Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:07:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203846 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 29, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »

This was a pretty small burger to begin with and I bowled 38 frames in 65 minutes.  There was only one other person bowling with me, so the games went rapidly.  I may not have burned it all off, but I know I burned the majority of it off.

You will not be successful in your fitness efforts if you view each positive action as a reason why it's OK to indulge in a negative action.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »

Before I go to lift at the gym I always ask myself, "did you eat the cheeseburger your body needs to perform at its best during this athletic activity?" And if the answer is no, I stop at McDonalds and order a double. Gotta fuel your body right.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »

What's wrong with the pop?  You gloss over a healthy meal and focus on the pop, which has no calories on its own?  That's pretty arrogant.

Well soda, you see, has literally no nutritional value. Read that again: Literally none. Your body gets absolutely no benefit from drinking it. It's nothing but empty calories, and you definitely don't need to be eating those.

I lost 50 pounds simply by not drinking soda.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

The Tulsa apartment burning down would actually be a blessing.

Assuming he pays rental insurance (which apartment management companies usually require), you'd certainly be right.

Hmm... are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »

The weight loss advice being distributed here is incredibly mixed up, often contradictory, and seldom put forward in a positive manner. Bushie is never going to lose weight by listening to this confused thread.

Then again, Bushie is never going to lose weight, period, until he has a significant change to his usual way of thinking.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:44:17 AM »

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »

I still don't understand why a restaurant would call itself a warehouse?? Food should not be cooked and served in a warehouse! This is why the terrorists hate us.

for those of us who don't want to pay those high retail spaghetti prices
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »

What good is having religion if you can't force it on other people?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »

I didn't realize Chris Christie is a Cowboys fan

lol brobible
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:06 PM »

Dallas is an elite team??  Excessive hyperbole alert.  Lol.

Now the Patriots ... that's an elite team.  Grin
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 03:49:53 AM »

You can't handle criticism and that's why you thought about quitting.

Would you drop that, please?  That's a non-issue.

I hate to be like this, but it's a big issue in your life....you're actually doing it right now Tongue.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »

I thought you might say that.  I may start looking tonight while I watch the game.

"May" means he won't. Common Bushie distraction tactic.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »

What nobody realizes is I am bringing home a fat paycheck every two weeks, so I'm paying for 90% of my bills.  I've said that several times before, but why cant anyone see that?

It's sad that, with a fat paycheck, you're not paying 100% of your own bills. You are an thirty something adult. Come on, dude. How can't you see that?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »

Oh my, so many complements the past two pages.  (I'm saying that sarcastically, of course).  I don't care what anyone else, except my parents, think.  I'm not going to go through and answer every single post since I last posted.  That would be ridiculous and time consuming.  Suffice it to say that no one can blame me for this lay off.  Everyone has to agree with the truth that it wasn't my fault.  What is more debatable, however, is that I am doing the best I can not letting it get me down.  I am doing what I feel I need to do to put myself in the best position to get a job as soon as possible.

Let us be very clear: The fact that this one particular job did not last forever may not be your fault. What is your fault is your current unemployment status -- you refused all attempts to search for a new job when you knew your last one was highly temporary. Putting your faith in the continued existence of the job is your fault. Your current financial situation, where your expenses far exceed your income is your fault. The fact that you can't pay your bills is your own fault. The fact that you willingly surrendered previous jobs that actually did pay you decently is your own fault (though we understand that the axe would have likely come eventually for you, as it inevitably does). The fact that you're morbidly obese and unable to make changes to improve your own health is your fault.

Nothing is ever your fault, and that's why your life is in the terrible state its in. But by all means, take another nap.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 06:31:32 PM »

Let me say something with the utmost respect.  Even though I'm unemployed, my life is not in shambles.  I have a great life I'm living.  I'm thoroughly enjoying life and I am not at all down about being laid off.  Could I have been a little more proactive in looking for a job?  Absolutely.  Am I fat?  You betcha.  Do I have reasons to be very happy with where God has me right now?  You better believe it.  Life has dealt some tough blows, and a lot of them, I inflicted on myself.  That doesn't mean my life is in complete disarray.  I have no reason to be ashamed or even worried.  I have every reason to be thankful and determined.

Well of course you're living the good life -- thanks to an overly generous family, everyone else is paying your bills when you can't and you face no consequences for your own actions.

And PS: You definitely have reason to be worried about the direction your life has headed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies