Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:07:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203485 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: January 02, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »

It looks like he de-friended the hard-working executive producer of Update, Mr. Eraserhead, as well. What a disrespectful and disgusting act. Truly spitting in the face of a man who has done so much work to make the Update saga what it is today. Shameful.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1526 on: January 02, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »

I'm guessing lost job, napping constantly and eating poorly will be back on the facial books.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1527 on: January 02, 2015, 02:13:36 PM »

Maybe most of you should stop making fun of him for believing in the Lord, Jesus Christ. Just a suggestion!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1528 on: January 02, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »

Too bad Bushie can't put that IT knowledge of his to good use, go into Facebook Security Settings, and put Atlas members in a special visibility group that can't see certain statuses without having to unfriend them.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1529 on: January 02, 2015, 02:21:38 PM »

i too have been unfriended.  apparently, bushie only wants enablers.  his choice.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1530 on: January 02, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »

I have gotten the axe, as well.  J-Mann seems to have lived through the Deluge, however.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1531 on: January 02, 2015, 02:53:58 PM »

The job is done. I'm not buying his story that most of his coworkers live 30+ miles from work. That's not plausible. What really happened is that he asked for the day off because of the weather and the boss not only gave him today off but the rest of his life also. Back to the call center!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1532 on: January 02, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »

The job is done. I'm not buying his story that most of his coworkers live 30+ miles from work. That's not plausible. What really happened is that he asked for the day off because of the weather and the boss not only gave him today off but the rest of his life also. Back to the call center!

it cant be good news that his boss is giving him all of this time off.  he has been through this routine before.  r.i.p.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1533 on: January 02, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »

Memphis, stop being facetious.  Everything happened exactly how I said it.  I did not stretch anything.

As far as the axing, I have been thinking about it for a long time.  You guys are not encouragers, you are negative.  Life is too precious to have negativity hanging around your life.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1534 on: January 02, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »

Must be nice living the life of a fat loser who mooches off of his entire family, and only surrounds him or herself with people who support your every failed move. I won't say who that loser is though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1535 on: January 02, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2015, 03:05:59 PM by 2015 Bushie »

it cant be good news that his boss is giving him all of this time off.  he has been through this routine before.  r.i.p.

Nah, everybody will be going back on Monday at 0800.

The good news is the ice storm is not panning out, yet.  We have very light drizzle falling, but it is just liquid as the temperatures are around 36.  We still have all evening and tomorrow morning to get through, but so far so good.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1536 on: January 02, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »

it cant be good news that his boss is giving him all of this time off.  he has been through this routine before.  r.i.p.

maybe youll get a full 24 hour week!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1537 on: January 02, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »

Try 40 hours.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1538 on: January 02, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »

Memphis, stop being facetious.  Everything happened exactly how I said it.  I did not stretch anything.

As far as the axing, I have been thinking about it for a long time.  You guys are not encouragers, you are negative HONEST.  Life is too precious to have negativity HONESTY hanging around your life.

ftfy
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1539 on: January 02, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »

As far as the axing, I have been thinking about it for a long time.  You guys are not encouragers, you are negative.  Life is too precious to have negativity hanging around your life.

This is the same reasoning you always use on ragequits. It means the same thing.

RIP Job.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1540 on: January 02, 2015, 03:14:17 PM »

Try 40 hours.

i do try 40 hours every week.

you are the one that should try 40.  Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1541 on: January 02, 2015, 03:29:32 PM »

Yup, the job is clearly RIP at this point.

I wonder if Bushie de-friended his sister-in-law as well?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1542 on: January 02, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2015, 03:38:20 PM by Eraserhead »

Yes, I can confirm I've been unfriended despite the fact that I've not commented on and in fact have barely even looked at his page in probably months. What a shame.

Jeff, when you eventually decide to readd me, I will consider it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1543 on: January 02, 2015, 03:51:07 PM »

Perhaps there is a strong inverse corelation between how well one knows Jeff and whether or not one is allowed to be his facebook friend. Maybe all of the encouragers on fb are just the random people from high school whom we all have on our faces, for no particular reason. They encourage not out of foolishness but out of ignorance.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1544 on: January 02, 2015, 04:20:47 PM »

Perhaps there is a strong inverse corelation between how well one knows Jeff and whether or not one is allowed to be his facebook friend. Maybe all of the encouragers on fb are just the random people from high school whom we all have on our faces, for no particular reason. They encourage not out of foolishness but out of ignorance.

There's some pure foolishness on there, to be sure. I have to laugh (so as not to cry) at some of Jeff's old lady friends who blindly encourage or discourage the dumbest of things:

JEFF'S STATUS:             "I'm going to start eating healthier."
OLD LADY COMMENT:    "BOOOO no don't let them take away yer fun!"

JEFF'S STATUS:             "I'm moving for the eighth time this year."
OLD LADY COMMENT:    "GOOD LUCK praying for you yaaayyy change!"

JEFF'S STATUS:             "Just got fired."
OLD LADY COMMENT:    "They'll sure be sorry when ur running applesoft one of these days!"
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1545 on: January 02, 2015, 04:23:53 PM »

There's some pure foolishness on there, to be sure. I have to laugh (so as not to cry) at some of Jeff's old lady friends who blindly encourage or discourage the dumbest of things:

JEFF'S STATUS:             "I'm going to start eating healthier."
OLD LADY COMMENT:    "BOOOO no don't let them take away yer fun!"

JEFF'S STATUS:             "I'm moving for the eighth time this year."
OLD LADY COMMENT:    "GOOD LUCK praying for you yaaayyy change!"

JEFF'S STATUS:             "Just got fired."
OLD LADY COMMENT:    "They'll sure be sorry when ur running applesoft one of these days!"

Chill with the vitriol, J... Lest you be cast to the wolves, as well.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1546 on: January 02, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »

i bet that earlier this week bushie was whining to his boss about the prospects of wintry weather today.  his boss just told him to stay home...one less person to pay.

by the way, temps were near 40 in the okc today.  doubtful that the roads were like skating rinks.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1547 on: January 02, 2015, 05:56:21 PM »

i bet that earlier this week bushie was whining to his boss about the prospects of wintry weather today.  his boss just told him to stay home...one less person to pay.

by the way, temps were near 40 in the okc today.  doubtful that the roads were like skating rinks.

I can hear the awesome clueless convo now.

Boss: "You know what, Jeff, if you hate being here so much why don't you just not come in at all!"
Jeff: "Wow! Thanks Boss! You are the best!"
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1548 on: January 02, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »

I can hear the awesome clueless convo now.

Boss: "You know what, Jeff, if you hate being here so much why don't you just not come in at all!"
Jeff: "Wow! Thanks Boss! You are the best!"

You forgot to praise Jesus.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1549 on: January 02, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

how much did he actually practice autocad before declaring that he doesnt need to practice any more?  im guessing...very little.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies