Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:49:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 203896 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 20, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »

Bushie, I need you to stop using God as a way to make excuses. God will not micro manage your life, you need to take personal responsibility for yourself, and it's good that you recognize that you're treating your body, but saying that you'll be having Chick-Fil-a for lunch and McDonald's for dinner? No. Don't go there, saying "I need to get healthy" then saying "I'll eat at McDonald's" is an extremely contradictory thing. I know I sound like a dick right now, but the only reason I am is because many of us are concerned for you, and who knows, maybe J-Mann and others like him are part of God's plan to help you in your life and for you to be successful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUwqEcOhAcM

You need to realize that we aren't mocking you, we want you to be successful and to be able to live your dreams, but first you must listen to our advice so you can take the first steps in getting to that goal. You can lose 100 pounds, you can get a stable job, you can have a successful relationship, but you need to realize we aren't saying 'do this, do that' just because we want to. We do it because we know that's what you need to accomplish to perform to your full potential.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »

IceSpear, I have thought about the procedure, but I guess I'm too afraid of going under the knife.

I mean it is relatively harmless to the vast majority of people who get it done (except for those 600-1200 lbs behemoths. You get anesthesia and everything iirc.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

Can we all celebrate a little victory here? Jeff packed a moderately-healthy lunch and ate it! I think that's worth continuing encouragement.

Go Jeff! I'm glad you went to work today even with the lack of sleep, Bushie six months ago would've stayed home, and I'm glad you're getting better with work.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »

Don't these busybody white people have anything better to do than spread their nonsense beliefs to a part of the world with far more pressing concerns?

People's eternal future is far more important than any other temporary problem.

You know, starvation, dehydration, those are all bad things, but teaching them about Jesus is more important than them dying.

You'll never be faced with something as terrible as that, Bushie, and the fact that you would think that you need to spread your religion before you help others is pretty sickening.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:12:20 PM »

Don't these busybody white people have anything better to do than spread their nonsense beliefs to a part of the world with far more pressing concerns?

You know, starvation, dehydration, those are all bad things, but teaching them about Jesus is more important than them dying.

You'll never be faced with something as terrible as that, Bushie, and the fact that you would think that you need to spread your religion before you help others is pretty sickening.

What you mentioned is very important and they do need to be taken care of and is sometimes a gateway into sharing the Gospel with them, but people's eternal souls that last forever are of more importance.  That's not being sick, that's being loving.

No, being loving is saving lives, not spreading word of the gospel.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »

What you mentioned is very important and they do need to be taken care of and is sometimes a gateway into sharing the Gospel with them, but people's eternal souls that last forever are of more importance.  That's not being sick, that's being loving.

No, being loving is saving lives, not spreading word of the gospel.

Leading others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ that will guarantee they will spend eternity in heaven is the most loving thing you can do for someone.

Again, though, we are NOT going to have a theological discussion tonight, so drop the subject now.

No, I think it's pretty arrogant of you to think that their problems aren't bad, and even then, nobody truly knows if there is God, you can tell me that "the bible and faith" stuff, but we truly have no way of knowing, and if I had to choose whether to aid an organization who provide free healthcare services to the poorest citizens vs an organization that translated the bible, I would choose the former in every case.

We need to aid these people in their time of need, not teach them Jesus while watching them slowly starve to death.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »

Yeah, Bushie doesn't have a fraction of the drive needed to sustain a high level business career. The problem is that people keep telling him to shoot for these crazy, implausible dreams. He needs to pursue something he has at least a chance of acheiving. I stand by my repeated pizza delivery suggestions from last season. As long as you don't steal, it's super hard to get fired from pizza delivery.

As part of a live-action, Update-themed reality show, Jeff and I are going to switch lives for a month.

"Watch as J-Mann's credit rating plummets from a 719 to a 346!"
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »

Bushie, what do you think will happen in seven years?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 03:46:49 PM »

Yet just a few seasons ago, he was saying that he would never attend a Pentecostal church because of doctrinal differences. I believe ODF has also stayed that he would not even allow a Mormon to enter his home.

Pentecostals do have fundamental differences I don't like.  Also, Mormons are not Christians.  They are a separate religion.

You can't pick and choose which denominations are Christians. If they view themselves as a Christian denomination, they're Christians, simple as that.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:19 AM »

The Brown family lifts with their backs? Why am I not surprised?

The Clan Bushie will lift with their backs and they don't care none what Michelle Hussein Obama gotta say.

*Moochelle Hussein Obummer
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »

You can't handle criticism and that's why you thought about quitting.

Would you drop that, please?  That's a non-issue.

I hate to be like this, but it's a big issue in your life....you're actually doing it right now Tongue.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 10:25:55 PM »

You can't handle criticism and that's why you thought about quitting.

Would you drop that, please?  That's a non-issue.

I hate to be like this, but it's a big issue in your life....you're actually doing it right now Tongue.

What am I supposed to do?  Agree with him on something that is blatantly not true?  Since when is defending yourself against false accusation that he just concocted not taking criticism well?  I take criticism very well, but I just don't like being falsely accused.

...you're not exactly taking it well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies