Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:40:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203831 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »

As we must with all Update seasons, we turn to our hero, Russ Powers of Oklahoma who doesn't let a few inches of snow bother him.  He simply conquers it and takes what he wants.

Go Russ.

I hear that he puts a foot on each one and rides across the mountain like it's a damn jet ski.   One snowmobile could never contain Russ, anyway. 

Often times with 2 or 3 of his female CAD(D) students riding his back too.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 01:11:19 PM »

Phil, relax, my brother is just voicing his opinion.  He is allowed to say that Italian pizza is horrible.  There is no need to get all up in arms about that comment.  Letting it get to you is a sign that he's owning you.

Phil is also allowed to voice his opinion that your brother's taste buds are garbage. Freedom of speech works both ways like that. Any Italian or Italian-American (I myself am half Italian) will tell you that anyone who thinks chef boyarde is comparable (let alone better) than real pizza is delusional. To people like me and Phil who have grown up around real pizza, it's not just a matter of disagreement to hold an opinion as ridiculous as your brother's, it's actively insulting to hear someone say that cheap processed garbage that some faceless corporation froze, shipped out, and is now marketing as "pizza," is better than the pizza that our ancestors have spent centuries perfecting with fresh ingredients, and hard work. (another thing you seem to be lacking in knowledge of)

So yes, please at least allow our friend Phil to be as angry as he wants, because it is not simply a "difference of opinion."
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:52:39 AM »

Yes. Certain relatives of mine did this for years. I think they're disgusting. Stove top stuffing and not in-bird? An insult to both America and Jesus.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2014, 10:55:56 AM by MattVT »

Eh, while bowling is a pathetic excuse for "exercise" (lol) it is not a bad idea for Jeff if he'll actually do it alongside eating better and walking. (Certainly better than just rotting away, watching Northwestern North Dakota State vs. Tulane) But then again, bowling can be pricey, so there's that consideration as well.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 07:50:49 AM »

Yes. Certain relatives of mine did this for years. I think they're disgusting. Stove top stuffing and not in-bird? An insult to both America and Jesus.

Okay, enough. (1) Some of us don't have time to make stuffing by hand. (2) Cooking it in the bird is a recipe for food poisoning.

The Family Texas is having barbequed pulled pork for Thanksgiving dinner. The stuffing will not have been inside the animal in question at any point.

Agreed. Encouraging Jeff to eat better is one thing, and there are ways to do that with regard to both cost and time. Acting disgusted because his family doesn't have the culinary genius of Alton Brown is ... over the top.

Alton Brown? Lolno. All we do is buy this stuff called Bell's, I'm not sure if you midland folks have this in stores. You just mix it with a little water, celery, and onion, and stuff it in. Wink So simple even Bushie could do it with a little assistance!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »

Could you imagine an Atlas road trip where we take Bushie out and try to get him to eat real food?  I think it'd be a big TLC hit to replace that family with a thousand kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4di4_U6Ks

Wouldn't this be more fitting for Bushie? Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

I just got back from Walmart and got everything you suggested and will fix that for my lunch tomorrow.  I'm glad to know that mustard is good.  I've never liked mayo because of taste and I feel it is less healthy than mustard.  IIRC, and correct me if I'm wrong, the only thing mustard has that's more unhealthy than mayo is more sodium.  Mustard has no calories and very little fat and therefore doesn't add much to the sandwich or whatever its put on except a little sodium.  Like I said, please tell me if that's not true and tell me what the correct figures are.

?!?!?!

Am I missing something? This seems like some kind of exercise in false outrage.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »

Eh, I mean if it actually only is a few (i.e. 3 or 4) then it's better for him to have those with his wrap and veggies then to go back to a ham sandwich on white bread, with or without the cookies. Though Bushie, if you want a nice sweet flavor instead of the cookies, why not put a bit (i.e. MEASURE OUT 1 SERVING) of peanut butter on your banana? That way you get to satisfy your sweet tooth, and get way more protein than in chips ahoy. About the same amount of calories per serving as chips ahoy, and way more filling and satisfying. 
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »

I know I shouldn't be giving him any ideas but look at this American "masterpiece": http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-pizza-hut-doritos-crust-pizza-20141205-story.html

Something so appropriate for BushOK's tastebuds! And remember: this is something his family would consider "good" pizza! Mmmmmmm!

If only Sherman were still alive today. Maybe he'd also burn down Pizza Hut and Papa John's, along with the South!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:33 PM »

Oh dear, according to the Facebook feed, he is referring to the orphans again as: "son" and "daughter." It may be damage control time.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »

I think Bushie and his culture's abstinence from moderate pleasures like alcohol and sex are why most of them overindulge in non-taboo pleasures like eating.
^^^^^^^
Having been raised by evangelical parents, I've always felt this is the case with a lot of the Bushie-esque Christians.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »

I have such a bad feeling that Dallas ends up beating Green Bay. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're right!!

It's about time for the annual Great Chokers of Texas, to show up, dear friend. Wink
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 10:49:09 PM »

I have such a bad feeling that Dallas ends up beating Green Bay. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're right!!

It's about time for the annual Great Chokers of Texas, to show up, dear friend. Wink

Newsflash, Dallas and Choke-Romo are 5-0 in December/January 2014/2015.  Our last loss was an embarrassment at the hands of Philly on Thanksgiving.  Dallas had the last laugh, though.

Yes, but we all know the regular season Cowboys, and the postseason Cowboys have been two different teams. Just saying, you guys almost lost this one, and Detroit is an incredibly stupid team.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies