Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:43:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 205041 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 22, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »

How many of you have ever had 2 bowls of cereal in one sitting? I can't say I ever have.

No, though I usually also have a little something else. Just cereal is kind of a wasted meal.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »

In deference to Bushie's cogent and eloquent arguments for the Christian nature of Thanksgiving, I chose not to celebrate it yesterday out of respect for the Church, with which I am not affiliated.

Instead, I spent my day walking through the neighborhood and analyzing the fundamental reasons for the poor performance of the 49ers offense.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 03:26:52 AM »

When you bowl, you basically walk a few feet and swing a heavy ball. Weight-wise, you might as well carry a grocery bag across the room and call that a frame bowled. The actual act of throwing the ball is good for strength-building, but doesn't really burn many calories.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 01:04:46 AM »

Perhaps you should go by a name other than Nathan to make it easier for the forum to remember you are not male.

I changed my display name over a year ago and I've grown attached to what it is now (which is supposed to communicate that anyway but apparently doesn't succeed). I can't change the fact that it says 'Nathan' under it. I could just ask people to address me as Madeleine, which is the name that my family and I eventually decided on, but I have low hopes for the forum as a whole remembering or abiding by it.

FWIW, I don't pay attention to people's display names. So many people just do dumb stuff with it that it isn't worth noticing. Still, I remember that you're a transsexual.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »

At least drop the cable package, Jeff. You've indicated that you're (or your family is) paying over $100 a month ... maybe more ... for cable that you're not there to watch (and going back solely to watch it is a double waste because of the money and time spent on driving). There is no disconnect fee for utilities or services like that, nor is there any time-bound commitment.

You surely agree that's a waste of money, right?

But he needs to watch the riveting Fumbuck State vs. Outer Mongolia Tech game after his monthly church picnic and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »

Back to Tulsa, I guess.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »

Most of his teachings, though, are not aligned with the Holy Scriptures which is he is supposed to uphold and support and teach the Church.  That bothers me a great deal.

Fortunately, the Catholic Church is not and has never been beholden to an American Evangelical interpretation of the Scriptures.

I wonder if Bushie knows that the Catholic Church rejects a literal reading of the Bible. That alone probably makes every Pope the Antichrist.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 05:37:20 PM »

Knowing Bushie, that is exactly what we are talking about here.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »

Bushie, do you concur with other posters that have made the claim that without God providing a moral framework, there is nothing stopping you from being a serial rapist/murderer? 

I posit there would be something else stopping him; it would require him to actually invest time into doing something more physically challenging than focusing on far-off holidays.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »

I mean, Memphis is hardly New York City. And we're about the same population as OKC, so the comparison in pretty apt. Mostly, middle class people here live in one story detached houses on quarter acre lots. You have the green space out back for the dog to run around and there are trees everywhere. What's the utility in being any less dense that that?

Yeah, I live in a city that has 17,000 people/sq mi. Let me tell you, there are no issues with personal space. Outside of a couple of main arteries, the city is essentially empty. Unless we are talking about some place like Cairo or Tokyo, I don't get how elbow room is an actual issue.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 02:43:33 AM »

Bushie has proven that he needs negativity in his life. How many times has the forum bailed him out of some scheme (including at least one that was outright illegal)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies