Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:16:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 206868 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: December 29, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

I finally have more respectable New Year's Eve plans.  24 hours ago, one of my best friends from high school invited me over to her house in Choctaw at 1730 Wednesday to ring in 2015 with her and her family.  We'll probably play some games and watch New Year's Rockin' Eve.  I won't have to spend New Year's Eve alone!!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1426 on: December 29, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »

I finally have more respectable New Year's Eve plans.  24 hours ago, one of my best friends from high school invited me over to her house in Choctaw at 1730 Wednesday to ring in 2015 with her and her family.  We'll probably play some games and watch New Year's Rockin' Eve.  I won't have to spend New Year's Eve alone!!

!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1427 on: December 29, 2014, 10:21:01 PM »

!!!

I'm not sure many people on this forum would attend with me since there will be no fermented beverages.  They have three kids, the older two are non-verbal autistic, so alcohol in the house would be a bad idea.  The parents want to set a responsible example to them.  Especially since I still have to drive 3 miles home at 0030.  I would love some wine, but I can't/don't want to stay the night there, so I'd better be a good boy and leave the wine alone!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1428 on: December 29, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »

!!!

I'm not sure many people on this forum would attend with me since there will be no fermented beverages.  They have three kids, the older two are non-verbal autistic, so alcohol in the house would be a bad idea.  The parents want to set a responsible example to them.  Especially since I still have to drive 3 miles home at 0030.  I would love some wine, but I can't/don't want to stay the night there, so I'd better be a good boy and leave the wine alone!

Will there be any hard loving on these autistics?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1429 on: December 29, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »

One glass of wine won't keep you from driving 3 miles. It would take 3-4 to get a man your size over the legal limit I bet.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1430 on: December 29, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »

3 people could easily split a bottle of champagne and not be an issue. The drowsiness from staying up late would be a bigger issue.The kids will be in bed by midnight anyway. But whatever. I don't think alcohol is very fun to be honest. It's probably the least fun intoxicant I can think of off hand.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1431 on: December 30, 2014, 07:46:02 AM »

!!!

If it wasn't over a day's drive away, I'd be there!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1432 on: December 30, 2014, 09:49:56 AM »

What a wonderful example!

Teaching kids that alcohol is about abstinence not moderation. It's what all those wine-guzzlers in the Bible would have wanted.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1433 on: December 30, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »

Autistic children and wine: not even once.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1434 on: December 30, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »

What a wonderful example!

Teaching kids that alcohol is about abstinence not moderation. It's what all those wine-guzzlers in the Bible would have wanted.

Including the wine guzzler, Jesus.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1435 on: December 30, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »

Okay, what's wrong with not drinking? Bushie does a lot wrong but abstaining from alcohol is not one of them. Particularly when such, erm, special children are in the house. Or is abstaining from drink morally reprehensible now? If so, that's news to me.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1436 on: December 30, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »

Okay, what's wrong with not drinking? Bushie does a lot wrong but abstaining from alcohol is not one of them. Particularly when such, erm, special children are in the house. Or is abstaining from drink morally reprehensible now? If so, that's news to me.
There's nothing wrong with not drinking. I hardly ever drink. But I also have enough sense to know that one glass of wine, on a special occasion no less, isn't the biggest deal in the world. The issue is not that he doesn't drink. It's that his perception of alcohol is so comically naive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1437 on: December 30, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »

I think Bushie and his culture's abstinence from moderate pleasures like alcohol and sex are why most of them overindulge in non-taboo pleasures like eating.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1438 on: December 30, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »

I think Bushie and his culture's abstinence from moderate pleasures like alcohol and sex are why most of them overindulge in non-taboo pleasures like eating.
^^^^^^^
Having been raised by evangelical parents, I've always felt this is the case with a lot of the Bushie-esque Christians.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1439 on: December 30, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »

Ditto for the Orthodox Jews. Their lives are controlled every minute of everyday. Food (and only the food that the religion allows, of course) is the only permissible indulgence. And it shows.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1440 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »

I think thats mostly because they tend to be very good bakers, actually...
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1441 on: December 30, 2014, 01:18:09 PM »

It's not bad, but Bushie is doing this out of a misguided sense of what morality is, IMO.  Bushie could probably use a night of heavy drinking to reflect and get some things off his chest.  The man is more wound up than a rubber band ball.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1442 on: December 30, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »

It's not bad, but Bushie is doing this out of a misguided sense of what morality is, IMO.  Bushie could probably use a night of heavy drinking to reflect and get some things off his chest.  The man is more wound up than a rubber band ball.

And what if he was an alcoholic? You guys leave him alone on this one- there's enough he's actually doing wrong.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1443 on: December 30, 2014, 02:46:57 PM »

Our Dear Friend needs to get an opiate prescription. It would suit his lifestyle quite nicely and it would also allow him lose some weight.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1444 on: December 30, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

Our Dear Friend needs to get an opiate prescription. It would suit his lifestyle quite nicely and it would also allow him lose some weight.

And with the help of On The Border, he might still be able to take regular dumps despite the drug use.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1445 on: December 30, 2014, 03:07:21 PM »

I don't think anyone on the forum disagrees that Bushie's health and, indeed, overall quality of life would dramatically improve if he developed a light opiate addiction.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1446 on: December 30, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »

I don't think anyone on the forum disagrees that Bushie's health and, indeed, overall quality of life would dramatically improve if he developed a light opiate addiction.
His current fiber intake is sitting at zero grams per day. The last thing he needs is to add a drug that will stop him up even further. If we're putting him on a controlled substance, make it Adderall. Granted, it would exacerbate his manic tendencies, but the weight loss and energy boost would make it very worthwhile.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1447 on: December 30, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »

And what if he was an alcoholic? You guys leave him alone on this one- there's enough he's actually doing wrong.

That would be different.  He's not.  He's not the requisite experience to even see if he does have a predisposition to overdoing it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1448 on: December 30, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »

That would be different.  He's not.  He's not the requisite experience to even see if he does have a predisposition to overdoing it.

An experience worth avoiding.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1449 on: December 30, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »

bushie, lets get back to your children.

do your refer to yourself as the kid's 'daddy' when speaking to your parents and family?  if so, how do they react?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies