Gary Peters in the future? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:57:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gary Peters in the future? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gary Peters in the future?  (Read 5267 times)
DS0816
« on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:53 AM »

Michigan is keeping its U.S. Senate seats in the Democratic column just as much as Connecticut and New Jersey are. Yes, Michigan was a Republican pickup in 1994, for Spence Abraham, but we know what kind of year 1994 was. And that's what it took for the GOP to win a U.S. Senate seat in Michigan. The party, with Louisiana a likely pickup (from the run-off), garnered nine pickups 20 years later here in 2014. Michigan resisted. And in the Republican presidential pickup year of 2000, Abraham became unseated by Debbie Stabenow (who won re-elections in 2000 and 2006 by increased margins). Gary Peters had no reason not to win the open-seat race in 2012.

As for Gary Peters on the national stage of presidential or vice-presidential talk, the answer is no. There isn't a g.d. thing I can think of in which Michigan Democrats are leaders. Not even in the state of Michigan. And this is a top-10 state, in population rank, for which I am stating the following: I don't think we'll be getting a presidential winner, specifically from the Democratic Party (and forget the Republican Party!), where Michigan is the home state. The Michigan Democrats are followers. They're not leaders.
DS0816
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 08:47:11 PM »

Peters better thank Jesus every day his opponent was Land, because there was no way Land would have won. Do I REALLY need to remind everyone of the Sharknado ad?

Gary Peters would have defeated any Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate seat from Michigan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies