Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:13:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 204826 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: November 30, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »

If you're going to eat canned vegetables, at least get the fancy organic kind. Those should still be good for you as long as you don't do anything ridiculous like adding butter to them (which sounds absolutely disgusting anyway).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:24:22 AM »

Bushie, this is not 'Nam, this is religion. There are rules.

No there aren't. Anyone can make up whatever rules they want, and as long as they're not hateful or violent or anything, everyone's take is equally valid as the other. This is one of the few times that he's 100% correct when he says there's "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »

It's pretty obvious that he just enjoys having a place to escape to in Tulsa every once in a while. Obviously it doesn't stand to logical scrutiny, but that has to be his motivation.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »

bushie shouldve gotten the mba.  it would have been better to go in debt for that rather than cad(D)

At least half of an MBA program is networking with companies and fellow students. How well is Jeff going to do at a mixer when he refuses to drink? And we all know how the charity bowl-a-thon would end. Plus I can see him severely pissing off his cohort when they have to spend all weekend doing a group project and Jeff leaves at 9pm on the first night and then doesn't show up at all on Sunday because he had to go to church in the morning and to his neighbor's third-cousin's cosmetology school graduation party in the afternoon.

Assuming Oklahoma State or whatever is somewhat similar to Mississippi State, no officially-sanctioned MBA event is going to serve alcohol. That's the South for you.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:20:18 PM »

What kind of graduate program doesn't have events with alcohol? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Alcohol isn't allowed on campus, period (state law, not necessarily MSU policy). Yes, the administration looks the other way on frat parties and football games as long as nothing too rowdy happens, but no officially-sanctioned on campus event is going to have it.

Now, if there were an off-campus mixer at a restaurant, people may order it on their own dime, but I don't remember having any of those during my MBA days. Maybe there was one during marching band practice one time (meaning I couldn't go and had a legit excuse not to)? Mostly it was on-campus lunch stuff.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »

My grandmother's roots are in Georgia. According to the family story (which I have no idea whether or not is true), Sherman came through burning everything, but my ancestor (who, like most of Sherman's victims, was nowhere near rich enough to own slaves) somehow communicated to Sherman that he was a Mason, and Sherman spared his property.

Again, no idea if it's true. But family members have repeated this story my whole life.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »

I ordered a Frito Chili Pizza (like 6 weeks ago, come guys...) and it was pretty good. Probably won't order it again, and I'm not sure it should legally be called "pizza," but as a food item, I enjoyed it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »

No Orange Bowl? Sad
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »

Are you more of a movie fan than the TV show? I ask because you used the characters' higher ranks from the films.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies