Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:15:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203904 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »

As we must with all Update seasons, we turn to our hero, Russ Powers of Oklahoma who doesn't let a few inches of snow bother him.  He simply conquers it and takes what he wants.

Go Russ.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:06:28 PM »

He's. Never. Dieting.  Can we move on? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »

Is there one person here who believes Our Dear Friend's food nonsense?  No. So please move on.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »

Since when did Thanksgiving become a holy day again, Bushie?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »

I am seriously considering going back to my no fries and no ice cream diet that I did in September.  I will still eat potatoes when they are served to me, but I will not have any French fries.  Yes, my attitude needs to change and slowly, but surely, I will change this attitude.

You didn't succeed at the no fries no ice cream diet so forget it.  Explain to me why you have to eat potatoes if "served to me"?  What does that mean?  You're 33 years old and 100+ pounds overweight and your family knows it, so just say "no thanks". 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »

But there are no good places to eat there since all he ever goes to is McDonald's on the OK turnpike.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 12:28:56 PM »

Bushie, sitting on your ass doing nothing but eating and watching tv isn't a good start to your new lifestyle.  Is Granny doing your laundry?  Don't lie.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 03:21:01 PM »

Bushie - how about this - lunch was 2 hardboiled eggs, salad with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, radishes, green onion and cauliflower....oil and balsamic dressing?

Dinner tonight - Grilled chicken thighs with lots of jamaican jerk spice, corn and salad.

Sound tempting?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »

I know things must change.  What I need is a new attitude on my health.  I asked God on the way home from work to give me that new attitude and the desire, willpower, and discipline to make the changes I need to make and stick to them. 

Tomorrow, I will probably have Chick-fil-a for lunch and try to eat light when I go to the McDonald's on the turnpike for dinner.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »

Guys treating himself to a restaurant meal as a reward at the end of a long work week, even if the work week is only three days long, is perfectly normal and there is NOTHING WRONG with abandoning his diet to do so.

Agreed.  I"m picking up Channa Masala and Dal Saga on the way home to show my support.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »

You guys will love this:  my family will indulge in Braum's tonight before we put up the Christmas Tree.  RIP "Diet"...

We'll be laughing at your funeral.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »

How are your kids?  Have you Christmas shopped for them yet?  It's not like Kenya is 2 or 3 mail days away, you know?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »

He's consciously making terrible choices. Shame of this is that at Bushie's size and diet, he could be a pretty good nose tackle.

And Al makes a good suggestion - tuna is very tasty and generally healthy. Around here we put onions and or celery in it to really give it taste. But nah, that's not happening.

Grilled tuna steak, rare........awesome.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »

bushie can you confirm that youve gained about 25 pounds in 2 years?

Pretty close, but we're not going to talk about that tonight.  This is a holiday.

What some stupid family rule about it on the holiday?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 04:32:26 AM »

Bushie is looking 300 in the eye and I'm not talking about a perfect score in bowling.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »

No one can dismiss bowling as a meaningless activity.  It is a pretty good work out.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 08:41:14 AM »

If rather hear about his pumpkin pie lunch  Ugh.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »

Since when does bowling burn off 600 calories? Hell, even running a few miles only burns off a couple hundred.

Otherwise, who cares. We know he's not going to diet because his version of "dieting" is having no fries with his cheeseburger as opposed to eating a vegetable or drinking water.

WTF is your problem Dukey?  HE ATE A SMALL CHEESBURGER WITH NO FRIES!!!!  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. K? Thx.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 09:23:30 PM »

Wow, guys, I did not ask to be lambasted while I was gone to church.  You think I'm hopeless.  You all, except for J-Mann, are hopeless for pointing fingers and viciously assassinating my character.  You'd think I'd learn and stop updating.  Let me ask this:  When I cease updating would you please stop assassinating my character and my family's character?  I do not want to hear a single, solitary word more of this vicious, no-good, lying, un-manlike garbage.

You are hopeless and helpless and your parents and your 95 year old granny are hopeless enablers. They're as bad as you. You'll all have a big laugh when you're a beyond hope diabetic.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 11:51:52 AM »

Like I said, in Bushie's case--this obviously isn't the case for everybody, but in Bushie's case--the rejection of the liturgical year and in particular of the penitential seasons is part and parcel of the same complex of terrible theology that is ruining his life, and by extensions the lives of his loved ones.
If only Bushie were Catholic (or Episcopal or Whatever) his life would be saved and he would be a totally upstanding person Roll Eyes

Bushie's own religion doesn't even say what Bushie says it says, memphis.  No way does Southern Baptist say Advent and Christmas, and Lent and Easter are the same things.  Nor does it say that of all the women on Earth at the time of Jesus, God chose some lil trampy teen from the poor town of Bethlehem to be the Theotokos.  The literal reading ritual of his religion is interesting as well, since Jesus often spoke in parables, which required the listenter to interpret them in order to understand them, and those interpretations differ to this day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 02:05:47 PM »

Boys, Bushie had pie for lunch over the weekend.  Ugh........
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »

Why do you always forget your meds.........seriously, you're not 6
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 04:11:29 PM »

Me too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 08:19:15 PM »

Why do you always forget your meds.........seriously, you're not 6

They were just pain killers that I forgot today, but you're right, I do forget my regular meds a lot.  I am going to start leaving some meds at each place I would stay so I don't run into this problem.

Just in this season you and Papa drove to Tulsa for a medicine run.  That's insane.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »

This thread isn't about BRTD or kidney stones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies