Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb launches exploratory committee! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:24:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb launches exploratory committee! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb launches exploratory committee!  (Read 5644 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 20, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
« edited: November 20, 2014, 02:11:37 PM by Cardinal X »

I want to like Webb, but I'm not sure I can vote for him.  I can post a link later if anyone's interested, but I believe I once read that he's written some pretty sketchy stuff about the the run-up to the Civil War and the Confederacy (including that he was at least somewhat supportive of "popular sovergnity" and implying that the South had a right to secede, IIRC).  I hope it was distorted or taken out-of-context somehow because as I said earlier, there is a lot to like about Webb.  However, if the article was right, then that's a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »

Do people here legitimately think Webb has a shot? LOL

Of course not. But it was inevitable that the media and the anti-Hillary people would immediately embrace and orgasm over the first Democrat who wasn't Hillary to declare. In fact, maybe that's why Webb announced first. He probably knew he'd get no attention whatsoever if he announced after Bernie Sanders or Martin O'Malley.

It's obvious that you only oppose Webb because he's a non-denomentational Christian.  Where was your outrage over Tom Vilsack running against Hillary in 2008?  Where was your outrage over Mitt Romney running against Hillary in 2008?  Where was your outrage about Jonathan Tasini running against Hillary in 2006?  Where was your outrage when John Kerry ran instead of Hillary in 2004?  Where was your outrage about Rick Lazio running against Hillary in 2000?  Show me specific posts documenting your outrage in each of these instances Angry  Perhaps you might be more comfortable with a blue-avatar (then again, I doubt even the Republicans would wage such an appalling smear campaign simply to defeat the first non-denomential Christian President).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »

Do people here legitimately think Webb has a shot? LOL

Of course not. But it was inevitable that the media and the anti-Hillary people would immediately embrace and orgasm over the first Democrat who wasn't Hillary to declare. In fact, maybe that's why Webb announced first. He probably knew he'd get no attention whatsoever if he announced after Bernie Sanders or Martin O'Malley.

It's obvious that you only oppose Webb because he's a non-denomentational Christian.  Where was your outrage over Tom Vilsack running against Hillary in 2008?  Where was your outrage over Mitt Romney running against Hillary in 2008?  Where was your outrage about Jonathan Tasini running against Hillary in 2006?  Where was your outrage when John Kerry ran instead of Hillary in 2004?  Where was your outrage about Rick Lazio running against Hillary in 2000?  Show me specific posts documenting your outrage in each of these instances Angry  Perhaps you might be more comfortable with a blue-avatar (then again, I doubt even the Republicans would wage such an appalling smear campaign simply to defeat the first non-denomential Christian President).

LOL.

I actually have bashed Tasini and Lazio on here. Kerry and Romney never ran against Hillary, and Vilsack was too irrelevant to bash.

Anyway, I know you're kidding, but I'm not even "outraged" about Webb running. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I hope he sells a lot of books. He deserves it for beating Macaca.

I'm pretty sure Romney ran against Hillary in 2008 Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies