Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:53:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 205043 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: December 01, 2014, 01:00:43 AM »

the causality on those maps has a lot to do with tobacco smoking, and not solely dietary habits.
Tobacco certainly leads to shorter life spans, but nicotine is a stimulant and, therefore, an appetite suppressant. There is no reason why cigarette use should lead people to obesity. If anything, it should do the opposite.

Nobody becomes overweight from smoking, but I do notice quite a lot of overweight smokers, some of them look morbidly obese.  Thanks to the prevalence of the grotesque pictures (they're on my cigarette packs), I could just imagine losing one foot to diabetes and the other to gangrene.  Sad

I've never really been overweight, though I used to eat very poorly.  Maybe some people become really overweight and retake the habit because they think it'll help them lose weight.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »

LOL, of course there is a soda.

My meals are usually pretty simple. For breakfast, I have a cup of special k with some sliced banana, and a cup and a half of grapes after. For a snack, I'll have some celery. Lunch is a black bean boca patty on a sandwich thin with some low fat cheddar, and carrots to go with it. Mid-day snack is either coco almonds, or some more grapes. Dinner tonight is an asian style fried rice with brown rice, with some egg whites, and FILLED with fresh veggies that I got from the store.

At no point today, did I drink any thing other than a cup of tea in the morning (no cream or sugar..not a diet thing, just hate them in my tea) and my water.

What's wrong with the pop?  You gloss over a healthy meal and focus on the pop, which has no calories on its own?  That's pretty arrogant.

It's bad for your teeth, and because you drink caffeinated pop, it increases your risk of heart attack.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:28:13 AM »

LOL, of course there is a soda.

My meals are usually pretty simple. For breakfast, I have a cup of special k with some sliced banana, and a cup and a half of grapes after. For a snack, I'll have some celery. Lunch is a black bean boca patty on a sandwich thin with some low fat cheddar, and carrots to go with it. Mid-day snack is either coco almonds, or some more grapes. Dinner tonight is an asian style fried rice with brown rice, with some egg whites, and FILLED with fresh veggies that I got from the store.

At no point today, did I drink any thing other than a cup of tea in the morning (no cream or sugar..not a diet thing, just hate them in my tea) and my water.

What's wrong with the pop?  You gloss over a healthy meal and focus on the pop, which has no calories on its own?  That's pretty arrogant.

It's bad for your teeth, and because you drink caffeinated pop, it increases your risk of heart attack.

The teeth problem can be solved through drinking with a straw. I do that any time I drink soda or iced tea.

Please, Jeff has enough tools to consume massive amounts of calories as it is.  I'm sure he doesn't keep the straws from his Burger King visits for use the next day.

Unless those dirty bastards only provide tap water and drinking straws.  And a vending machine with Dr Pepper, or is it brought from home?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »

What do you expect me to drink when there is no water, except for tap water, in the break room?

Tap water.

Please Joe. It's Oklahoma. They think environmental regulation is a left-wing plot. He'd have to filter and boil it first.

Yes, to strain out the flouride.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 06:19:07 PM »

There is a very good reason Bushie is doing this: it's not his money.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »

am i understanding this correctly:  bushie is going to get up at 4am to watch some clock on a website?  but he only cares about when the 'civilized' countries ring in the new year.

Yes.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »

am i understanding this correctly:  bushie is going to get up at 4am to watch some clock on a website?  but he only cares about when the 'civilized' countries ring in the new year.

You mean you're not going to do that?

im probably not going to ring in the new year in my own time zone.

It's doubtful Bushie will either, in spite of what he says his plans are.

If I can make a recommendation, though, Bushie should try methamphetamine if he has trouble staying awake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies