substantial meal I have had all day.  I'm hungry now, but I will wait till breakfast.

It takes 90 minutes of bowling, 1 frame after another, to lose 500 calories. You, did not burn it off bowling. Nice attempt though.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies