Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:17:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203637 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: December 07, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »

That thread is gold. And shows how repetitive this all is. Still, I was interested to see that Jeff was set to be banned or put on mod review if he didn't lose a certain amount of weight. It must have been a motivator:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=143929.msg3364295#msg3364295
Notice I say that I need to lose weight too. I'm down from 205 to 175 since then. And it's super Inksing hard every day. You have to train your brain just as much as your body. Bushie doesn't have a clue how challenging a life can be because he has never had to work for anything.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #926 on: December 07, 2014, 01:19:59 PM »

how much do the parents bushie pay each month for him:

$700 rent?  just a guess.  maybe more or less.
at least $150 for cable.
at least $200 for him to be able to go  out to eat.
another $200 or so to 'snowball' his bills.
at least another $100 for gas and other 'necessities.

where are they getting this money?  im guessing they took out some major loans to finance his life.

Since Bushie's currently employed, he's presumably covering a decent share of that himself.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #927 on: December 07, 2014, 01:39:23 PM »

how much do the parents bushie pay each month for him:

$700 rent?  just a guess.  maybe more or less.
at least $150 for cable.
at least $200 for him to be able to go  out to eat.
another $200 or so to 'snowball' his bills.
at least another $100 for gas and other 'necessities.

where are they getting this money?  im guessing they took out some major loans to finance his life.

Since Bushie's currently employed, he's presumably covering a decent share of that himself.

i wouldnt bet on that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #928 on: December 07, 2014, 02:43:56 PM »

Don't forget Bushie's debt service. He has lots of student loans and credit cards.
stepney
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #929 on: December 07, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »

Alright, I've had enough, guys.  I'm done being treated like crap on this forum.

As you have often said. But please listen to me: I am just trying to save you money. A lot of money, actually. Thousands of dollars, Jeff. Thousands.

Er, you might be saving his parents thousands (at one remove), but you're not saving him a penny. So - why should he give a care? Why should he take your advice? 'Snot his cash.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #930 on: December 07, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »

bushie shouldve gotten the mba.  it would have been better to go in debt for that rather than cad(D)

At least half of an MBA program is networking with companies and fellow students. How well is Jeff going to do at a mixer when he refuses to drink? And we all know how the charity bowl-a-thon would end. Plus I can see him severely pissing off his cohort when they have to spend all weekend doing a group project and Jeff leaves at 9pm on the first night and then doesn't show up at all on Sunday because he had to go to church in the morning and to his neighbor's third-cousin's cosmetology school graduation party in the afternoon.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #931 on: December 07, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »

Yeah, Bushie doesn't have a fraction of the drive needed to sustain a high level business career. The problem is that people keep telling him to shoot for these crazy, implausible dreams. He needs to pursue something he has at least a chance of acheiving. I stand by my repeated pizza delivery suggestions from last season. As long as you don't steal, it's super hard to get fired from pizza delivery.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #932 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »

Yeah, Bushie doesn't have a fraction of the drive needed to sustain a high level business career. The problem is that people keep telling him to shoot for these crazy, implausible dreams. He needs to pursue something he has at least a chance of acheiving. I stand by my repeated pizza delivery suggestions from last season. As long as you don't steal, it's super hard to get fired from pizza delivery.

As part of a live-action, Update-themed reality show, Jeff and I are going to switch lives for a month.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #933 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »

Jeez, it's not like if you leave your home unattended for an extended period, a bunch of strangers break in and start having sex everywhere.  That just doesn't happen.

One of those "perfectly unbelievable but totally realistic in BushOK's world" stories.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #934 on: December 07, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »

As part of a live-action, Update-themed reality show, Jeff and I are going to switch lives for a month.

"Watch as J-Mann's credit rating plummets from a 719 to a 346!"
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #935 on: December 07, 2014, 05:03:52 PM »

"Watch as J-Mann's credit rating plummets from a 719 to a 346!"

Even worse ... it was 806 the last time I checked. So much further to fall :-(
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #936 on: December 07, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »

Jeez, it's not like if you leave your home unattended for an extended period, a bunch of strangers break in and start having sex everywhere.  That just doesn't happen.

One of those "perfectly unbelievable but totally realistic in BushOK's world" stories.

And there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with that.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #937 on: December 07, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

The Tulsa apartment burning down would actually be a blessing.

Assuming he pays rental insurance (which apartment management companies usually require), you'd certainly be right.

Hmm... are you thinking what I'm thinking?

JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #938 on: December 07, 2014, 05:34:29 PM »

bushie shouldve gotten the mba.  it would have been better to go in debt for that rather than cad(D)

Knowing Bushie, he probably wouldn't have been able to get into a real school (I doubt his record at NWOSU is that impressive, since he never answered my question about his grades/classes, and who would write him a letter of recommendation? Russ Powers?) so he'd end up going to the University of Phoenix or some other for-profit online school. After all, the worst, most expensive option is always the best in Bushlahoma.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #939 on: December 07, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »

Knowing Bushie, he probably wouldn't have been able to get into a real school (I doubt his record at NWOSU is that impressive, since he never answered my question about his grades/classes, and who would write him a letter of recommendation? Russ Powers?) so he'd end up going to the University of Phoenix or some other for-profit online school. After all, the worst, most expensive option is always the best in Bushlahoma.

Operators are standing by. What are you waiting for? Call now!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #940 on: December 07, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »

At least half of an MBA program is networking with companies and fellow students. How well is Jeff going to do at a mixer when he refuses to drink? And we all know how the charity bowl-a-thon would end. Plus I can see him severely pissing off his cohort when they have to spend all weekend doing a group project and Jeff leaves at 9pm on the first night and then doesn't show up at all on Sunday because he had to go to church in the morning and to his neighbor's third-cousin's cosmetology school graduation party in the afternoon.

Assuming Oklahoma State or whatever is somewhat similar to Mississippi State, no officially-sanctioned MBA event is going to serve alcohol. That's the South for you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #941 on: December 07, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »

University of Phoenix is too legitimate of an operation for Bushie. He'd select a "cheaper" unaccredited MBA program.

But as Indy Texas mentions, Bushie has no networking skills so he wouldn't advance anywhere from it. Plus, Masters level education at accredited institution requires you get a B to pass courses. He would flunk out, even at DeVry.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #942 on: December 07, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »

What kind of graduate program doesn't have events with alcohol? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #943 on: December 07, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »

What kind of graduate program doesn't have events with alcohol? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Alcohol isn't allowed on campus, period (state law, not necessarily MSU policy). Yes, the administration looks the other way on frat parties and football games as long as nothing too rowdy happens, but no officially-sanctioned on campus event is going to have it.

Now, if there were an off-campus mixer at a restaurant, people may order it on their own dime, but I don't remember having any of those during my MBA days. Maybe there was one during marching band practice one time (meaning I couldn't go and had a legit excuse not to)? Mostly it was on-campus lunch stuff.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #944 on: December 07, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »

Alcohol isn't allowed on campus, period (state law, not necessarily MSU policy). Yes, the administration looks the other way on frat parties and football games as long as nothing too rowdy happens, but no officially-sanctioned on campus event is going to have it.

Now, if there were an off-campus mixer at a restaurant, people may order it on their own dime, but I don't remember having any of those during my MBA days. Maybe there was one during marching band practice one time (meaning I couldn't go and had a legit excuse not to)? Mostly it was on-campus lunch stuff.

That is insane. AFAIK, alcohol is allowed on campus at all public schools in Texas and I assumed that was par for the course in all states. Most of them have at least one bar on campus, or have restaurants on campus that serve alcohol.

This is what happens when you let Southern Baptists have run of state government. HPs...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: December 07, 2014, 07:27:14 PM »

...who would write him a letter of recommendation? Russ Powers?

I'm told that if you go to the admissions office of Harvard Business School in person and tell them Big Russ sent you, they are required to offer you admission and a full scholarship on the spot, no questions asked (once they stop trembling with fear).
KCDem

« Reply #946 on: December 07, 2014, 07:33:49 PM »

Does the South enjoy seeming idiotic, stupid, and thoroughly disgusting? Seriously, burn it with fire.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #947 on: December 07, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »

There was one man brave and wise enough to burn the South with fire.

Sadly, he is long dead. Cry
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #948 on: December 07, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »

My grandmother's roots are in Georgia. According to the family story (which I have no idea whether or not is true), Sherman came through burning everything, but my ancestor (who, like most of Sherman's victims, was nowhere near rich enough to own slaves) somehow communicated to Sherman that he was a Mason, and Sherman spared his property.

Again, no idea if it's true. But family members have repeated this story my whole life.
KCDem

« Reply #949 on: December 07, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »

^The fact that he was a mason should have made him a prime candidate for burning.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies