Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:42:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 205022 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 20, 2014, 11:03:15 PM »
« edited: November 20, 2014, 11:06:18 PM by Yelnoc »

EDIT: This one is a better and more realistic tool to use (at least when it comes to those that you don't have to create an account for; I don't want RealAge pounding me with never-ending emails saying "OMG You're Unhealthy As Hell" after taking the test as Bushie)

That said my virtual age was 1.5 years....

You're not going to behave yourself. I know you. You still refuse to eat vegetables. No weight loss will happen without vegetables in every meal. Sorry, friend.

He just needs to cut his total caloric intake. Bushie could drink water and take vitamins for a week or two and cut the 20 lbs. he wants to shed easy.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »

I need to eat more vegetables and I will do so.  Maybe not every single meal, but most meals.  As far as exercise, I need to make the time to do it.

Have you made time to exercise, now that Thanksgiving is over?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »

Ah, I remeber the Left Behind books. My super religious aunt and uncle made me read them when I was a little kid. I always ignored all the God stuff (which was a big chunk of the book) and skipped ahead to find out which character got killed off and how.

If I'm remebering correctly, the antichrist from the series was the Russian Prime Minister or something. I remeber he came from Eastern Europe.
I was working at a bookstore when they were popular. They actually had a kid's version, so that the little ones could enjoy them too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind:_The_Kids

I was made (well, encouraged) to read those when I was a kid...like when I was 11 or 12 years old. It really ed me up. The basic plot is that a group of kids are the only person in their family "left behind" to experience seven years of hell on earth, all because they didn't buy into their parents theology. That really scared me, so I went and asked to be baptized (my family is Southern Baptist, of course) and spent the next three years or so trying to be a super Christian (and becoming that weird kid in the process).

Moral of the story; don't let your kid read these books.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies