Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:04:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203423 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: December 02, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »

LOL, of course there is a soda.

My meals are usually pretty simple. For breakfast, I have a cup of special k with some sliced banana, and a cup and a half of grapes after. For a snack, I'll have some celery. Lunch is a black bean boca patty on a sandwich thin with some low fat cheddar, and carrots to go with it. Mid-day snack is either coco almonds, or some more grapes. Dinner tonight is an asian style fried rice with brown rice, with some egg whites, and FILLED with fresh veggies that I got from the store.

At no point today, did I drink any thing other than a cup of tea in the morning (no cream or sugar..not a diet thing, just hate them in my tea) and my water.

What's wrong with the pop?  You gloss over a healthy meal and focus on the pop, which has no calories on its own?  That's pretty arrogant.

What about your other meals and snacks?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #701 on: December 02, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »

My meals are usually pretty simple. For breakfast, I have a cup of special k with some sliced banana, and a cup and a half of grapes after. For a snack, I'll have some celery. Lunch is a black bean boca patty on a sandwich thin with some low fat cheddar, and carrots to go with it. Mid-day snack is either coco almonds, or some more grapes. Dinner tonight is an asian style fried rice with brown rice, with some egg whites, and FILLED with fresh veggies that I got from the store.

At no point today, did I drink any thing other than a cup of tea in the morning (no cream or sugar..not a diet thing, just hate them in my tea) and my water.

What's wrong with the pop?  You gloss over a healthy meal and focus on the pop, which has no calories on its own?  That's pretty arrogant.

For breakfast I generally have two scrambled eggs, a couple slices of bacon, and two slices of wheat toast and orange juice to drink.

For dinner tonight, I had two 3 oz. patties of chicken fried steak, green beans, and a baked potato and a Diet Dr Pepper.

I usually don't have snacks.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #702 on: December 02, 2014, 10:24:55 PM »

Just because there are no calories, doesn't make it good. It dehydrates you.. it makes you hungrier, and just adds crap to your system that you shouldn't' be having. It's pretty arrogant of you to assume that just because it is diet, that it is good for you.l
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #703 on: December 02, 2014, 10:29:44 PM »

Just because there are no calories, doesn't make it good. It dehydrates you.. it makes you hungrier, and just adds crap to your system that you shouldn't' be having. It's pretty arrogant of you to assume that just because it is diet, that it is good for you.l

What do you expect me to drink when there is no water, except for tap water, in the break room?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #704 on: December 02, 2014, 10:31:55 PM »

What do you expect me to drink when there is no water, except for tap water, in the break room?

You could bring a bottle of water with you to work. You could bring a thermos of tea.

How is there nothing but tap water? What kind of horrid sweatshop do you work at?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #705 on: December 02, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »

I'm fine with diet soda. I drink it all the time, especially diet cokes, man, I can't give those up.

Just cut out the carbs, all of them, no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar. Just do it. You'll lose weight. I rarely eat bread/potatoes or many carbs aside from a few things. It's just my normal diet now. I can't tell you the last time I had a sandwich or a bowl of pasta, although I still have pizza on occasion, and pie around the holiday season, but it's the holidays, and I'm not a fat, so I can do it sometimes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: December 02, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »

You could bring a bottle of water with you to work. You could bring a thermos of tea.

How is there nothing but tap water? What kind of horrid sweatshop do you work at?

What I need to do is get one of those 32 oz. jugs like you would get at a hospital and put water in it.  There is a water cooler, but I've never used it and never seen anybody else use it, either.  I retract my tap water only statement.  There are definitely no bottles of water in the vending machine. 

I don't think they refill the machine very often, because right now all the regular pop is gone except for cans of Pepsi and Mountain Dew.  All the bottles are diet drinks like DDP, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero.  There are a few energy drinks and a couple orange juice and apple juice bottles, but mainly diet bottles prevail.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: December 02, 2014, 10:57:40 PM »

I'm fine with diet soda. I drink it all the time, especially diet cokes, man, I can't give those up.

Just cut out the carbs, all of them, no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar. Just do it. You'll lose weight. I rarely eat bread/potatoes or many carbs aside from a few things. It's just my normal diet now. I can't tell you the last time I had a sandwich or a bowl of pasta, although I still have pizza on occasion, and pie around the holiday season, but it's the holidays, and I'm not a fat, so I can do it sometimes.

I'm not going to completely cut out the carbs.  I think I read somewhere that carbs are a good source of energy.  I definitely don't want too many carbs, but I need some carbs.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #708 on: December 02, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »

Er, isn't literally all food a good source of energy? That's what calories are.

Also you spend your entire day sitting down. You don't need extra energy.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #709 on: December 02, 2014, 11:27:07 PM »

Yeah, Bushie needs nutrients not energy. Otherwise an all-donut diet would be best.

Body fat is a great source of energy, too, Bushie. If you cut carbs, you will use more of it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #710 on: December 02, 2014, 11:28:26 PM »

What I need to do is get one of those 32 oz. jugs like you would get at a hospital and put water in it. 

Or if Nalgenes are too passé,

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #711 on: December 02, 2014, 11:33:11 PM »

You know, they do make water that is sold in individual serving bottles similar to how soda is.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #712 on: December 03, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »

For breakfast I generally have two scrambled eggs, a couple slices of bacon, and two slices of wheat toast and orange juice to drink.

For dinner tonight, I had two 3 oz. patties of chicken fried steak, green beans, and a baked potato and a Diet Dr Pepper.

I usually don't have snacks.

I've eaten worse than Jeff today ... way worse. All I had for breakfast was coffee. For lunch, I had a lamb burger with a huge plate of fries, and dinner was a lobster roll, a bit of Poki, a lobster tail, a crab cake, a few shrimp, mango cobbler and ice cream.

Given that his usual meals are fast food of some sort, I think this is great progress.

At some point, Jeff, you'll want to start cutting down on the pop (diet or not) and try to replace with water. I guarantee you'll start to feel better, more energetic and more hydrated over time if, instead of a pop for lunch, you're having 12 oz of water.

You're two days into better lunches. I'm not expecting miracles. Keep up with the changes you have made and incorporate new additions every week or two. Before you know it, healthier eating will just be a habit.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #713 on: December 03, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »

It's bad for your teeth, and because you drink caffeinated pop, it increases your risk of heart attack.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #714 on: December 03, 2014, 01:15:55 AM »

It's bad for your teeth, and because you drink caffeinated pop, it increases your risk of heart attack.

The teeth problem can be solved through drinking with a straw. I do that any time I drink soda or iced tea.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #715 on: December 03, 2014, 01:16:47 AM »

Tap water.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #716 on: December 03, 2014, 01:28:13 AM »

The teeth problem can be solved through drinking with a straw. I do that any time I drink soda or iced tea.

Please, Jeff has enough tools to consume massive amounts of calories as it is.  I'm sure he doesn't keep the straws from his Burger King visits for use the next day.

Unless those dirty bastards only provide tap water and drinking straws.  And a vending machine with Dr Pepper, or is it brought from home?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #717 on: December 03, 2014, 01:32:33 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2014, 01:35:49 AM by Lief »

Tap water.

Please Joe. It's Oklahoma. They think environmental regulation is a left-wing plot. He'd have to filter and boil it first.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #718 on: December 03, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »

Tap water.

Please Joe. It's Oklahoma. They think environmental regulation is a left-wing plot. He'd have to filter and boil it first.

Yes, to strain out the flouride.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #719 on: December 03, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »

BushOK's Basketball team lost last night and he expressed how he's upset about this. Watch for some "comfort food" to enter the picture today (or maybe it already did last night. A midnight snack that he's hiding from us?).
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #720 on: December 03, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »

You're right that soda isn't as good as water, but all along we've been advising Jeff to make changes in stages. He's swapped out his food choices for healthier options. If he's pairing it with diet soda, it's still a big step forward.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #721 on: December 03, 2014, 09:07:43 AM »

Just cut out the carbs, all of them, no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, sugar. Just do it.

That is really hard to do. I think it's better and more sustainable for Jeff to introduce healthier foods into his routine, displacing some unhealthier choices, than to ask him to make a massive change that even people who have a lot of discipline over their diets would struggle with.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #722 on: December 03, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »

BushOK's Basketball team lost last night and he expressed how he's upset about this. Watch for some "comfort food" to enter the picture today (or maybe it already did last night. A midnight snack that he's hiding from us?).
Meanwhile, the 76ers are 0-17 Tongue
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #723 on: December 03, 2014, 09:36:13 AM »

bushie, how much do you spend eating out per month?  it has to be $300-400.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #724 on: December 03, 2014, 09:49:25 AM »

300 is conservative, Walter. Left on his own, he'll have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at a fast food joint. That's about $27 a day or 800 a month.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies