Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:06:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203579 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »

I thought you might say that.  I may start looking tonight while I watch the game.

"May" means he won't. Common Bushie distraction tactic.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1876 on: January 12, 2015, 08:09:39 PM »

Why are we still trying to keep Bushie working, when all evidence shows that it costs Papa Bushie countless thousands of dollars?  Have a heart. Direct Bushie back to the Train Room, so Papa can retire one day. This adventure is unsustainable and it's costing an old man everything.

Huh?  I am paying for the vast majority of my bills thank you very much.
Panda Express

« Reply #1877 on: January 12, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »

Ok, so here is what we know about the cast of characters at BushOklahoma's place of work.

Boss CADD - The mysterious and powerful head of the office but rarely interacts with Bushie and never does the regular CADD work as he has got "bigger fish to fry".

Supervisor CADD - Lead drafter. Very skilled and adept at all things CADD. Second in command of the office. Is more proactive in the day to day work of the office and while he ultimately does elusive Boss CADD's bidding, he  seems to take command of the work and delegate responsibility. Ultimately, the success of the CADD team falls on the shoulder of him.

Assistant Supervisor CADD - Third in command of the CADD office and Bushie's mentor. Very harsh on Bushie, constantly railing on him for his mistakes. Not a nice person but deept down, he cares about the well-being of his protegee. (According to Bushie)

Bushie - Main character of Update and technically fourth in command of the CADD office (According to Bushie). Has been at the office longer than the rest of his team of 9.

Coworker #1 - Not much is known except this person has worked at the office less than Bushie

Coworker #2 - Not much is known except this person has worked at the office less than Bushie

Coworker #3 - Not much is known except this person has worked at the office less than Bushie

Coworker #4 - Not much is known except this person has worked at the office less than Bushie

Coworker #5 - Not much is known except this person has worked at the office less than Bushie

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1878 on: January 12, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »

I look forward to discovering more about this season's cast.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1879 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »

Why are we still trying to keep Bushie working, when all evidence shows that it costs Papa Bushie countless thousands of dollars?  Have a heart. Direct Bushie back to the Train Room, so Papa can retire one day. This adventure is unsustainable and it's costing an old man everything.

In quantity or dollar terms?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1880 on: January 12, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »

Trying to give you the semblence of independence is incredibly expensive. Your father would save enormous quantities of money by keeping you at home and no longer having to pay for your lifestyle.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1881 on: January 12, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »

Bushie how is the exercise coming?  By a set of dumbbells yet?  Try to do any push-ups?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1882 on: January 13, 2015, 07:25:10 AM »

Trying to give you the semblence of independence is incredibly expensive. Your father would save enormous quantities of money by keeping you at home and no longer having to pay for your lifestyle.

Memphis, why are you continually insulting me and spouting things that aren't true?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1883 on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »

Memphis, why are you continually insulting me and spouting things that aren't true?

What did memphis do that at least 10 other Updaters don't?  Your singling out of our irreligious friends is becoming disturbing.  Is Church being particularly harsh on non-believers at the moment? 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1884 on: January 13, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »

There's some of that great ability to take criticism Bushie was talking about.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1885 on: January 13, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »

I sincerely believe Our Dear Friend is close to being fired which is why he's couching his posts with language that would lead us to believe there's just a little trouble, then the hammer comes down.  We've seen this in past jobs.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1886 on: January 13, 2015, 10:57:34 AM »

I sincerely believe Our Dear Friend is close to being fired which is why he's couching his posts with language that would lead us to believe there's just a little trouble, then the hammer comes down.  We've seen this in past jobs.

It started with the "new attitude" Facebook purge.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1887 on: January 13, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »

What did memphis do that at least 10 other Updaters don't?  Your singling out of our irreligious friends is becoming disturbing.  Is Church being particularly harsh on non-believers at the moment? 
What I did differently was suggest a plan that put the well being of Papa Bushie over Jeff's self esteem. Papa is not getting any younger. It's time we stop encouraging Jeff to take on jobs that cost Papa thousands. Jeff needs to stop working so Papa can retire one day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1888 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »

It started with the "new attitude" Facebook purge.

Well when he gets the axe, he'll lie to his FB friends, so purging us is always a prelude.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1889 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »

memphis might not be diplomatic but his binary thinking is pretty spot on.

Cost of Our Dear Friend to live in the train room - minimal and he can actually truly pay down his debts without ever dipping into PAPA's checking.

Cost of Our Dear Friend's situation now - Tulsa Monthly Rent, Whopping Cable Package, PAPA had to furnish the Tulsa apt, help paying debts, associated cost to Granny of ODF living there including a new chair.  Net result equals a huge purge from Papa's checking and his debts barely being touched.

Yeah, memphis right.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1890 on: January 13, 2015, 11:45:59 AM »

What nobody realizes is I am bringing home a fat paycheck every two weeks, so I'm paying for 90% of my bills.  I've said that several times before, but why cant anyone see that?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1891 on: January 13, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »

What nobody realizes is I am bringing home a fat paycheck every two weeks, so I'm paying for 90% of my bills.  I've said that several times before, but why cant anyone see that?

We could: show us the bank statements (but please censor all of your sensitive information before posting this time, plz).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1892 on: January 13, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »

Fat paycheck? What was your take home from the last couple of weeks after taxes? $200?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1893 on: January 13, 2015, 12:39:43 PM »

Bushie must be raking in the dough with all those full 24-hour work weeks.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1894 on: January 13, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »

Jeff, that's not possible given the number of hours you've worked.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1895 on: January 13, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »

Bushie must be raking in the dough with all those full 24-hour work weeks.

And considering he averages about 7 weeks of employment a year, it really brings new meaning to 24/7.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1896 on: January 13, 2015, 12:55:40 PM »

I just wish he'd look at hard core numbers without thinking it's a personal/personality attack.  His facts need attacked for sure, because they don't add up, but we're just trying to be "binary" here......
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1897 on: January 13, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »

King, I have gotten north of $700 each paycheck after taxes.  That's only because of the holidays.  I normally get $900-$1000 after taxes.

Grumps, I work nearly everyday.  You cannot fault me for the holidays.  Without holidays, which is most weeks, I work 40 hours.  I get paid $15 an hour, so I get a pretty decent paycheck every two weeks.  So, I have enough to pay 90% of my bills making Memphis's statement factually inaccurate and insulting.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1898 on: January 13, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »

King, I have gotten north of $700 each paycheck after taxes.  That's only because of the holidays.  I normally get $900-$1000 after taxes.

Grumps, I work nearly everyday.  You cannot fault me for the holidays.  Without holidays, which is most weeks, I work 40 hours.  I get paid $15 an hour, so I get a pretty decent paycheck every two weeks.  So, I have enough to pay 90% of my bills making Memphis's statement factually inaccurate and insulting.

I'm not faulting, just counting.

At the $950 paycheck
-$500 Tulsa rent
-$175 Cable
-$150 Gas (maybe conservative)

That's $825 not counting utilities, mandatory credit card payments, loan payments, food, day to day necessities, etc.

You're in the hole BIG time.  At the $700 paycheck scale it's downright scary the bleeding from Papa's account.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1899 on: January 13, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2015, 02:40:11 PM by King »

He gets free food from Grandma he doesn't count, too.

And if the paychecks were really that fat, he'd have paid off that computer on his Best Buy card by now.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies