Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:43:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203658 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »

How much did you pay End Times Ministries for that knowledge?

None.  It's free on their "Prophecy in the News" section.

If the End Times® really are imminent, don't you feel guilty about ignoring Irvin Baxter's urgent pleas for donations to the Another Jewish Holocaust Fund?

I don't know if Mr. Baxter will be able to match the grand scale and ruthless efficiency of Hitler's original Holocaust, no matter how much money he raises for his endeavor.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1176 on: December 23, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »

New Years is definitely a holy holiday for Bushie. It means we only have 6-9 years left before the rapture instead of 7-10.

Eh, more like 7-9.  There is one specific event I'm looking for to start the final 7 years.  That is, an interim Mideast peace deal between the Palestinians and the Israelis.  John Kerry was trying to get one done last Christmas, but came away empty in late April.  We can't cautiously tick underneath 7 years until that happens.  I think it will happen soon, although I have no idea when.  That's why I'm cautiously thinking between 7-10 years.

Yeah, no wonder he doesn't give a toss about his body or Earthly life if he's believing this BS.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1177 on: December 23, 2014, 12:50:46 AM »

New Years is definitely a holy holiday for Bushie. It means we only have 6-9 years left before the rapture instead of 7-10.

Eh, more like 7-9.  There is one specific event I'm looking for to start the final 7 years.  That is, an interim Mideast peace deal between the Palestinians and the Israelis.  John Kerry was trying to get one done last Christmas, but came away empty in late April.  We can't cautiously tick underneath 7 years until that happens.  I think it will happen soon, although I have no idea when.  That's why I'm cautiously thinking between 7-10 years.

Yeah, no wonder he doesn't give a toss about his body or Earthly life if he's believing this BS.

I assume the "he" in that sentence is John Kerry, and the BS he's believing is that he can get a Mideast peace deal?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1178 on: December 23, 2014, 06:36:50 AM »

What time will it be in OK when your children welcome in the New Year?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1179 on: December 23, 2014, 07:59:56 AM »

Funny enough, it is a holy day for Roman Catholics (but not because it's New Years). But don't tell our Protestant friends that! They wouldn't like the reason for the holy day!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1180 on: December 23, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »

Grumps, Kenya will enter at 1500 Oklahoma time.  My cousins will enter at 1700 my time.  They are in the same time zone as most of Europe which is 6 hours ahead of the east coast in the winter.  Only difference is there's no DST in Cameroon, so they will fall back to just 5 hours ahead of the east coast in our summer time.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1181 on: December 23, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »

I feel like if he's going to celebrate the New Year for each and every time zone, he should at least make it interesting. Have a drink from each zone when they hit 2015.  A shot of sake when Japan comes though. A glass of Tsingtao for China. Etc. Otherwise, it's going to get awfully dull watching tv all day long. At least when he watches football all day, there is a bit of suspense as to who will win.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1182 on: December 23, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »

I feel like if he's going to celebrate the New Year for each and every time zone, he should at least make it interesting. Have a drink from each zone when they hit 2015.  A shot of sake when Japan comes though. A glass of Tsingtao for China. Etc. Otherwise, it's going to get awfully dull watching tv all day long. At least when he watches football all day, there is a bit of suspense as to who will win.

He's got to watch to see if 2015 will in fact make it to each time zone.  With the Rapture just an estimated 7-10 years away (with a large margin of error), this is a dicey proposition.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1183 on: December 23, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »

Good grief, every time zone?  That's 39 times, and that's just using the official time zones of the world.

I don't think Bushie likely has a complete list of those that are not on the hourly offsets.  All times are Central Standard time for his convenience.
31 December
0415 - Chatham Islands
0630 - Norfolk Island
0730 - South Australia and Lord Howe Island
0830 - Northern Territory (Australia)
1130 - Myanmar and Cocos Islands
1215 - Nepal
1230 - India and Sri Lanka
1330 - Afghanistan
1430 - Iran
2130 - Newfoundland and Labrador
2230 - Venezuela
1 January
0330 - Marquesas (French Polynesia)

I won't bother with a listing of the places that's celebrate each hour on the hour from 0400 on 31 December to 0600 on 1 January.

The 0630 celebration might be a good time to take down the Xmas tree if his parents got a Norfolk pine as their tree this year.
Panda Express

« Reply #1184 on: December 23, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »

BushOklahoma, do you still think Vladimir Putin is the antichrist?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1185 on: December 23, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »

I have no idea.  He certainly is a candidate.  I can't say for sure, and nobody will know until 3 1/2 years into the final 7 years according to Matthew 24, but he definitely meets the criteria as far as I can tell.
Panda Express

« Reply #1186 on: December 23, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »

I have no idea.  He certainly is a candidate.  I can't say for sure, and nobody will know until 3 1/2 years into the final 7 years according to Matthew 24, but he definitely meets the criteria as far as I can tell.

Who is your second pick for who could be the antichrist?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1187 on: December 23, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »

Good grief, every time zone?  That's 39 times, and that's just using the official time zones of the world.

I don't think Bushie likely has a complete list of those that are not on the hourly offsets.  All times are Central Standard time for his convenience.
31 December
0415 - Chatham Islands
0630 - Norfolk Island
0730 - South Australia and Lord Howe Island
0830 - Northern Territory (Australia)
1130 - Myanmar and Cocos Islands
1215 - Nepal
1230 - India and Sri Lanka
1330 - Afghanistan
1430 - Iran
2130 - Newfoundland and Labrador
2230 - Venezuela
1 January
0330 - Marquesas (French Polynesia)

I won't bother with a listing of the places that's celebrate each hour on the hour from 0400 on 31 December to 0600 on 1 January.

The 0630 celebration might be a good time to take down the Xmas tree if his parents got a Norfolk pine as their tree this year.

I'll celebrate as many as I can, though I'll be on the road for Afghanistan (1430), Kenya (1500), and just getting there for Israel (1600) so I might miss that, too, but I'll be able to watch everything up through Abu Dhabi (1400) and from Cameroon (1700) until I go to bed which will be after California (0200).  I won't bother with Alaska, Hawaii, American Samoa, or Baker Island, as I want to be awake in time to watch the Tournament of Roses parade.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1188 on: December 23, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »

I really don't have a second pick right now.  I do believe whoever he is will come from Europe, though.  I don't know if Moscow is considered the European side of Russia, or not.  Perhaps someone could tell me.

I also have a feeling Pope Francis may play the role of the false prophet.  I could be wrong, and I certainly hope I'm wrong, but he's not exactly following Biblical protocol with the stuff he's saying.  He's itching his followers' ears and not really speaking Biblical truth.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1189 on: December 23, 2014, 08:08:17 PM »

I also have a feeling Pope Francis may play the role of the false prophet.  I could be wrong, and I certainly hope I'm wrong, but he's not exactly following Biblical protocol with the stuff he's saying.  He's itching his followers' ears and not really speaking Biblical truth.

I legitimately laughed out loud. Great work.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1190 on: December 23, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »

The last two sentences of his previous paragraph got me the same way!  Gotta love Real Americans and their knowledge of geography!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1191 on: December 23, 2014, 08:20:56 PM »

I really don't have a second pick right now.  I do believe whoever he is will come from Europe, though.  I don't know if Moscow is considered the European side of Russia, or not.  Perhaps someone could tell me.

You have NO RIGHT SAYING THAT ABOUT MY POPE, US GAYS!!!  This update is over
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1192 on: December 23, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »

Could you elaborate upon what, specifically, the Pope has said that leads you to believe that he is a false prophet? I'm also not familiar with the idiom you used. What does it mean to itch someone's ears?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1193 on: December 23, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »

Could you elaborate upon what, specifically, the Pope has said that leads you to believe that he is a false prophet? I'm also not familiar with the idiom you used. What does it mean to itch someone's ears?

He has said "Atheists who do good are redeemed" - That is false, one can only be redeemed by accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior.  Good deeds play no role in salvation.  If it did, I'd be in big trouble...

Several other things regarding Muslims have rubbed me the wrong way.

Itching people's ears means to tell them what they want to hear instead of telling them the truth.

Some of the things I like about him are that he is trying to act as much like a commoner as he can.  He refuses the processions that normally accompany the Pontiff and instead opts to take the bus, and he intermingles with the crowd.  Those things are great and makes me hold out some hope that he is not the false prophet.   Most of his teachings, though, are not aligned with the Holy Scriptures which is he is supposed to uphold and support and teach the Church.  That bothers me a great deal.  I don't know if he is the false prophet or not, but I do know the false prophet will work in conjunction with the Antichrist.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1194 on: December 23, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »

Does Bushie hate his grandma so much that he wants to leaver her all alone for New Years so he can witness Vorkuta ringing in 2015 live from his bachelor pad in Tulsa?

Also, how does one watch Kiribati's New Year's celebrations (which, presumably, are nothing extraordinary)? Does any normal TV channel in America still cover that kind of stuff? Does Bushie's cable package include Kiribati national TV?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1195 on: December 23, 2014, 08:55:23 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2014, 09:00:46 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

Does Bushie hate his grandma so much that he wants to leaver her all alone for New Years so he can witness Vorkuta ringing in 2015 live from his bachelor pad in Tulsa?

Also, how does one watch Kiribati's New Year's celebrations (which, presumably, are nothing extraordinary)? Does any normal TV channel in America still cover that kind of stuff? Does Bushie's cable package include Kiribati national TV?

She will be in bed by 1830 or 1900 regardless if I'm there or not.

My "celebration" of Kiritimati (and every other time zone until New York) will be simply watching their clock turn to midnight on the World Clock at www.timeanddate.com.  I can also see the map traverse across the world from east to west all day on New Year's Eve.

Although, I would enjoy seeing all the civilized places and see how each individual culture ring in the New Year starting with New Zealand at 0500 Oklahoma time, then going to Sydney, Guam, Tokyo, Beijing, Bangkok, India, Abu Dhabi, our troops in Afghanistan, my Kenya kids, Israel, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, London, Rio, the peach drop in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver/Albuquerque, Las Vegas, Eskimos, and Maui.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1196 on: December 23, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2014, 08:59:15 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

He has said "Atheists who do good are redeemed" - That is false, one can only be redeemed by accepting Jesus Christ as personal Savior.  Good deeds play no role in salvation.  If it did, I'd be in big trouble...

You're aware that Catholic theology and Evangelical theology use the word 'redeemed' to mean slightly different things, right? It doesn't mean quite the same thing as 'saved' in Catholic theology. Also, the fact that you don't believe good deeds play any role in salvation is likely a large part of why you are already in big trouble in the here and now, as we've been trying to get across to you for years.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd imagine many things regarding Muslims rub you the wrong way.

If Pope Francis were doing that the first people he'd be doing it to would be the Curia and the rest of the Vatican government structure. He's manifestly not doing it to them, so why assume he's doing it to the rest of us?

Not to further encourage this absolutely ridiculous suspicion of yours, but wouldn't the false prophet want to be as superficially appealing as possible?

Fortunately, the Catholic Church is not and has never been beholden to an American Evangelical interpretation of the Scriptures.

You're aware that the Bible uses 'antichrist' always and only as a generic term, right? You're probably thinking of the Beast from the Sea, who, if you're claiming to read the text literally, couldn't possibly be mistaken for an individual human by anyone with working eyes. If you don't claim to read the text of Revelation literally and instead admit that you apply some sort of interpretive framework to it, why won't you admit that for the rest of the Bible?
Panda Express

« Reply #1197 on: December 23, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

BushOklahoma, why don't you go to a club for New Year's?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1198 on: December 23, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »

I swear Bushie is like a 75 year old.  Reads a facebook "quote" and takes it at face value.

The only thing you said that was correct is that you are in trouble if good works are taken into account.  Have fun being a glutton in Tulsa on everyone else's dime and wallowing in your sin.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1199 on: December 23, 2014, 09:02:43 PM »

BushOklahoma, why don't you go to a club for New Year's?

I don't drink and I don't want to share the road with drunk drivers.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies