Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203888 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 20, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »

I apologize for starting the Blessed Mother-Our Dear Friend debate during the other season.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:05:13 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2014, 07:07:29 AM by Keystone Phil »

Guys, Our Dear Friend was in very bad traffic in Tulsa last night. When I asked how much traffic could possibly be in a city only the size of Tulsa, I was greeted with a BushOK response but also comments from two others:

"A city is a city."
"Eat your cheesesteak."

Now, upon further review, Tulsa is larger than I imagined (not that I thought it was just some tumbleweed town) but the responses from his friends are so BushOK-esque.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »

LOL!  The Okies think because they literally only eat the slop we associate with them that the rest of the country must be the same.  People from the Delaware Valley only eat cheesesteaks, Chicagoland only eats deep dish, etc.

Phil, you should hit up a nice Japanese joint in Center City, take a food selfie, and post it to that thread.  You don't have to stand for lard asses from the plains states taking jabs at you when it comes to food.  Northeasterners eat far better than Heartlanders (the area being named, of course, for the enlarged heart that's so common around those parts) and that's not debatable.

Wait...the best part? That comment came from the genius that said real pizza is "horrible" but the garbage he shovels in his mouth - you know, pineapple pizza with chocolate syrup on top - is good.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »

He did say he is only in Tulsa for one night so he might be looking for a good time...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »

Forgot you were in Tulsa. I'd still recommend ground turkey, turkey bacon and whole wheat bread for Granny's house.

Do you eat sushi?

I don't eat sushi.

Is it because you think you won't like it, or because you've actually tried multiple types and don't like it?

Keep in mind, excessive processed food over long periods of time effect your taste buds.

I've tried it before, but never found it tasty or filling.  Part of the reason I don't eat Oriental food at all.

I'm going to pre-emptively have your back before the PC Police come rushing in to say "OMG YOU DON'T SAY THAT! THE O-WORD IS ONLY OK WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT RUGS!"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »

...has anyone dared to ask how The Diet will be affected this Thursday?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »

...has anyone dared to ask how The Diet will be affected this Thursday?

Like Paul said, I'm not going to think about the diet on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.  Tomorrow night will be kind of tough with our all church Thanksgiving Dinner, but since it is not a holiday, I will try to spare myself too much.

What did Christ eat on His birthday? Nothing. How about you follow His example as you celebrate His birth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »

It's two days out of the year you can eat like a fatso and have no regrets. 

And your excuse for the other 363 days?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 04:15:10 PM »

Dare I ask what particular brand of fiber-less, nutrition-less lumps of sugar you call 'cereal'?

Usually frosted mini-wheats.

There we go.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 07:55:28 AM »

I will obviously pick the restaurant we take Our Dear Friend to.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 07:24:47 AM »

Good Thanksgiving morning! Along with this supposedly being a high holy day in the Roman Catholic Church celebrating Jesus' first encounter with the indigenous people of the present day United States, it is also the day when Our Dear Friend gets to watch his putrid Dallas Cowboys lose at home to my Philadelphia Eagles!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »

How'd that game go, good?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 11:17:04 AM »

Even by his standards, I'm shocked at the "I bowled off the calories from the cheeseburger" logic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »

Speaking of making time, when is a trip to Europe planned?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 10:00:10 PM »

Advent is also a penitential season, but I doubt Bushie or his church will be giving that much thought.

Advent and Christmas are the same seasons. 

You're literally too stupid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 10:28:35 PM »

"Everything in moderation."

I plead, for the safety of the children, that that not be entered into the Irony Mine.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »

BushOK's Basketball team lost last night and he expressed how he's upset about this. Watch for some "comfort food" to enter the picture today (or maybe it already did last night. A midnight snack that he's hiding from us?).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »

I thought I had seen it all in this thread but there was one line on the last page that actually had me cracking up and literally face palming in public. And it wasn't a comment by Our Dear Friend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »

Jeez, it's not like if you leave your home unattended for an extended period, a bunch of strangers break in and start having sex everywhere.  That just doesn't happen.

One of those "perfectly unbelievable but totally realistic in BushOK's world" stories.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 10:44:26 PM »

Our Dear Friend and I will be at odds this week. No, no, it's not over the Roma vs. Manchester City Champions League match; it'll be war over the Eagles vs. Cowboys exactly a week from now! Pick your sides.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 08:02:25 AM »

I know I shouldn't be giving him any ideas but look at this American "masterpiece": http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-pizza-hut-doritos-crust-pizza-20141205-story.html

Something so appropriate for BushOK's tastebuds! And remember: this is something his family would consider "good" pizza! Mmmmmmm!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »

I ordered a Frito Chili Pizza (like 6 weeks ago, come guys...) and it was pretty good. Probably won't order it again, and I'm not sure it should legally be called "pizza," but as a food item, I enjoyed it.

Of course you did!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 08:54:04 PM »

Memphis, I'm not going to apologize for rightfully calling you out as a piece of garbage for liking trash "food." Deal with it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 09:07:09 PM »

Memphis, I'm not going to apologize for rightfully calling you out as a piece of garbage for liking trash "food." Deal with it.
Huh
I was agreeing that the Frito sucked... Harry and I are not the same person.

I believe you referred to me as a pearl clutcher because I'm not some animal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »

Oh God. I figured Braum's was like an Arby's. Instead, it's much, much worse. I guess the silver lining is that they didn't try to pass it off offensively by calling it "Alfredo's" or "Mama DiRosa's" or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies