Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:37:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 202656 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: December 18, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »

Oh God. I figured Braum's was like an Arby's. Instead, it's much, much worse. I guess the silver lining is that they didn't try to pass it off offensively by calling it "Alfredo's" or "Mama DiRosa's" or something.

It's not an Italian place. Huh

Is this a question?

The joint is called a spaghetti "warehouse," is it not? Then again, I guess I should have known that in most places in our great country, that doesn't mean Italian.
Braum's and Spaghetti Warehouse are two different chains. We have a Spaghetti Warehouse in Memphis. Sadly, we do not have a Braum's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Warehouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braum%27s
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1076 on: December 18, 2014, 07:48:12 PM »

Oh God. I figured Braum's was like an Arby's. Instead, it's much, much worse. I guess the silver lining is that they didn't try to pass it off offensively by calling it "Alfredo's" or "Mama DiRosa's" or something.

It's not an Italian place. Huh

Is this a question?

The joint is called a spaghetti "warehouse," is it not? Then again, I guess I should have known that in most places in our great country, that doesn't mean Italian.
Braum's and Spaghetti Warehouse are two different chains. We have a Spaghetti Warehouse in Memphis. Sadly, we do not have a Braum's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Warehouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braum%27s

Oh, I missed the "&" in the screenshot about Braum's being robbed. I thought it was "Braum's Spaghetti Warehouse." This makes more sense. We also had a Spaghetti Warehouse in Philly. My friends dragged me there once. So sickening.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1077 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:02 PM »

I still don't understand why a restaurant would call itself a warehouse?? Food should not be cooked and served in a warehouse! This is why the terrorists hate us.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1078 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »

I still don't understand why a restaurant would call itself a warehouse?? Food should not be cooked and served in a warehouse! This is why the terrorists hate us.

for those of us who don't want to pay those high retail spaghetti prices
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1079 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:54 PM »

Presumably for the same reason that people will pay $1,000,000 to live in a drafty loft space in a converted old warehouse. It's quirky.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1080 on: December 19, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »

Alright, I gotta admit as the Executive Producer that this season is dragging a bit. I really hope our hero returns soon.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1081 on: December 19, 2014, 03:38:05 AM »

There's a chain called  Spaghetti Warehouse? Sounds disgusting.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1082 on: December 19, 2014, 03:56:41 AM »

Presumably for the same reason that people will pay $1,000,000 to live in a drafty loft space in a converted old warehouse. It's quirky.

Apparently there is a clear red-state blue-state divide between the most common and acceptable uses for a renovated warehouse.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1083 on: December 19, 2014, 04:23:42 AM »

I thought that just the name Spaghetti Warehouse sounded hilarious for a restaurant, but then I looked it up and their main attraction is a completely random trolley that they place in the middle of the restaurant lol. This place spells Bushie all over it! It befuddles me that he hasn't gone here yet! Tongue

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1084 on: December 19, 2014, 06:22:31 AM »

I thought that just the name Spaghetti Warehouse sounded hilarious for a restaurant, but then I looked it up and their main attraction is a completely random trolley that they place in the middle of the restaurant lol. This place spells Bushie all over it! It befuddles me that he hasn't gone here yet! Tongue

When my elementary school classes would sometimes venture to downtown Houston for field trips, we were always giddy with anticipation if lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse was on the agenda.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1085 on: December 19, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »

There's a chain called  Spaghetti Warehouse? Sounds disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ryf7YkVtg
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1086 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:05 AM »

It's too exotic for Bushie. They don't even have bacon cheeseburgers.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1087 on: December 19, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »

Let's wish ODF a good weekend in Tulsa complete with the $200 monthly cable package and Braums.   PAPA needs more than his normal 60 hour week with this situation.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1088 on: December 19, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »

Let's wish ODF a good weekend in Tulsa complete with the $200 monthly cable package and Braums.   PAPA needs more than his normal 60 hour week with this situation.

I guess Bushie can hang his hat on that he and Papa together average 40 hours a week.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1089 on: December 19, 2014, 07:57:23 PM »

Does anyone think BushOK will follow in my footsteps and take a vacation day on Monday to watch the Supercoppa Italiana between Juventus and Napoli?
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #1090 on: December 19, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

Does anyone think BushOK will follow in my footsteps and take a vacation day on Monday to watch the Supercoppa Italiana between Juventus and Napoli?

he'd probably take a vacation (like he does almost every day) but likely doesn't hold interest in anything that isn't third tier NCAA football or a DVR'd baseball game from a few months ago. Also, sleep.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1091 on: December 19, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »

what kind of pre-season super cup is played in December??!?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1092 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

don't know if it's been pointed out yet, but a pun opportunity was missed by not calling this thread "Melancholy and the Infinite Sandwich."  just saying.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1093 on: December 19, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »

Napoli requested that it be moved because it was originally scheduled between our two CL playoff matches.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1094 on: December 20, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »

Bushie why did you waste gas and pay rent and pay for your outrageous cable package?  Give your poor parents a break!
rpryor03
Bahamas

« Reply #1095 on: December 20, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »

Napoli requested that it be moved because it was originally scheduled between our two CL playoff matches.

You a Napoli fan, KP?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1096 on: December 20, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »

I think you're being a little judgmental about the name. There's an Afghan place a block from my apartment called Food Factory. The lamb and chicken are both excellent, but the best part is knowing that there's naan a stone's throw away whenever I want it. The owner recognizes me and occasionally undercharges me. I feel like the name does a great job of conveying what the place is all about; they don't bother with any kind of frills, because their interest is solely in producing food.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1097 on: December 20, 2014, 11:35:17 AM »

You a Napoli fan, KP?

This is a well known Forum Fact.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1098 on: December 20, 2014, 12:34:09 PM »

How are you all going to ring in 2015 in just 11 1/2 days?  I didn't put a poll on this because the potential options are too numerous.  Are you going to be at a party? Will you watch a New Year's Eve special on TV?  Which one?  With others or by your lonesome?  Will you have the unfortunate task of working at midnight?  Will you be sleeping?  Any other plans that I'm not thinking of?

As for me, I will most likely be driving up to Tulsa after work and watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2015 with Ryan Seacrest on ABC starting at 1900 and ending at 0118 on New Year's Morning.  I will be ringing it in by myself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1099 on: December 20, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »

Let me clarify this:  11 1/2 days for the United States - 10 3/4 days roughly for our Australian and New Zealand posters.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies